Work & Life

Natalie

• 1 month later...

My company got taken over, and we was Tupe across.

Signed the new contract on Fri which states minimum hours at 35 per week (we was previously 40).

Wrote a polite email to my manager today saying what hours I will be doing going forward n was open to discussion if this was an issue, then bounced out the office.

As yet, there has been no email reply, but I know this is going to be hot topic by the time I get in tomorrow. In all honesty, push come to shove I am ready to leave for "pride"

Yh but how can she give u grief when those are the hours set. Ain up to her no mo

/

Word to the wise. You lot please start writin down ur tasks duties an achievements in STAR format from the off. From you start your jobs, from now on. I'm in a position now where people are impressed by my CV but my memory of what I've actually done in these varied roles is poor, like fading to the point I'm shockin myself. There's periods of time where I think I've just been on auto pilot at work

An its not good when I'm bein asked basic questions.

Gna sit down today an really try to delve into my memory an get some stuff on paper

Oh an make sure u at least involve yourself in one big/medium project even if your coasting

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Grafter said:

Yh but how can she give u grief when those are the hours set. Ain up to her no mo

/

Word to the wise. You lot please start writin down ur tasks duties an achievements in STAR format from the off. From you start your jobs, from now on. I'm in a position now where people are impressed by my CV but my memory of what I've actually done in these varied roles is poor, like fading to the point I'm shockin myself. There's periods of time where I think I've just been on auto pilot at work

An its not good when I'm bein asked basic questions.

Gna sit down today an really try to delve into my memory an get some stuff on paper

Oh an make sure u at least involve yourself in one big/medium project even if your coasting

What’s STAR? 

POS'd. S.T.A.R gets you JOBS. Especially when the people interviewing you don't have to ask follow up questions about how it made them feel etc. If you knock that out the park when he throws the question at you you're nice. HOWEVER.

Dunno about having that on a C.V. I stick to bullet points and have cue cards with ready made situations I've encountered that can answer most generic questions companies always fire at you.

• 3 weeks later...

Guyz

It's me again w/ my usual career sorrow

Have hit a wall in current company so in process of finding another job. Had an interview today at a startup and I flaked on areas I shouldn't have flaked. It's all good learning though. I want to get out of financial services - but where?! Have no idea what exists outside. I want to do product management but 70-80% of roles require tech background and with summer hols on now that 20% is hard to find. Spinning up motivation in these times is difficult for everyone, right? 

So want to move out of UK again but is the most suitable approach to apply before going, or can I just ditch and spend a month somewhere and scout something? What can I offer to the Europeans that their own citizens can't fulfil? Feel like my mates in the creative world have it easy (they don't - but man I want that passion for work to come back again). 

Advice / guidance in what will be an emotional ride for the next several months, welcome 

• Like 2