Study claims Seriouss happiest woman in Britain

Fighting Weight

Oral sex is good for women's health and makes you feel happier, according to a study which studied the effects of semen's 'mood-altering chemicals'.

The State University of New York study - which scientists carried out via survey rather than through practical experiment - compared the sex lives of 293 females to their mental health.

It follows research which shows that seminal fluid contains chemicals that elevate mood, increase affection, induce sleep and also contain at least three anti-depressants.

The researchers also claim that women who have regular unprotected sex are less depressed and perform better on cognitive tests.

Semen contains another of chemicals along with spermatozoa, including cortisol, which is known to increase affection, estrone, which elevates mood and oxytocin, which also elevates mood.

It also contains thyrotropin-releasing hormone (another antidepressant), melatonin (a sleep-inducing agent), and even serotonin (perhaps the best-known antidepressant neurotransmitter).

Given these ingredients - and this is just a small sample of the mind-altering 'drugs' found in human semen - Researchers Gallup and Burch, along with the psychologist Steven Platek, hypothesised that women having unprotected sex should be less depressed than suitable control participants.

article-0-0019E3C400000258-650_306x423.jpg

To investigate whether semen has antidepressant effects, the authors rounded up 293 college females from the university's Albany campus, who agreed to fill out an anonymous questionnaire about various aspects of their sex lives

Recent sexual activity without condoms was used as an indirect measure of seminal plasma circulating in the woman’s body.

Each participant also completed the Beck Depression Inventory, a commonly used clinical measure of depressive symptoms.

The most significant findings from this study, published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, were that, even after adjusting for frequency of sexual intercourse, women who engaged in sex and 'never' used condoms showed significantly fewer depressive symptoms than did those who 'usually' or 'always' used condoms.

Importantly, these chronically condom-less, sexually active women also evidenced fewer depressive symptoms than did those who abstained from sex altogether.

By contrast, sexually active heterosexual women, including self-described 'promiscuous' women, who used condoms were just as depressed as those practicing total abstinence.

The research suggests it is not just that women who are having sex are simply happier, but that happiness levels might be related to the quantity of semen within their body.

http://www.dailymail...depression.html

Daily Mail, putting in the work for men all over the globe.

• Upvote 4

This seems like nonsense to be honest and more likely to be the other way round, in the sense that having the kind of partnership (that encourages trust and freedom etc) or social relationships where a woman is more likely to engage in unprotected sex, is what makes them happier. The things described in the article are just a contributing factor, after the fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

This seems like nonsense to be honest and more likely to be the other way round, in the sense that having the kind of partnership (that encourages trust and freedom etc) or social relationships where a woman is more likely to engage in unprotected sex, is what makes them happier. The things described in the article are just a contributing factor, after the fact.

I agree in part but wouldn't discount the scientific study completely.

The study is about hormones and the contributing factor semen can have on the female body.

The reporter does assume that a man is gonna ejaculate in a females mouth, the problem I have with that is surely the rate of absorption of chemicals from semen is greater when the man ejaculates in the vagina.

It looks like a credible study which was twisted by the reporter and his stupid 1st line.

Just embrace it love.

It will do you wonders.

Its a simple argument of cause and effect

Would be cool if they did a controlled study: got a bunch of women in similar relationships with similar test results then had different groups have sex with/without condoms (or simply no sex) and see how the test results changed.

I find some truth in it as I was studying sex magic and Azzaziel Bey made a point about women sucking d*ck when stressed cuz the hormones in the semen calm women down...

He would say that. I tried it tho and I reckon its more to do with the power service ur man give u after sucking d*ck extra good.

I find some truth in it as I was studying sex magic and Azzaziel Bey made a point about women sucking d*ck when stressed cuz the hormones in the semen calm women down...

He would say that. I tried it tho and I reckon its more to do with the power service ur man give u after sucking d*ck extra good.

Rah, kurious out here putting ties on man.