EA - 'I Wanna Make Multiplayer Monies...'

Haze-e

So according to a statement yesterday, the teefing cunts that are EA are no longer mkaing single player only games.

It’s no secret that adding a multiplayer mode is one of the quickest and easiest ways to increase the profitability of your game. After all, without a multiplayer mode, how will you sling DLC maps, weapon packs and all the other garbage that now seems to come with every game on the market?

eamult2.jpg

EA, it seems, is a big fan of the multiplayer model. And according to label boss Frank Gibeau, multiplayer is the only direction in which EA plans to go:

“We are very proud of the way EA evolved with consumers. I have not green lit one game to be developed as a singleplayer experience. Today, all of our games include online applications and digital services that make them live 24/7/365.”

This quote seems to lend credence to rumors of a multiplayer mode for Dragon Age 3, and helps explain the mediocre hodgepodge that was Mass Effect 3’s horde mode (or whatever you call it).

So there you have it: If you were hoping for games focused on the single player experience, don’t expect them to be published by EA.

http://www.qj.net/ps3/news/ea-confirms-no-more-single-player-games.html

I feel like all this will do is let developers make some half hearted games at an attempt to add some form of multiplayer anywhere possible. I know most gamers nowadays only care for the multiplayer aspect but I for one enjoy playing campaign modes and single player games.

Thoughts?

sh*t has changed so much since i started gaming mostly due to broadband + online multiplayer

games used to be about beating a high score, or the hardest difficulty

now its about beating some online beast

i played the various CODs online a lot more than the single player, but i bought max payne soley for the single player

will be sad if single player modes become a side product of money making mutiplayers tbh