Natalie

Work & Life

Decent.

Only asking cos im doing something similar by the sounds of it. Hopefully have my Prince2 foundation by the end of the year on the side and finish my degree by May.

Hoping to stay within construction although thinking maybe more development. Really need to start thinking about my options seriously.

Yeah so I just did the APMP practitioner which has a lot of overlap with PRINCE2. Construction will always have demanded for good planners/project managers though. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anderson said:

Decent.

Only asking cos im doing something similar by the sounds of it. Hopefully have my Prince2 foundation by the end of the year on the side and finish my degree by May.

Hoping to stay within construction although thinking maybe more development. Really need to start thinking about my options seriously.

8 hours ago, Greens said:

Yeah so I just did the APMP practitioner which has a lot of overlap with PRINCE2. Construction will always have demanded for good planners/project managers though. 

can someone with a degree in architecture transition to these kinda pathways quite comfortably?

got a friend whose struggling with a lack of opportunities/work experience

5 hours ago, Kuffir said:

can someone with a degree in architecture transition to these kinda pathways quite comfortably?

got a friend whose struggling with a lack of opportunities/work experience

There's definitely areas of overlap, I'm sure architecture firms will have a team of PM's and planners unless they outsource, I'm not too familiar with that side of it. The qualifications are fairly pricey though, so would be best to find some kind of grad/apprenticeship scheme that will pay for them. 

Thanks bro just copy pasted the whole thing to her, congrats again though man

Bare man on VIP2 mashing yeah, the what did you do this year/goals for next year thread should be LIT.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2017 at 2:06 PM, Kuffir said:

Thanks bro just copy pasted the whole thing to her, congrats again though man

Bare man on VIP2 mashing yeah, the what did you do this year/goals for next year thread should be LIT.

👌🏾👌🏾

A director dissed the CEO for not using the mic in the all staff briefing. So basically called her dumb in front of a few hundred people

Another senior manager been given a bonus for non delivery. She has not delivered what she was employed to do. Because she never planned it. It is a business critical situation, shes hired £1000s worth of contractors some of whom have actually set us back

Yet she gets praised by the CEO

Funny funny world. As long as ur confident with ur mediocrity skys the limit

On 8/8/2017 at 2:34 PM, Drift said:

What's the rule with beards at job interviews these days?

I've got one of the greatest beards on the planet, haven't been clean shaven in over a year, don't wanna lose that shit so close to bank holiday as well.

did you chop in the end 

i chopped mine down for my most recent job 

was heartbreaking 

it is what it is 

shit has grown back tho 

them guys cant say nothing now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOHN DOE said:

did you chop in the end 

i chopped mine down for my most recent job 

was heartbreaking 

it is what it is 

shit has grown back tho 

them guys cant say nothing now 

Took it down smor smor . Got through first stage so we'll see. Think it might be calm if you ain't client facing. 

Meeting with the directors about  a proposed new site I have sourced. 

£50 k finders fee and new career ops. 

👌🏾

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Grafter said:

Any one goes to their colleagues houses?

@Supermalt did it get that close?

Only one donny that's now my boy.

Did I mention this before? I'm confused 

11 hours ago, Supermalt said:

Only one donny that's now my boy.

Did I mention this before? I'm confused 

U said suttin bout not gettin to close to your work colleagues because something happened amongst u

Handed in my resignation today.

Bit of a bitter sweet feeling really. I enjoyed my Job and colleagues were/are great. Its just time to move on.  I am gonna miss the luxury of driving to work, and  having a company car all expensed paid for. 

But fuck it,  I am really relishing  the challenge of my new Job and career change. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Afroman said:

Bit of a bitter sweet feeling really. I enjoyed my Job and colleagues were/are great. Its just time to move on.  I am gonna miss the luxury of driving to work, and  having a company car all expensed paid for. 

But fuck it,  I am really relishing  the challenge of my new Job and career change. 

Congrats. How long u been there

5 hours ago, Supermalt said:

Congrats. How long u been there

3 years. 1 year too long imo. But then again, But then again I spent the last 7 months engineering a career change.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Afroman said:

My G 

As long as your happy with the new job and change of career them luxuries are irrelevant.

On 16/09/2017 at 8:42 AM, MGEEZ said:

Meeting with the directors about  a proposed new site I have sourced. 

£50 k finders fee and new career ops. 

👌🏾

Yes bro!

Apparently it might be 100k.meeting went well also 

Cheers bro 

/ gd luck afro

• Like 3

Like a lot of people I don't think his Uni course got him to where he is now I could be wrong though