Work & Life

Natalie

Just spoke to my boss he said he is conducting 2 interviews next week for someone to replace me while I am training. He said I will be sitting in the interview. He told me the guideline on what to look for in the candidate. But if one guy is black should I choose him over the other guy or will that look bias? I just hope they are both white or one white and one asian, then I will choose the asian guy. I was really hoping it would be a women but man said its two guys the agency have put forward. SMH.

Just spoke to my boss he said he is conducting 2 interviews next week for someone to replace me while I am training. He said I will be sitting in the interview. He told me the guideline on what to look for in the candidate. But if one guy is black should I choose him over the other guy or will that look bias? I just hope they are both white or one white and one asian, then I will choose the asian guy. I was really hoping it would be a women but man said its two guys the agency have put forward. SMH.

(an) issue behind why black people rarely get bring-ins

tbh if your decision doesn't affect your job you shouldn't care whether it looks bias, jus go for the person you'd prefer

Never seen anything you've posted about your work Titan, but what are your colleagues like?

4th time now I've interacted with a robot. It was awful. (I know there are sound people around).

When I purchased my macbook I wanted to shoot the woman serving me.

Do they give intense customer service training?

Not even but the long and short of it is they have things like ppp (permission, position and probe) where you need to ask permission to ask about their problem lool, suggesta good solution and find out umore about the problem. Some people follow it to a t and sound like machines. I however talk to customers how I would like to be served. So if you tell me you have a problem with your Mac or phone, I am not asking permission to look at either.

You have sought help from me, why am I kissing your arse for?! Some mug business. Since its an American company they are all happy go lucky clap clap pricks and that's the mentality drilled into staff from training. Since I don't adhere to these work morals and values I will never get promoted, but I also am unlikely to be let go unless its something serious because of how good I am at my job,my confidence and rapport with customers and because I don't get stressed. The way I have to shut down certain customers because they are used to apple staff bending over backwards and kissing their feet. They quickly become humble.

If you are a person of integrity, in my opinion you will hate it. The way they pretty much shaft the consumer but put a smiley face on it.

In fact, search for a new York Times article on Apple and staff pay. It perfectly paints what it's like to work for Apple. If I find it ill post it here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/business/apple-store-workers-loyal-but-short-on-pay.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

That's the article. Perfectly encapsulates life working for them. This article is the reason we all got a raise, although they claimed it was because they "had such an exceptional year and really wanted to show their thanks"

SMH

Imagine being at a company since 1998. You go on holiday and come back to be told you don't have a job.

Utter pisstake. He goes to "that's how IT works. business is business"

regardless, that's out of order.

my situation is different but in my head im like "hmmm i see how you lot are moving"

he's one of the happy go lucky type of guys so he wont show it but i know this is burning him inside.

Imagine being at a company since 1998. You go on holiday and come back to be told you don't have a job.

Utter pisstake. He goes to "that's how IT works. business is business"

regardless, that's out of order.

my situation is different but in my head im like "hmmm i see how you lot are moving"

he's one of the happy go lucky type of guys so he wont show it but i know this is burning him inside.

fack

He sounds like a cool guy, wasn't he good at his job or something?

/

Editing this video is killing me softly, there's so much animation - when I'm clicking render why am I seeing numbers like 9 hours?

yeah he was. Can't remember the exact wording of the email but they've been looking to make changes to the IT department "for months".

can't even give the guy a little notice. not even a day