Work & Life

Natalie

I have plenty of ambition but I'm also aware that with a 100k salary comes with a 100k responsibility. There are defo gonna be longer days and harder workloads that will fuck with your personal life sooner or later. There has to be a balance imo.

He won't struggle with 69k at all unless he is living above his means. Salary means fuck all if you can't enjoy your life bro. I want to enjoy my life before I kick the bucket, not work constantly for the vast majority of it only to be too tired to enjoy the salary.

I have plenty of ambition but I'm also aware that with a 100k salary comes with a 100k responsibility. There are defo gonna be longer days and harder workloads that will fuck with your personal life sooner or later. There has to be a balance imo.

He won't struggle with 69k at all unless he is living above his means. Salary means fuck all if you can't enjoy your life bro. I want to enjoy my life before I kick the bucket, not work constantly for the vast majority of it only to be too tired to enjoy the salary.

100%

• Downvote 1

you wanted to fuckin' walk around these roaches. These niggas is roaches. These niggas is mere motherfuckin' mortals. I'm tryna push you to supreme bein'. You don't wanna motherfuckin'... You don't wanna embrace your destiny, you wanna get by
You don't wanna go into the motherfuckin' dark where it's lonely. You can't handle the motherfuckin', the pain of the motherfuckin' not knowin' when the shit is gonna stop

• Upvote 1

And was much as i respect them both they aren't applications to real life. I can speak to my director who himself tells me that you need to enjoy life, it's not all about money, i have a nice house and car but i'm stuck here to 9pm most days, still working weekends and i have virtually any free time. Those are real people who's advice is alot more much meaningful to me than what rick ross and p diddy say.

I'm a realist and them man ain't the people i'm listening too.

Any more insightful thoughts and quotes from some of the finest intellectual minds out there?

pmsl p diddy uno 

/

im nowhere near earning the p guys r talking about in this thread

but i like to think when that day comes it will be at the expense of all the other shit in my life, at least for a temporary period

money over everyting 

And was much as i respect them both they aren't applications to real life. I can speak to my director who himself tells me that you need to enjoy life, it's not all about money, i have a nice house and car but i'm stuck here to 9pm most days, still working weekends and i have virtually any free time. Those are real people who's advice is alot more much meaningful to me than what rick ross and p diddy say.

fek

cant argue with that

Cs this, the main difference is they own what their working for.

Was getting £100k+ Contracting in IT, working from home and barely doing any work on a daily basis

My boys contract as project managers and are in a similar setup and get substantially more than what I did  

I cannot co sign the sentiment that aiming for such figures means working silly hours and killing your health

Struggle you know

I just cannot believe it

Was getting £100k+ Contracting in IT, working from home and barely doing any work on a daily basis

My boys contract as project managers and are in a similar setup and get substantially more than what I did

I cannot co sign the sentiment that aiming for such figures means working silly hours and killing your health

Struggle you know

I just cannot believe it

Contracting is different to working a permanent job. Contracting gives you the opportunity and risk of working when you want. Also there aren't that many accounting professionals that spend th majority of time working from home.

My MD forces us to all leave early at least once a week, whether it's to a hobbie, pick the kids up from school once.

Push work /life balance a lot.

Advocate working from home too.

I used to work full time whilst balancing uni.

Don't talk about ambition, drive and dedication

But like Titan said it's not all about the money

Health >>> Money/overloaded stress etc

Shit is real

No thanks

Yeah there needs to be a balance. Getting to a certain wage only to keel over is not the one.

I'm sure everybody wants to work hard and achieve but people will take the piss with you if you let them know you value overworking to having a work/life balance.

I've had to learn those hard lessons.

Struggle you know

I just cannot believe it

Contracting is different to working a permanent job. Contracting gives you the opportunity and risk of working when you want. Also there aren't that many accounting professionals that spend th majority of time working from home.

Risk is overrated 

Theres risk in anything you do. Im hearing people in highly qualified permanent jobs being forced to take unpaid leave due to cut backs let alone the people that are forced to take voluntary redundancies 

An opportunity to work when you want?! the way you write it like to say thats some kind of negative ffs

A job should be a means to an end imo, especially a permanent one. 

Aint nobody got time slaving and getting ill for some twit.

If you are about this life then be shrewd about what you do, step your game up and make the most of this opportunity we have.

• Upvote 1

Don't know how you managed to take working when you want as a negative considering I have been advocating being to enjoy life without sacrificing your personal happiness just for a big cheque.

I'm aiming to become a contractor in the future for that exact reason. Want to decide when I do and don't work.

I will probably jack it in. 2 parents dead from heart conditions. Life is too short.

I am just mindful of what income level I need to be to move house to where I would want to raise kids. What if my wofe wants time off work. Can I field that costs of a family alone? All things I try to plan for and consider.

Money isn't everything though so seriously now considering fucking off. It's been a 3rd all nighter completed in 6 days. Spirit getting crushed.

• Upvote 2

Yh Brem.

Take some stock of the situation

The source of anxiety and depression can often be a lot to do with worrying about the future and trying to be prepared for all eventualities. And all the bits that are out of your control drive u mad. And you work like a maniac trying to control the things you believe you can

I understand this

Easier to say than do but you have to let go of the worry to an extent. Let go of the what ifs cos what if a bunch of shit

If you dont have children yet now is the time to focus on gettin yourself right holistically

Health & Happiness > Work

Brem you're a cool guy from Xbox days but you need to think long term health wise, with your family having heart problems, you are not helping yourself.  You are clearly not enjoying what you're doing.  You haven't even had time to mourn the death of your mother 'cause of work.  You are clearly good at your job so you will probably have no problem getting good money.   Sleepless nights = Stress = Bad Eating habbits = Putting on weight/losing hair which can even lead to depression. 

I'm not sure what type of place you're looking to move in but surely 60k+ is enough to achieve where you need to go.

I've known people that made work #1 priority but then suddenly passed away.   All that stress and money and for what?  Life is very short.  

Money is important to provide for your family but so is you being there.  Whatever decision you choose, i'm sure it'll be for the best.  Just don't let work get the best of you.  You need a healthy balance. 

• Upvote 1