Moving Out

Bruno Di Gradi

Ok so i got a stable job and feel like ive outgrown home.... wanna try move out by at least beginning 1/3 of 2013.

Wanna try get a 1 bedroom flat at least between 700-800pcm ...with bills incl if poss. Dont wanna flat share, i might as well stay at home if thats the case. Dont want no kitchen next to my bed sh*t. Want a full working oven not one 2 hob on kitchen surface bollocks.

Whats the best places to look. What are the kind of things to look out for in terms of scams (especially on sites like gumtree), in contracts etc.

Also what are the benefits of waiting longer and putting money down on a mortgage and is it a better option.

all answers from people with their own place would be good.

You won't get anything decent for less than 1k a month. Your best option is sharing with a bredrin if they wanna move out. If you can't do that, you hold just stay home and stack up some money.

agree for that type of money you wont get what you're looking for unless you move out of London but then if you have to travel into london for work, thats gna rack up to 2 bills a month or more, which will just equal the difference in rent you pay

anything on gumtree that looks to good to be true usually is. if you message them an they send you a email back with a .txt attachment with some crap about them not being in the country then thats a scam

if your willing to settle for a studio with seperate bath and kitchen then ok ones do exist around the 800 mark, you've got to search hard and be patient. I see a studio in brixton not too long ago, 650pcm, separate kitchen and small shower with toilet and sink, all bills included, that went super quick, like if you see something like that put a holding deposit down asap or it will go

whatever you do don't deal with flatland, they have a number of websites but they are just scam artists. All the properties on their website look good but none of them are actually available, they want you to pay money for them to give you numbers of landlords who may or may not have vacancies. I waited in their offices in central for about an hour and half before some disgruntled customer came in and told everyone in the waiting room.

and dont let the estate agents bump with the admin charges, search them on google to see how much admin fee they take

i don't know about the mortgage side of things, i never had the luxury to wait

• Upvote 3

You won't get anything decent for less than 1k a month. Your best option is sharing with a bredrin if they wanna move out. If you can't do that, you hold just stay home and stack up some money.

should be looking for somewhere livable at this stage

eg

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-23965647.html

was looking about earlier

eg

http://www.rightmove...y-23965647.html

imo thats not worth it

As m12 said find a bedrin who is serious about to and get a 2 bed.... works out a lot cheaper...and you will get a much bigger place in a nicer area

the one supermalt posted is in a shit ends with nothing around it

and for 1.4 you can get something nice and you will only be paying 7bills

eg

http://www.rightmove...y-23965647.html

imo thats not worth it

As m12 said find a bedrin who is serious about to and get a 2 bed.... works out a lot cheaper...and you will get a much bigger place in a nicer area

the one supermalt posted is in a sh*t ends with nothing around it

and for 1.4 you can get something nice and you will only be paying 7bills

yeah this is what i was thinking.

Dont wanna move out of london due to work.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/modern-studio-apartment-all-bills-included/76058815

see somewhere like this seems dece

Look at places just inside m25

Can get nice one bed for 700 pm

I'm ona rent hunt my self still

IMO its more luck of nice places poppin up at the right time

This tbh.

I own a 2 bed flat & pay abt £700pcm. If I were to rent a similar size property, would be over £1k.

If u are hard up for a deposit try shared ownership using the government scheme- www.firststepslondon.org

• Upvote 1

i got lucky, i pay 308pm

and its not a bad house tbh, looks pretty modern, in a nice-ish area never had any trouble or anything, landlord was sick, gave me money to buy paint and sh*t when i first moved in

dunno what else, but im really happy here, just need to change the blinds

so happy i moved out, was getting tired of London

I think everyone gets to a stage where you just need to be out, of course it's always best to save up and get a mortgage but that's generally easier said than done. Share with friend/girlfriend or get a studio.

Moving just out of London is always gonna get you the best deal so it's pro's and con's, I have a new 2bed house with 2bathrooms, cloakroom, garden and parking for £760.

Tbh if you have a good job/career and a partner who's similar. You will always be able to get yourself a mortgage, Providing you don't have kids too soon. Whether your mortgage finishes when your 50 or 55 doesn't really matter. Just make sure you get what you want out of life. There are too many people fighting for mortgages that haven't actually lived life and are putting themselves in positions where when they hit them ages. They won't have much to look back on.

• Upvote 3