Work & Life

Natalie

3 hours ago, J. Edgar said:

Currently looking to move jobs but the 13 week notice that I need to give is a major set back.

At that level, new employers should expect you to have that notice period. If your going for a similar permanent  level role the new company likely has the same policy 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2017 at 4:35 PM, Grafter said:

its a bit different because the current employer would not hesitate to drop you if that was best for them because the bottom line matters. At worst you leaving is an inconvenience.

however in a relationship, that can't be guaranteed

Hard to cheat on your job too 

58 minutes ago, Greens said:

What type of job/company?

I sailed through interviews at my current job no problem. I'd say just make sure you've had a trim so it's tidy and looking groomed. 

Basically within IT, so I'm not client facing.

Yeah might just do that.

This pre-employment screening with the bank is stress. Messed up one of the dates so they've asked for bank statements in lieu, and I'm literally having to explain cash deposits and transfers in as far back as 2014, based off printed off statements from a closed account that aren't printed well enough. Fuck kind of life is this?

• 3 weeks later...

Decent.

Only asking cos im doing something similar by the sounds of it. Hopefully have my Prince2 foundation by the end of the year on the side and finish my degree by May.

Hoping to stay within construction although thinking maybe more development. Really need to start thinking about my options seriously.

11 hours ago, Anderson said:

Decent.

Only asking cos im doing something similar by the sounds of it. Hopefully have my Prince2 foundation by the end of the year on the side and finish my degree by May.

Hoping to stay within construction although thinking maybe more development. Really need to start thinking about my options seriously.

8 hours ago, Greens said:

Yeah so I just did the APMP practitioner which has a lot of overlap with PRINCE2. Construction will always have demanded for good planners/project managers though. 

can someone with a degree in architecture transition to these kinda pathways quite comfortably?

got a friend whose struggling with a lack of opportunities/work experience

5 hours ago, Kuffir said:

can someone with a degree in architecture transition to these kinda pathways quite comfortably?

got a friend whose struggling with a lack of opportunities/work experience

There's definitely areas of overlap, I'm sure architecture firms will have a team of PM's and planners unless they outsource, I'm not too familiar with that side of it. The qualifications are fairly pricey though, so would be best to find some kind of grad/apprenticeship scheme that will pay for them.