Work & Life

Natalie

Only enjoying my unpaid work experience atm. Guys there are so safe and are teaching me nuff stuff in a shorter space of time than I would probably have in a paid entry level role. Also able to do it two days a week now instead of just one. Should be easier getting an accounts position now. As for the paid work, I despise it more and more day by day. Tomorrow I have the joys of dealing with d*ckhead after d*ckhead asking about iPhone 5. FML

Guest chap44uns

Couldn't be happier in my current job ATM.

Glorious feeling getting up for work even on a Monday morning being happy.

thats hard

iam yet to meet someone who genuinely feels like this

been doing 6 days a week and all this kinda malarky...jobs an hour away getting no sleep. Gonna be moving sites in 2 weeks.

Only good thing about the site i was on is that it was pretty easy and kinda cheapish to get to but just long.

hope wherever i go next i can get there just as cheap but quicker so i can get in more sleep.

Only enjoying my unpaid work experience atm. Guys there are so safe and are teaching me nuff stuff in a shorter space of time than I would probably have in a paid entry level role. Also able to do it two days a week now instead of just one. Should be easier getting an accounts position now. As for the paid work, I despise it more and more day by day. Tomorrow I have the joys of dealing with d*ckhead after d*ckhead asking about iPhone 5. FML

Did you do that AAT?

I had that, the honeymoon period is starting to wear off though. Is there any way to get that back or is it downhill from here?

Same damn thing.

I really wanted to work for this company, applied all the time and when I finally got in, I was gassed.

Now.... I'm just like ^) all the time. I can't stand my manager, which doesn't help!!!

Some concepts that were impossible for me to grasp I picked up easily in a practical environment.

Make sure you don't stop there, get chartered

Yeah, defo want to become chartered, but need to be sponsored because this sh*t is burning a hole in my pocket differently at least I will get some exemptions from the chartered exams.

Some concepts that were impossible for me to grasp I picked up easily in a practical environment.

Yeah, defo want to become chartered, but need to be sponsored because this sh*t is burning a hole in my pocket differently at least I will get some exemptions from the chartered exams.

Make sure you do aca and not acca. Although they try make out they're practically the same thing, most of the top firms look down on acca.

Make sure you do aca and not acca. Although they try make out they're practically the same thing, most of the top firms look down on acca.

How comes?

How comes?

My friend went into detail telling me about it one time. The crux of it was the big 4 accounting firms (and i think most of the top ones in general) all make their graduates do ACA and whether they stay on or not they are the ones who end up leading the industry and with the best jobs. There's some stat that something stupid like 95% of finance directors in ftse100 are aca qualified. And nearly none are ACCA.

I think ACCA is open to anyone as well. As long as you pass the exams and pay for them you can do it. But with ACA you need a certain amount of demonstrable experience in the different areas of accounting and again only the big firms can afford to have people moving round on rotations and getting a breadth of experience. The smaller ones will just drop you in a department and expect you to stay there forever generally.

This is all stuff I've heard second hand through a friend though and he's slightly gassed off himself so maybe it was exaggerated.

• Upvote 1

If you outgrow your role you should be making a case for promotion rather than switching jobs. I see what guys are saying though. I love a change of scenery/routine every once in a while. I'd hate a job where you go to the same office and sit at the same desk with the same people forever.

I f*cked up

basically at work today, I was on the phone to my friend called Bossman, just came out and I was telling him to come check me, said il text him my address later.

get home, text him my address, I get a reply saying is 'this for me?' im thinking huh yh we discussed this earlier so I text back 'yh Boss its my addy'

text back saying 'what am I moving in?'

I reply, 'let me talk to u when I see u' because I wanted to offer him my flat to stay in for a few weeks while im at my mums...

boom, txt comes back now, 'ok see u soon trouble xx'

:/

trouble, my manager/boss calls me trouble, plus bossman aint putting no xxx after his texts man just came out of a 4 year stretch

^)

double check myself, Iv been txting my actual work boss instead of bossman.

:confused:

FECK

tried to explain to this 50 year old skin head from Devon the mistake man txts back

'ooo I thought I was the luckiest man, see you trouble'

naaaaaar naaaaaar :| what have I gone and done, how am I guna go into work next week???? my life is so reckless :rip:

• Upvote 1