Bringing up children a diffrent race from you?

The Somalian

Ok my partner is white and she has 3 kids, 2 white and 1 mix. We have now got to the stage where her children call me dad.

None of them see their fathers apart from their grandad and uncle I am the only male in their life. I don't mind them calling me dad as I really love Sally and hope to get married one day. But do you think it's a head f*ck for the kids?

When I was working as a mentor for children in a school. I worked with one white kid and he kept telling me his dad was from jamacia. Met the dad nice guy. I thought wow why a weird situation, now I am in it myself how would you deal with this?

That is how I use to think, but I never thought I would get strong feelings. When I first met her she told me she had kids showed me a picture of her baby on her phone who was mix I presumed they all were.

So when I went back to her yard and I meet her kids the next morning. A white boy and a white girl. In my head I was thinking abort not on this Alan Jackson ting. But they are adorable.

Good thing is she lives out in the sticks so hardly any black people so people don’t look at me when we are out and think Wasteman, bounty etc.

I am Ok with them calling me dad but we went to my bredrins girl’s little sister birthday party. The children was calling me dad then. There was an awkard silence and my bredrin said Marcus turnt daddy now. I am gonna follow my heart and push love away because of my personal hang ups.

I hear that I would laugh at people like this 6 months ago. But actually going through this experience it's not a bad thing. If you love the women you have to love her kids. I know she is going to ask me to move in soon and I am still in two minds as I love my own space etc.

f*ck it, who says you have to wait years before you develop feelings for someone?

so what if it messes up in the end, will that somehow take away from the good times youll have?

what if it doesnt?

if you wait it could still end bad

so f*ck it, do what you feel like

but just know, these are young lives, dont just duck in and out of their lives, if it doesnt work out or whatever its important to remain a good role model, so show them you care or whatever and not just duck out of the blue and hopefully theyll understand

Ok my partner is white and she has 3 kids, 2 white and 1 mix. We have now got to the stage where her children call me dad.

None of them see their fathers apart from their grandad and uncle I am the only male in their life. I don't mind them calling me dad as I really love Sally and hope to get married one day. But do you think it's a head f*ck for the kids?

When I was working as a mentor for children in a school. I worked with one white kid and he kept telling me his dad was from jamacia. Met the dad nice guy. I thought wow why a weird situation, now I am in it myself how would you deal with this?

sh*t jus gat reel