Work & Life

Natalie

Could never be bullied at work, never have and never will

First work place a few senior managers tried it because I was very upfront and outspoken about poor processes, the bum licking to get promotions and the blatant discrimination. Luckily I am fortunate enough to be intelligent, articulate and forward so I always knew what to say, how to say it and not allow them to ever have anything on me. Couple managers respected me for it but 90% of them wouldn't even look acknowledge my existence. 

Last company I left I resigned with a 6 page letter which I sent to the Chief Ex and cc'd in a mixture of hr, directors, board members, my old and present managers and a few other important people. 

Had so many emails and voice mails for the month after I left because they were scared I was going to whistleblow, wanted me to come in and take part in an ''investigation'' to fix the stuff I had mentioned and collect statements and evidence of discrimination, corruption and the other things I mentioned

Still haven't responded to anything, real f*ckbwoy company

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

First work place a few senior managers tried it because I was very upfront and outspoken about poor processes, the bum licking to get promotions and the blatant discrimination. Luckily I am fortunate enough to be intelligent, articulate and forward so I always knew what to say, how to say it and not allow them to ever have anything on me. Couple managers respected me for it but 90% of them wouldn't even look acknowledge my existence.

Last company I left I resigned with a 6 page letter which I sent to the Chief Ex and cc'd in a mixture of hr, directors, board members, my old and present managers and a few other important people.

Had so many emails and voice mails for the month after I left because they were scared I was going to whistleblow, wanted me to come in and take part in an ''investigation'' to fix the stuff I had mentioned and collect statements and evidence of discrimination, corruption and the other things I mentioned

Good you wrote the letter. Something i would do

Dont get me wrong both this woman an my manager tried it once each an i shut it down. I'm also very frank but in the right way.

People always praisin me often quietly after a meeting for asking what in my opinion is an obvious question. Im never even trying to be controversial.

I just really hate being present when other people are taking shit and doing nothing about it. You shouldn't have to deal with that at work

There is a lot of brown nosing here too. I won't get a pay rise within my role unless i do so i just coast at about 30-40% effort getting shit done

bare people moving jobs

its defo transfer season out here

and im here sweating like odemwingie

):):)£:£:&:&:)£!£jdjdjdjjdb

/

How do you deal with Interviewing for a new job when already working ?? Especially if it's more than just a 1 of interview

Tell your employers or just move discreet?

I read online that your contract can be terminated if they know your looking for a new job(bullshit)?

Carefully consider whether you should inform your current employer about your job search.

Many employers react negatively to this type of information and even terminate the employee prematurely. This is because most bosses will see you as disloyal, a security risk and someone who is no longer interested in your job.

bare people moving jobs

its defo transfer season out here

and im here sweating like odemwingie

):):)£:£:&:&:)£!£jdjdjdjjdb

/

How do you deal with Interviewing for a new job when already working ?? Especially if it's more than just a 1 of interview

Tell your employers or just move discreet?

I read online that your contract can be terminated if they know your looking for a new job(bullshit)?

Carefully consider whether you should inform your current employer about your job search.

Many employers react negatively to this type of information and even terminate the employee prematurely. This is because most bosses will see you as disloyal, a security risk and someone who is no longer interested in your job.

Annual leave/flexi time or drs appointments

My colleague was OVER bait when he left but he obviously wanted people to kno

Sending stupid emails starting with "this might sound really silly but..."

Doesnt av to be like that

Had a job interview yesterday.

" So , How much do you want , realistically  ? "

looooooool they saw i was being greedy af

//

Few months in and getting queried for another role with that pay bump and plush office.

Ffs, I'm just getting started and got stuff to learn.

If I go my cv is looking like a job hopping c*nt, want to put in at least a year..

What do you lot think

If you've only been there like 2 months or less i would not even put it on the CV

Unless your you can wangle you way out of it when they ask you @ the interview 

By getting queried do u mean like head hunted?

anyway if the next team is willing to take you. Take the pay bump then see if u can stay there for a yr or so

All the stuff you need to learn couldn't you learn it in the higher paid job or at home?

Haven't been headhunted before so I think so lol, id rather learn in-house with projects etc so i have examples where ever I go. Your right about learning in my own time though. I'll grill him when we talk.

/

been here almost 5 months.

Longest I've stayed anywhere is a year and a half. I might be being silly about the length of service thing..

aaliyah had nothing on you boy

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

How are people's fire drills at work?

Every time I'm shocked that people sit around and wait when they hear the alarm. You only do that when u kno there's a test an its the same day an time every week

When people did get up there were idiots going bk to their desks or in the opposite direction of the fire exit.

Length of time it took to get out the building was abismal we all would have died

An now we have someone trainin to be a fire warden who works from home 3 days a week.

People think it's cool to be non chalant about fire risks

I expressed my feelings to people here an u can tell they jus think im anal

We have drills at random times throughout the year but everyone would be burnt to a crisp judging by our performances

Grabbing their jackets or going to the exits via the coffee machine

The fire marshalls take it super seriously....screaming their heads off, but noone really cares...including me

I sit near a window, in a corner, on the opposite side to the fire exit, so I think I know my escape route if there ever was a real fire

No i disagree. There are 8 floors in my building. If a fire starts on one floor an the alarm goes off everywhere no one will know if its real so therefore you wont have instant panic on all floors.

If people learn to get out swiftly and in an organised way then this is what will happen in the event of a real fire.

Dont get me wrong i take my phone as it's always with me an ill take my bag if i have it but im always the first person to stand up

Jus fucks me off. I didn't volunteer to be a fire warden cos im not takin responsibility for peoples safety who don't care if they (or anyone else for that matter) lives or dies

Please people. Take it serious. Its not cool to not care