Work & Life

Natalie

HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING...

when you guys go for an interview

you leave the interview and the hr calls you 40 mins later you leave and says come in for another 'interview' (the very next day) to meet the 'CFO'

you then get the confirmation saying it will be an informal chat to see how you would fit within the company...

what would you deduce from that...?

im trying to keep my heart rate steady for the time being..........

Big up MG.

!

And yourself.

/

Decide to defo hand in my notice mid feb.  Glad I didn't hand in my notice in September on impulse when I was feeling really low.  Bagged a massive amount of experience with Visual Basic which defo looks real good on my CV and in job applications, however the 2 month notice is meaning I've missed out on so many potential jobs so gonna take the jump and whilst I know I'll get another job I would like to get something lined up asap.

Only way that changes is if I get a job offer in another department I want and seeing as the people in that role seem very comfortable in it I'm not banking on it.  Mid April I finish up after two years there.

• Upvote 1

you leave the interview and the hr calls you 40 mins later you leave and says come in for another 'interview' (the very next day) to meet the 'CFO'

you then get the confirmation saying it will be an informal chat to see how you would fit within the company...

Ive had this a couple of times before and its always a mixed bag. Usually means your through to the next round of interviews and they probably filtered to the last couple then that particular individual will make the final choice

Its an informal chat as the last few candidates have passed the test in terms of whether they are capable of doing the job but of course they want a second opinion

/

In one interview I was down to the last 2 and they couldn't decide between the 2 of us apparently so they made a position so that they can hire the both of us 

Then my line manager must have told me a couple weeks later that I was the second choice and only got the job because someone from the team coincidentally moved to another department around that time, knocked my confidence big time C*NT!

Argh them times were a nightmare, 2008 in the peak of the recession, was the hardest job interview I had ever done in my career just for some crappy 1st line support working graveyard shifts just for £23k

Those were dark times I wont lie

• Upvote 2

Ive had this a couple of times before and its always a mixed bag. Usually means your through to the next round of interviews and they probably filtered to the last couple then that particular individual will make the final choice

Its an informal chat as the last few candidates have passed the test in terms of whether they are capable of doing the job but of course they want a second opinion

/

In one interview I was down to the last 2 and they couldn't decide between the 2 of us apparently so they made a position so that they can hire the both of us 

Then my line manager must have told me a couple weeks later that I was the second choice and only got the job because someone from the team coincidentally moved to another department around that time, knocked my confidence big time C*NT!

Argh them times were a nightmare, 2008 in the peak of the recession, was the hardest job interview I had ever done in my career just for some crappy 1st line support working graveyard shifts just for £23k

Those were dark times I wont lie

what would the 'informal' chats be about?

anything to look for/say?

also said 'to see how you would fit in the company'

All I can say is although it might not be challenging in terms of being questioned and it being technical

Do not at any point let your guard down and think just because its 'informal' and that your being pally with the big wigs that you have it wrapped which promotes complacency

Try and use every opportunity to sell yourself in some way even though you may not necessarily be asked any questions.

At the same time don't create any tension by revealing your competitiveness or making your game plan too transparent.

Lastly make an observation which isnt related to the job but will get the guy talking about himself in some way and sit there and pretend to be attentively listening like you are interested in what they have to say, chances are they will open up and will take a liking to you. Nothing better than to give someone an opportunity to stoke their own ego (If I knew this back when I was doing interviews I would have made a killing)