When keeping it real goes wrong....

Guest M12

I'm not talking about day to day life, walking to the shop and sh*t

i'm talking about uni interviews, job interviews, etc

and yes OF COURSE.

LOL come on mate. Being "black and posh" might help to get you a seat at the table.

But do you really think in Senior/Director/CEO level appointments they are picking anyone with black skin over a white counterpart with equal ability, you're having a laugh.

Nah but its obvious that no matter the race, generally, being middle class means you'll live an easier life than those in the working class.

You said with being "ethnic and posh", it doesn't get any better. As if to say better off than being white and posh. Or was I misunderstanding your point?

Hmm, I guess I can agree on uni interviews and job interviews - like getting entry.

And perhaps if you're Asian you might rise up in a company quicker (if there are other senior Asian employees) but I don't think that would apply to those who are black as much.

f*ck all the middle class/working class ish.

It amazes me how much white people I met in good/well paid jobs from all types of backgrounds with no real qualifications or understanding of even their job.

This

Meet so many guys who just drift into stuff mindedlessly and just run with it.

and yes OF COURSE.

LOL come on mate. Being "black and posh" might help to get you a seat at the table.

But do you really think in Senior/Director/CEO level appointments they are picking anyone with black skin over a white counterpart with equal ability, you're having a laugh.

this

mid-level kl

but theres certain levels were it would be a miracle or they are a co-founder

why do u lot think black people have it harder than any other minority that has come/comes to this country?

why is it "so much harder" for a black man to get a job at a law firm than a white man (this is absolute bullshit btw, in fact the odds are probably sometimes in the black man's favour these days with racial and sexual equality laws)

just cos some fof u lot (in this thread) are failures doesn't mean it's because "the white man" is racist. not saying there aren't racist people but the average white english person that i have come across is not racist and doesn't give a f*ck if ur black or white or brown or whatever. if u lot are imagining u've already failed every job interview before u walk in/that u'll never get that "top job" then maybe that's where ur problem lies. just cos the corporate culture is a upper-middle class cul;ture it doesn't mean that it's racist. and m12 ur a bright guy mate i'm surprised at u believing this rubbish to that extent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

and yes OF COURSE.

this

mid-level kl

some basless statement still. and if u dummies are talking about "CEO" positions like CEO of microsoft or O2 there's only ever a handful of established people in contention for the job. it's not like every man with a 2.1 can apply

and yes OF COURSE.

this

mid-level kl

They exist, but they will have a real story.

why do u lot think black people have it harder than any other minority that has come/comes to this country?

why is it "so much harder" for a black man to get a job at a law firm than a white man (this is absolute bullshit btw, in fact the odds are probably sometimes in the black man's favour these days with racial and sexual equality laws)

just cos some fof u lot (in this thread) are failures doesn't mean it's because "the white man" is racist. not saying there aren't racist people but the average white english person that i have come across is not racist and doesn't give a f*ck if ur black or white or brown or whatever. if u lot are imagining u've already failed every job interview before u walk in/that u'll never get that "top job" then maybe that's where ur problem lies. just cos the corporate culture is a upper-middle class cul;ture it doesn't mean that it's racist. and m12 ur a bright guy mate i'm surprised at u believing this rubbish to that extent.

we were joking man

we actually do like chicken kievs

funny

but you'll see. next few years/generation more and more black/minority people will start appearing in top positions.

Nonsense.

I dont always think its BAIT racism that peopl deliberately know (dont get it twisted some do), its just giving jobs to your own, seeing yourself in others...