Work & Life

Natalie

Got my work laptop today.

pissed, back to windows, such a par

Gonna learn soooo much in this new role, last few days have been an absolute madness, information overload.

exactly what I needed 

• Upvote 1

I'm a graphic designer, before i worked in a small family based print studio but I've now stepped into the marketing team of a very large corporate as the only designer. Gonna learn so much about the industry I'm in which is pretty interesting in itself as well as learning from all the different teams about practices I have never been exposed to before. Should be a very enjoyable/stressful/informative year for me after a couple years stagnation

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FA23 said:

I'm a graphic designer, before i worked in a small family based print studio but I've now stepped into the marketing team of a very large corporate as the only designer. Gonna learn so much about the industry I'm in which is pretty interesting in itself as well as learning from all the different teams about practices I have never been exposed to before. Should be a very enjoyable/stressful/informative year for me after a couple years stagnation

Sick

Thought most corporate marketing functions outsourced graphic design to agencies nowadays 

Will you be designing content? Or more on the branding side?

9 hours ago, FA23 said:

Very nice.

These roles where you're the only person with the skills are sick. I learnt so much at my old company like that, in me it breed a getting things done/resourceful nature. Any problem I was posed with I went out and found a solution, and in turn I ended up learning something new.

• Upvote 3

Absolutely ridic the amount work is paying for an overseas trip. Definitely not worth sending me over tbh, well at least not with the cost that's attached - business class tickets with $300 per night accommodation for two weeks. I actually said I'd be happy to have Economy and find a cheaper place to stay myself (manager said the same) but secretary said it's best if everyone has equal arrangements and accommodation is through partner so have to go with them for security/insurance. It's a total of just over £8k :/

Also the head of department took the piss - she had an open return business class ticket to US in Dec and never used it :/

I'm obviously psyched and very grateful, but the extortionate hotel and flight isn't necessary! As a new member to the team, there's definitely gonna be some questions over why I get to go so I just hope they don't find out the price tag.

Even more ridic they book this accommodation and tell me I have to pay for it myself and claim it back. Have to apply for another credit card just to do that.

(still grateful)

18 hours ago, Mame Biram Diouf said:

Sick

Thought most corporate marketing functions outsourced graphic design to agencies nowadays 

Will you be designing content? Or more on the branding side?

A lot do but I think more and more are bringing it in house because it's a lot cheaper and you have much more control over it, had a few interviews with law firms and other corporate bodies in the last year.

Both, mainly web and print content as the brand guidelines are already set in stone group wide so it will be just a case of making sure my design work falls in line which will be fine. Nice that I will get to digest all the content I produce tho, should be very informative

• Upvote 1

On 1/6/2017 at 5:30 PM, Michel Kane said:

Good idea.

We're FINALLY moving it to an actual recording studio as of this Sunday so may touch on it but will only delve deeper once I've been there for a while and I've progressed sufficiently i.e. working with the elite academy group. At Arsenal it goes...

1. Development centre

2. Advanced squad

3. Academy

I'm confident I can be put in charge of an advanced squad by the end of this season and once I start my UEFA A License, get more experience, etc, than can start aiming for the Academy.

As you saw on my Snap earlier, I've started watching some grass roots games and I'm gonna get involved with coaching my friend's team and getting badges too. Something to do on the side whilst learning the ropes.

2nd time i have been given a notice to improve in 2 months i have only just started there. me snc the manager do not get on at all 

told the bitch to sack me if she wants

lets see what today brings i am struggling she wants to have me like a slave yes madam no madam that bullshit 

shes only a supermarket manager ffs