Work & Life

Natalie

• 4 weeks later...

Cant shake off the festive break. Feel like I am done here. It's not the same since I have been back.

I had an interview today, I am feeling like I blew it man.:mad:

Plus I got there late, which I have never done before. I think that also through me off from the start. 

I dont know if three months in is too early to bounce,but seeing almost double the daily rate for similar position outside  is making me uneasy.

I am taking a GABOS approach this year eith regards to contracting.

Sn, new to this ting tbh got my first contract yesterday first time having an interview entirely over the phone but not sure if its contracting by definition or temping lol was initially told an hour rate then my recruiter told me its 150 a day. 

Gonna roll to this interview for a perm role this morning though as I don't think i'm ready for contracting, it's one thing to secure a role but to actually make a lifestyle out of it is another story wold take this perm role if i get it for the stability.

11 minutes ago, Realone2016 said:

Sn, new to this ting tbh got my first contract yesterday first time having an interview entirely over the phone but not sure if its contracting by definition or temping lol was initially told an hour rate then my recruiter told me its 150 a day. 

Gonna roll to this interview for a perm role this morning though as I don't think i'm ready for contracting, it's one thing to secure a role but to actually make a lifestyle out of it is another story wold take this perm role if i get it for the stability.

Tbf if it's only 150 a day I would take the perm role. 

Woah! Actually got offered the job. Got the call this morning!

Gonna be resigning this week.

With regards to contracting, I only started in september via my limited company after changing industry

My previous roles have always been FTC.  

Both perm and contracts have its pros & cons, I think it depends on the industry you are in. If jobs roles are not surplus, I will recommend perm.

Personally, I dont know if I will be going back to perm anytime soon though. Freedom , money and not getting involved with in house politics is very attractive at the mo.

• Like 8

On 13/12/2017 at 9:17 PM, O Fenomeno said:

This being your own boss ting is difficult.

I wanted it to be a LLC straight away but they were asking for silly money(100,000-200,000 CHF) so I decided to go in as a sole trader which I have been quoted by various outlets ranging from 2000-40000 CHF which sounds a tad realistic and within my pocket money range.

Going to visit Luxembourg next to see what the tax haven is saying and also if I can actually buy a stake in a club out there then stage a hostile takeover within two weeks of being on board.

I decided not to register myself as an agency.

Why? Be the distro(agent) when you can be the connect(Owner of a football club)?.

If I pull this off it will be easily the biggest achievement in my life so far.

On 24/01/2018 at 9:36 AM, Afroman said:

Woah! Actually got offered the job. Got the call this morning!

Gonna be resigning this week.

With regards to contracting, I only started in september via my limited company after changing industry

My previous roles have always been FTC.  

Both perm and contracts have its pros & cons, I think it depends on the industry you are in. If jobs roles are not surplus, I will recommend perm.

Personally, I dont know if I will be going back to perm anytime soon though. Freedom , money and not getting involved with in house politics is very attractive at the mo.

congrats

2 hours ago, Badman said:

I would give it a go

even if you dont necessarily want the job it will strengthen your bargaining position when trying to get your ideal job as it will give you leverage 

Starting a new contracting role on Monday though a bit long taking time off on the first week tbh especially when it means forfeiting pay.

• 4 weeks later...

4 weeks ago we started a process which i manage which involves people filling in spreadsheets. Deadline was Monday gone

Week before last i sent my regular weekly email and followed it up with " please be advised of the timeline" and included the time table

Last Friday loads of people still hadnt engaged so in my weekly email above the red writing (which ive been including for the last two years and flags things people need to aware of AND was praised by manager for doin so) i added in black bold 'we had wanted the spreadsheets to be completed by monday because...and here i included the exact text my manager used in her original guidance and timeline

Underneath i wrote "unfortunately the timeline will be impacted because several spreadsheets are no where near finished"

All directors are copied in

My manager just tried to reprimand me today over this. Apparently its too abrupt...

I also asked people to please ensure they fill in the basic information otherwise the rest of the spreadsheet content is "rendered useless"

That was also deemed rude and abrupt and "stingy"

Only one person responded in a rude way imo (manager is justifying this persons remarks) even though two other people agree this person was rude.

As a result of my email on Friday engagement increased by 60%

An im askin her several times to tell me how i should have worded it. No concrete response, diversion to bits rhat are irrelevant to the "abrupt" remark

Oh an the flagged points in red which she previously praised me for are apparently now too rude because its in red...

I am done

Don't even wanna come in again