Work & Life

Natalie

if youre into computers then you can teach people basic computer skills

i did it for a bit back in '10, up here they do it at the libraries and theres some charity near me that helps people sign up to email services, job hunt, use council services etc, you basically just load up a program and they go through the instructions and you just help them, they can go through it them selves but its peak when they dont know what a mouse or keyboard is

its really easy and im pretty sure anyone on here could do it

• Upvote 3

Yeah planet if I find a job more accommodating time wise I defo am going back there. For anyone that doesn't mind travelling to dalston, me and cp used to volunteer at an after school program helping kids with their academic work and if you want to, you can help out with the football side in the hour after. Shameful at what some of these kids don't know and how low their self esteem is. I had kids telling me that I'm better than their teacher. Me and planet also got put on a fa level 1 coaching course for free. If anyone is interested in jumping on it pm me although I can't guarantee you will get to do the coaching course as the Tories slashed a whole bunch of funding for these courses.

If you don't build your dreams, someone will hire you to build theirs.

so basically everyone has to be self employed to build their own dreams.

Well no unless working for other people is sufficient in that it gives them their dreams. For me that will never be the case therefore starting my own business was a MOST. I'm going to leave a lot more than a house or two for my children. I want to build an empire that generations of my family will enjoy & keep on building.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well no unless working for other people is sufficient in that it gives them their dreams. For me that will never be the case therefore starting my own business was a MOST. I'm going to leave a lot more than a house or two for my children. I want to build an empire that generations of my family will enjoy & keep on building.

I have this outlook too. One of the reasons I hate employment. I dont even feel like being director/CEO level in a big company would be as fulfilling for me as building something myself, even if the pay was greater in the former.

I have this outlook too. One of the reasons I hate employment. I dont even feel like being director/CEO level in a big company would be as fulfilling for me as building something myself, even if the pay was greater in the former.

I hear you and that's what I'm saying. For millions of people that's the end goal, that's what their aiming for and I actually think that will forever remain a myth why? I've seen, read & heard of too many family members/close friends of these multi-national businesses walk in and take the top jobs while more deserving employees get bwoy'd off.

• Downvote 1

This is a quote from one of my favourite films Con Air coz its riddled with bare bars about life in general.

Garland Greene: What if I told you insane was working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years at the end of which they tell you to piss off; ending up in some retirement village hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time? Wouldn't you consider that to be insane?

• Downvote 1

It's true, at the top of all these businesses is some form of what I call incest. It's family members, people who are related through marriage, went to school, college or uni together. Or just people who have become good friends over the years. Why I always laugh when people say I just do my job and go home. If you don't make an emotional connection with these people you will forever just be doing a job and going home, whilst people get promoted ahead of you and you just waste away in mediocrity.

It's true, at the top of all these businesses is some form of what I call incest. It's family members, people who are related through marriage, went to school, college or uni together. Or just people who have become good friends over the years. Why I always laugh when people say I just do my job and go home. If you don't make an emotional connection with these people you will forever just be doing a job and going home, whilst people get promoted ahead of you and you just waste away in mediocrity.

yeah, the term is nepotism

• Upvote 3

I've just finished a stint at Royal Mail. My hours were officially 6am - 2pm but most days i was finished by 10/11am and still getting paid until 2.

Still had the whole day to do whatever

id love to do them kinda hours. the only thing that would peak is going out on work nights and having to wake up after like 2 hours sleep

Royal Mail monitor there employees hard

I remember my cousin got sacked for posting letters at the wrong addresses because he was too lazy to go up tower blocks

Them tings ain't no joke though

Imagine you're waiting for an important letter and you don't receive coz a man don't wanna walk up some stairs.

not overtly racist stuff but there are a lot of stereotypes/general preconceptions that a lot of grown people believe are true and it comes out in the weirdest situations

nothing racist to me, suprised tbh theyre some middle aged Man City supporters, and you should hear how they talk to the clients on the phone, chatting mostly to admins they actually sound like theyve rung a sex line

but anyways

they call Chinese chinks

nothing even stereotypical towards me

/

for the last 2 days i havent done a single thing at work

just turn up browse the web, piss, browse, sneeze, browse, piss, eat lunch, browse, piss, browse, drink coke, browse, piss, go home

• Downvote 1