Work & Life

Natalie

Yeah I did. It seemed really like they didn't have enough work to happily employ someone at that wage.

Thing is I said in the first interview I wanted X (because they asked). After that they arranged the second interview and said the offer will be between 0.7X and 0.85X (I though yeah okay, 0.85X is something I can negotiate up from), then at the end of the third interview they offered 0.66X. I let them know that wouldn't be enough, they negotiated to move from benefits (training budget) to salary but that wasn't much. I told them I'd get back to them and wrote an email a few days later as to why I'm the dogs bollocks and they seemed impressed but all they could budge was putting the yearly bonus into the salary instead of it being based on company performance at the end of the year - but even that was too little.

I'm in the middle of negotiations for work that will be paying twice as much as their offer as well (6 month freelance contract) so there was no way I was gonna be like "okay I'll just see how it goes".

Would have been a nice company to have had influence in but I'm not really gonna cut myself short at this point.

• Upvote 1

cool, so got the right job offer - same amount I was being paid in London but with the positives of living in a city with lower living costs + being in a better learning environment + being in a startup which is undoubtably gonna go far

just waiting on one other offer from a more established company, which may be the coolest company to say I work for (in the tech area at least) - but still not 100% on which one I'd take

Sister in law has kindly offered to refer me to her company. Hopefully this provides the backbone to my application!

I just want to start working again. Last two free months have been nice, but dragging a bit. Need to start rebuilding my savings.

• 4 weeks later...

Life right now >___

Feel like I'm winning, last 18 months have been a lot of work but I feel like I've found a place where I'll settle for 5+ years, plus my pay's gone up 15k+ in those 18 months.

Great company which want you to grow as an individual, this was vital.

Find myself taking a step back and appreciating my position.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Theres a woman at work in a senior position who to my eyes is not mentally well. To me it is painfully obvious and everyone indulges her

somedays shes a proper bully

I really dont know what to do about it. On one hand im jus thanking my lucky stars i don't have to work with her directly but it could be a matter of time

when shes in bully mode u can hear her berating someone in an open office. Everyone is feeling uncomfortable

i can't mention to my manager cos shes a lesser version. Ive seen her bully ive seen her lose control(imo) of herself

There's no one suitable to tell

i might go to hr but there's such an enabling culture for fuckry here