Building a website

Rippy

I dont know the first thing about making one.

However I have a bunch of html files that basically create my website, I simply need to upload them.

I don't know how this works... My brother told me to buy my domain name from 123-reg then go from there.

Can anyone help? I don't expect to do it myself, but the files are all here to put onto the site. I reckon if I can't I'll just pay someone to make it.

If you need hosting use Justhost, I've got a 50% off discount code. Go to Justhost and enter 50OFF in the coupon code field.

They give you unlimited everything and if you want to install wordpress or anything like that they don't charge extra for databases etc

beware tho when you come to renew the codes dont work. so you will have to pay full price.

Ah no worries, I've managed to sort it out, thanks!

It's for my old personalised clothing "business". Haven't done any since last summer but I need something to work with in interviews, so I'm going to simply say I've recently made the site to start it up again etc... I'm hoping it'll work out.

/

Do you think this is the right way to go? Just to shed some light, cos I've not asked anyone about it. I can mention the business on my cv, put the website down for them to check? I've got a lot of work to do on the site, i.e. making a new logo, so it will probably take weeks... Is it worth it? Or can I blag it without a website. Any advice would be appreciated!

I would recommend you get yourself a wordpress site.

You could have sh*t up and running within a day, fit for the purpose you've described above. It's all fairly easy to do, and if you find a template that doesn't need much customisation, it can all be done pretty stress free with no technical knowledge whatsoever.

I would recommend you get yourself a wordpress site.

You could have sh*t up and running within a day, fit for the purpose you've described above. It's all fairly easy to do, and if you find a template that doesn't need much customisation, it can all be done pretty stress free with no technical knowledge whatsoever.

She already has a fully working site according to the info she's given. She just needed a place to host the HTML files.

Ah no worries, I've managed to sort it out, thanks!

It's for my old personalised clothing "business". Haven't done any since last summer but I need something to work with in interviews, so I'm going to simply say I've recently made the site to start it up again etc... I'm hoping it'll work out.

/

Do you think this is the right way to go? Just to shed some light, cos I've not asked anyone about it. I can mention the business on my cv, put the website down for them to check? I've got a lot of work to do on the site, i.e. making a new logo, so it will probably take weeks... Is it worth it? Or can I blag it without a website. Any advice would be appreciated!

website will definitely boost your chances and make you look more professional.

Flojo has made some nice sites, holla him

Also if you find a template that's not free holla me, I can probably get it for you.

Having said that there are many many free templates that are also good.

can u get this one? http://www.wpzoom.co...emes/videozoom/

http://gfxcool.biz/templates/278647-wpzoom-videozoom-v26-for-wordpress.html

can usually find most these by searching filestube, or even just google

• Upvote 1