Work & Life

Natalie

On 9/14/2018 at 11:07 AM, Grafter said:

Sooo yesterday in a meeting a deputy director said: "blablabla, inshallah this will come to an end soon"

Shes a white lady in her 40s, don't think shes muslim, asked some people, they dont think she is

Another deputy director goes "what?"

Couple other deputy directors giggled, I think the person who said it did to

There were 0 muslims in the room as far as I'm aware

What u lot make of this?

??

/

Try making an awkward comment about race next time.

Guaranteed whole room will be like :

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Other places I've hated working at last place was sales for a car parts company where sexism n racism were regular 

I'm talking black people would get called the n word the Indians Pakis..... on the phones everyone spoke in a Indian accent o customers most of our customers were Indian still 

I remember this black guy started out on his first day he was HAPPY brought a fresh new positive attitude to the place well everyone hated it 

He was a flirt n all the girls turned on him making out he was a monster when he was just being a joker 

Few days later he turned to me an said ur not like these people and we was tight from then cussing everyone etc 

This girl who been there years thought he was a perv so she wanted him to get the sack which she did then a few days later I walked out 

Everyone was Pissed cus I worked my ass off but cud not stand the people there I didn't talk to anyone 

I'm so happy I found decent people to work with but don't want to jinx it u get mi 

And the job before that was in retail the manager loved me off if I wanted breakfast before we started work the whole team would get it bear in mind she was a right bitch who loved sacking people for nothing... people would go through tribunal come bk then she would sack again she was jelous anyone I got close too she would want them sacked 

I had her on lock bt I did have her fucked in front of Evertone when she was doing meetings I wud have to get involved to let her know I was the real boss n we would have fights in her office the supervisors wouldnt tell me what to do cus they would get told to leave me 

I was a boss there I had her up in the office by her neck one time cus she chucked my food out the fridge cus it wasn't halAl then that was the last straw

I felt bad for causing so much stress I jus left 

On 9/25/2018 at 5:29 PM, Seydou said:

??

/

Try making an awkward comment about race next time.

Guaranteed whole room will be like :

giphy.gif

Did this with my last manager. He was Dutch, white guy. He tried to talk about his partner who was some young mixed girl at the workplace as well....he tried to say something a bit slick (he's that kinda guy)...brought up black Pete when all of us was in the room. Watching him trying to defend it and explain it to the rest in the room was hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

I got shegged for a job because there were already too many men on the team. Only reason I know this is cos I know someone on the team who told me. They went for some woman with much less relevant experience than me... the manager was fuming but some woman higher-up made the call. Shit is crazy out here. The recruiter was baffed... said the feedback was flawless.

A few months ago i got a call from a recruiter about a developer job. 

Went on to speak to the internal recruitment person and he started askin if i was getting loads of calls so i said yh a few. He goes "you kno why that is don't you, its because your a woman"

I was extremely taken aback and disappointed. I did the test, can't comment on the quality of my code but it functioned as requested.

I told the external recruiter what he said an he was like ah nah that's not on, he shouldn't have said that blabla, im goin to have a word.

Never heard anything from either followin submission of my test.

Wasn't very nice to experience

1 hour ago, Grafter said:

A few months ago i got a call from a recruiter about a developer job. 

Went on to speak to the internal recruitment person and he started askin if i was getting loads of calls so i said yh a few. He goes "you kno why that is don't you, its because your a woman"

I was extremely taken aback and disappointed. I did the test, can't comment on the quality of my code but it functioned as requested.

I told the external recruiter what he said an he was like ah nah that's not on, he shouldn't have said that blabla, im goin to have a word.

Never heard anything from either followin submission of my test.

Wasn't very nice to experience

It's no fault of your own. My manager went on a bit of a craze trying to hire a full stack female developer, she's probably the weakest member of the team too. There's such a big push for diversity in IT especially. Google are ridiculously notorious for favoring and fast tracking women into senior and management roles over men.

24 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

It's no fault of your own. My manager went on a bit of a craze trying to hire a full stack female developer, she's probably the weakest member of the team too. There's such a big push for diversity in IT especially. Google are ridiculously notorious for favoring and fast tracking women into senior and management roles over men.

Fucking hell 

It's all mad especially the fast tracking into senior and management. Peter Principle on steroids.

1 hour ago, Heero Yuy said:

If i was her i would feel awful

U wanna be good not a box tick for someone else. I don't wanna be in a position that is too difficult for me to handle. And I wouldn't want to be somewhere people thought what that man said to me (regardless whether i was fully competent or not). Hopefully shes a quick learner

I agree you do need a mix and I also think organisations should be more open to recruiting a diverse team. That means recognising unconscious bias and mitigating the barriers to women and others joining. Whether that means lookin at how the industry/company is perceived, opening up training ,apprenticeships, targeting women

But you set the whole thing back if u hire someone not based on the capability to do the job. There's a whole range of ways to diversify the work force beyond settin people up to fail and be hated by their colleagues...it will serve to perpetuate a myth that women are just not good enough when really they haven't bothered to attract good women

you think because one recruiter said something shitty that the whole organisation is the same?

if you liked the company then you get past the recruiters and check the people you'll end up working with and then see if you like the company

that said, its not a good first impression to make, and its possible that it could have started your mind in a bad place and you could have felt uncomfortable from the get-go

8 hours ago, dub said:

you think because one recruiter said something shitty that the whole organisation is the same?

if you liked the company then you get past the recruiters and check the people you'll end up working with and then see if you like the company

that said, its not a good first impression to make, and its possible that it could have started your mind in a bad place and you could have felt uncomfortable from the get-go

Nah I didnt

But what it actually did was put my mind in a place which felt like i wasn't up to scratch from the get go. I asked the external recruiter mainly because i wanted to check if it was true not just to 'tell'.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Ice you weren’t lying bro this club business is hard work.

