G.O.O.D Music - Cruel Summer

JOHN DOE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

A friend of mine sent me this cause he knew I was a Kanye Stan... Take it for what you may, but it explains a whole lot

"Basically... "Cruel Summer" was a crew album... but Kanye didn't want to spend any real money on it see you'll notice a bulk of pretty much unknown producers on the album if you check the credits. They all pretty much did the shyt for free outside of Pop Wansel because he was the only real producer whose had major success.

Kanye is a control freak... "Cruel Summer" was supposed to be HUGE & Kanye had brought in Will Smith to do a verse on a surprise remix & they even shot the video. Everybody was there... Cudi, Sean, Pusha, Hit-Boy, Will, etc... but a few weeks before they were going to release it Kanye had a "change of heart."

He threw a retreat in Hawaii where he invited producers & writers from all over... assigned by Def Jam to help him with his album. Kanye was a changed person though... he had too much control & when some cats told him how they felt he wasn't putting his all into the project & even one of his longtime friends told him that Kim had his head fukked up & unfocused he spazzed the fukk out... studio equipment destroyed... a lot of "fukk you's" & shyt being thrown between him & his people at Good.

So he said fukk ya'll lets see you push "Cruel Summer" without me & also deaded any chance of a "Cruel Winter". Kanye's ego has fukked up Good Music. You notice he's not on Sean's album & vice versa or Cudi's album. He also fell out with everybody... Hit-Boy left, Cudi left, Sean is scared to leave because he hasn't accomplished shyt without Kanye's relationships. It got so bad that Def Jam basically demoted (behind the scenes) No I.D. because this is his mess (including Lil' Reese & Durk who haven't done shyt) & brought in Don Cannon to hopefully clean it up in the near future.

Jay don't even fukk with Kanye like that anymore because they fell out business-wise but that always affects personal too...

Big Sean has been out here on his own with no support from Kanye... look how they're just throwing his album out... same thing with John Legend. Sean couldn't even get a real budget approval for "Beware" which is why the video looks like some cheapass shyt & Miley Cyrus handed over the visual to "Fire" to Def Jam having nothing to actually do with Big Sean they just slapped his song under her video to push her closer to an urban audience...

Good Music is on its last leg... & it's Kanye's fault... Gee Roberson & Hip Hop got away from this nikka just in time cuz they seen the iceberg from the Titanic the moment Ye' started fukking with Kim..."

What do you guys think?

Makes too much sense. :mad:

Big Sean's album is looking like a flop (sales wise) as well.

Remember reading in XXL an interview with pusha and in the intro they said he was on the phone to kanye begging him to leak one of his tracks but ye was acting up

It makes sense kanye is some insecure prick who don't wanna get out shined so instead of making a beast of a label he wants to hold man back

Good music had so much potential smh

Fuck I hope pusha doesn't disappoint if the albums shit I'm selling my yeezys lol

yeah such potential but its understandable that he wouldn't wanna put out substandard stuff

wasn't Dre the same? with Aftermath the guys who were solely Aftermath it seemed like their careers fizzled out waiting for him to get his shit together