Work & Life

Natalie

This being your own boss ting is difficult.

I wanted it to be a LLC straight away but they were asking for silly money(100,000-200,000 CHF) so I decided to go in as a sole trader which I have been quoted by various outlets ranging from 2000-40000 CHF which sounds a tad realistic and within my pocket money range.

Going to visit Luxembourg next to see what the tax haven is saying and also if I can actually buy a stake in a club out there then stage a hostile takeover within two weeks of being on board.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gal-dem.com/bolshy-sassy-intimidating-words-used-deny-woc-voice/

It’s time to seriously question why your instinct is to undermine or dismiss, rather than to listen and act. Forcing staff to raise concerns over and over again, pushing them to emotional breaking point before you take notice, does not make them naggy, bossy or emotional. It makes you a bad employer.

This is exactly what ive been goin through at work. It's seriously gutting because im raisin real concerns but my concerns are totally dismissed an they try "discipline" me instead by sayin im abrupt an if i dont stop bein abrupt blablabla

My union rep failed me. She told me amongst an hour of fuckry that im not rude just abrupt and it doesn't matter what the dictionary definition if abrupt is

None of my original concerns are addressed simply because it's me asking the questions

Now all of a sudden they wanna talk about my bradford score even tho all of my work is always in on time, ahead of time, before bein asked

5 hours ago, Grafter said:

http://www.gal-dem.com/bolshy-sassy-intimidating-words-used-deny-woc-voice/

This is exactly what ive been goin through at work. It's seriously gutting because im raisin real concerns but my concerns are totally dismissed an they try "discipline" me instead by sayin im abrupt an if i dont stop bein abrupt blablabla

My union rep failed me. She told me amongst an hour of fuckry that im not rude just abrupt and it doesn't matter what the dictionary definition if abrupt is

None of my original concerns are addressed simply because it's me asking the questions

Now all of a sudden they wanna talk about my bradford score even tho all of my work is always in on time, ahead of time, before bein asked

:/ sorry hun a workplace is not a twitter timeline people dont care about you or your feelings most people just want to come in do their 8 hours n leave.

11 minutes ago, Funkyskanker said:

:/ sorry hun a workplace is not a twitter timeline people dont care about you or your feelings most people just want to come in do their 8 hours n leave.

Are you stupid of something?

what part of my post or the article made u take the leap to twitter timeline

2 hours ago, Seydou said:

These people work on tone.

How is your tone coming across to them ?

Personally I think its fine

The questions I ask make people feel "put upon" or "shown up" which is absolutely never my intention. Its just a pity I get punished for the incompetence of others. 

If i ask a man a question an he replies i don't know over 10 times to the point where everyone is feelin uncomfortable in the room, unable to simply say I'll get back to u on that, how is it my fault?

Its just all bollox, i have several other colleagues who i check things with an they dont agree. In that one meetin i was told i was bein abrupt, in the meetin an italian lady was looking mad worried at how i was bein spoken to, then spoke up an said "i think what grace is tryin to say..." Repeated everything i said but was ignored herself. When i told her thanks a few days later she said " no i didn't like how u were spoken to, we should feel able to speak up without bein shouted down and intimidated" which is what happened. Had i cried or appeared shaken maybe i could have turned round an fitted someone else up for bein abrupt an intimidating. But because I wasnt intimidated they try get me on my performance record.

Its not my tone. Its because im unafraid. They want u to pussyfoot aroune anyone on a higher salary. 

I could try to change my tone but based on what I've been through they will only make something else up.

• Like 2

Think alot of ppl underestimate how big an effect cultural differences have in the work place. 

Blacks and whites inherently  talk differently which to white ppl can sometimes come across aggressive or abrupt etc ( even tho it's not it's just to the point without being flowery) 

Essential to learn to adapt communication accordingly in work whether u like it or not "work voice" etc.

Have to leave the office if I need to phone my Barber etc ?

I went to a school full of middle class whites, being the only black girl in my year for 7 years, I've grown up with them and I kno very well how to speak around them. I'm very aware of the cultural differences and how they perceive things.

I'm very adept at adapting my approach and finding common ground with people from a range of backgrounds.

But I will not bow down to anyone or brown nose anyone let alone those who are rude or unprofessional toward me to appease theyre so called cultural sensitivities which amount to nothing but racism because they have very low expectations of me

This is my experience, 7 years at school, dealin with passive aggressive racism an out an out discrimination from teachers to the last 10 years working in the office environment

You might see my communication on here or how I am outside work an get the wrong idea but its not that

This is a hard and fast rule of mine obviously some will disagree but in my experience I've found that a certain demographic must always feel victimised/like they're being attacked and either make things personal or go the other way and completely disengage when being challenged/confronted