The General Gym/Healthier Food Thread

Heero Yuy

Thought it would be a good idea to have a dedicated nutrition thread. Not just for gym users, but for people dieting, generally wanting to eat healthier etc. I know it gets hard to keep up a regime without it becoming repetitive, stagnant or generally unsustainable. So at least here we can all drop ideas, on meals, snacks, liquids, cost effective methods etc

I’ll start with a few things I’m currently doing

I'll go first , with the lunch box stuff

Belvita Cereal Barsbelvita-breakfast-biscuits-crunchy-oats-6-per-pack-300g.jpg

These are very underated you get like 6 to 8 packs I think, each pack containing 4 bsicuits. 1 pack 230 Calories, get from Tesco.

11437011_H.jpg

117 Calories, 6 bars in a pack, a tesco purchase again. The don't taste like crap, pack 1 of these in a day.

Can't find a picture but if you can find a way to throw some cannellini beans into what you're eating, salad, meat etc then do it. 20g of protien , 6gs of carbs, very underated food,.

51mwcfxMM8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pretty obvious to anyone but I try and take half a can with me a day if I can. A full can is 15g of protien, i tend to have this a couple hours before lunch or couple hours after.

product_alt_FridgeRaiders_Roast.png

My boy brought me in on these recently, must have lunch box snack, 115 calories, 11g's of protien, you can't go wrong with these.

Will drop some more when I get home

0A1E8C54-9E5F-4A67-9DD3-1A95369648B8-1595-0000014BD7FD0DB0.jpg?t=1346944909 Whole Pizza - Cals - 519 | Carbs - 24 | Fat - 31 | Protein - 42 (half is more than enough)

8d52de8b.jpg?t=1346944602 Large Mackerel fillet and salad roughly 350 cal, barely any carbs but a tonne of protein

2af79c60.jpg?t=1346944639 Same as above but with chicken

4c98cfda.jpg?t=1346944673 Per 2 Pancakes - Cal - 188 | Carbs - 12 | Fat - 7 | Protein - 24

Some of the things I eat for lunch or brunch

Guest Chelsea Jack

draft%2Bguinness.jpg

On a bulking season a pint of Guinness in the evening is quality.. gives u a good amount of iron and other useful nutrients

real men deadlift then go down the pub for a pint of the black stuff afterwards.. goes great with a fresh steak as well

Need to jump back on my tortilla wraps, fell off since i moved out. Mackrel needs to make a come back too, infact I need to up my all round fish game. I swear i've literally been ploughing chicken into my mouth for the last 3 weeks solid.

C/S wavant on the clapping straight from the can, no f*cks given.

Ive not cooked a proper meal all week but ive still made sure my diet has been on point. Today im eating chicken breast and scrambled eggs *ashamed*

nutritionally its alright but fack thats not a real meal.

Tilapia I used to bang out in Ghana regularly. Not sure where to buy it from aside from maybe a larger size fish market but very nice fish.

/

My diet generally:

Breakfast before gym: 2 Weetabix and banana cut up

After gym: Omelette with 2 eggs, tomato and slices of ham, four pieces of wholemeal bread and if it's there an avocado

Lunch: Probably brown rice, two pieces of mackerel, sweet potato if I made it and probably an avocado

Dinner: Cous cous with two cans of sardines and some peppers, onion and tomato lightly friend.

Evening: Maybe 2 weetabix again or a protein shake with milk.

Not sure what the calorie count is but I'm thinking of trying to add some things here and there. Think I may try the Belvita bars because at work I get one lunch break and no little breaks, so those periods where I can sneak off the floor I'm going to go into my locker and box one of those off.

On days where I'm going to gym in South with my bredrin, I'll have porridge with a banana. I swear, sometimes I hate staying at my girl's house purely because when I want to get my eat on, can't as big portions, they may not have exactly what I would normally make. The amount of times I'm there at like 10:30pm thinking I just want to go home and tuck into some sardines and cous cous lol

My weekly shopping list...

Eggs (whites)

Oats

Chicken/turkey breasts

Steak

White fish

Salmon/Tuna

Sweet potatoes

Brown rice

Cous cous

Broccoli

Cabbage