I got family members in Kin (short for Kinshasa the capital of DR Congo) to lay down some foundations before my arrival e.g. have an agreement with a club in place.

I sent them a dossier of how I want the club to operate (it blew people away they couldn't believe the creative brain behind it)

I acquired a club in DR Congo a few weeks ago it's League Two equivalent. (my aim was never to care about being a league or not just needed a club, so I can conduct business, but I was told the club cannot be inactive if they’re then my players automatically become owned by the FA)

The takeover process was full of drama due to the secretary stealing funds from his owner and going on the run (the owner who I acquired the club from) so that delayed the paperwork.

He finally gave himself up after 24 hours (Imagine I was going to keep him on and pay him a salary) but lucky for him my soldiers (I have two uncles who are a colonel and a major respectively, so it made sense them to appoint them as board members) arrived a split second late.

These the things I had to do

1. Get the right to participate

2. Get documents that my club exist

3. Appoint board members and committee members (it consists of Colonel, Major, Pastor, Head of Immigration not going to lie I was tempted to put Army Club as the nickname)

4. Get a license number (It's needed for transfers and it's a way for other clubs to recognize that my club exist)

5. Charm offence the league's president and secretary so they can speed the paperwork up (they approve it then FECOFA (Congo FA), CAF (African Federation), FIFA (World governing body). The club's first team coach I was thinking of sacking him so many times because he wasn't understanding the club's philosophy but that all changed when we visited The National Stadium HQ where everyone knew him, so I realized this guy is important, but I must keep trying to change his mindset which has finally happened.

6. Poached a League One Coach and gave him the role of Sporting Director (funny story how this came about. Where I was staying I was introduced to a footballer by my driver who told him I am on the verge of accruing a club. I sold him my vision he was tempted straightaway, but he said I had to buy his license from his current coach for $400 I laughed at that price.

So, the footballer set up a meeting between me and his coach to discuss a possible transfer.

Fast Forward the meeting I welcomed him spoke briefly then I got my USB put into my laptop he read the version of my club philosophy in French he got it straightaway and he fully understood the club's philosophy besides he knows his football then I asked him for the footballer's price he wouldn't budge so I thought let me kill two birds with one stone so I asked about his current job which he told me his role and he felt undervalued and not appreciated that’s when I offered the Sporting Director role which he accepted).

7. Set up an assembly for my committee members and league officials can meet so they can witness also verify my club exist (make sure they have enough food and drinks also transport to get to the assembly and return home safely)

8. Get licenses for my footballers(20 of them so far 17 in DR Congo and 3 here in England) so this is how it works you put them through a centre which checks on their medical condition and then you pay for the licenses without these the players cannot play so after that is done contracts are drawn up with the duration,incentivies (the footballers won't get a good salary only win and promotion bonuses but the biggest incentive is Europe also if they get promoted every club member will get an iPhone)

When I acquired the club I got ten footballers part of the deal.

The footballers based in Europe will go to European Clubs(So I should be getting that contracts sent to me by this week) but the ones based in Congo will go Tunisia first so it can get them ready for Europe so there is no culture shock but saying this Slovakia is Schengen .The best players@my club who are based in Congo will now have the option to go on loan to a Championship team(bigger expsoure,television crew@Stadium) due to my cousin and another uncle being friends with the owner of this said club.

9. Purchase training attire, away kits, balls, bibs, cones, hurdles, polo tops (for the long list of females I met out there they want to promote and support my club), camera, minibus, clothes, boots, trainers, laptops for staff members especially the coach and sporting director. also get the club a training spot in a local school which was built by the Chinese (hopefully this puts me in contact with the right people when it comes to building my academy and training ground).

10. Now I need to read through the price list (fines, subs)

11. Speaking of promotion on my net trip which is in a few weeks’ time I should be going on the radio and television promoting club business (my brother in law is the connect).

12. Everyone now calls me Prezzo (short for President)

What have I learned?

I am very lucky to be in Europe (hot water, reliable electricity)

You need transport (That's why I must get two mini bus for the staff, players, board members to get to training, matches, meetings) to do anything in Congo also a reliable driver (I had 5 and none of them were punctual)

98848949040020992339 footballers

I need to be patient with this project (I should leave the staff to their own devices but step in occasionally and focus on the European based footballers based)

I need more European based footballers (Footballers not athletes)

Ways of recruitment

Non-league football

School football

Open trials in Victoria Park

Hearsay

Final note not going to lie I wish I jumped on this August 5th, 2014

I want to produce several Mbappes (Easily the best footballer on this planet by a country mile nobody comes to close not even your favorites Messi, Cristiano e Neymar) for 2022 and beyond for the national team.

• Upvote 8