When/if you have children will/do you take them to a place of worship on a regular occurence

The Somalian

Lol @ kurtis. Yes I wud, religion and children is a tricky mix doe wen service is 14 hours n they woke up early to play nintendo cos its only allowed on weekends n then u cnt even stop at kentucky cause u rode bus n it wud be a "waste of money" to pay fare twice even doe its 40 f*ck*ng pence

• Upvote 2

No.

Im teaching my 3 year old son to know himself as an Afrikan ''Black'' man. he spends the majority of his time with his mother so i feel its my duty to over compensate for any lack of cultural teaching that he doesnt receive from her and her side of his family. Members of her fam are JW. and thats what she falls back on. i disagree with many of the doctrines and policys of this faith. And before any1 starts thinking im a nut job showering down my son with Black men were the 1st on the earth, we are superior than everyone else stuff, no, im not, i allow my son to be a normal 3 year old boy.

Also i understand that ''Religion'' can teach good morals. But if religion can teach this, why cant i. and since everything that religion teaches is understood and converted by humans then there is nothing within religion that is absent from me as a human.

i dont have any emotional attachment to religion. i wasnt brought up religiously, but just kind of semi believed in the Christian doctrine, cos thats what you are taught. My son has not been and will not be. JWs dont do that anyway. i wasnt christened and my son wont be.

i understand tradition, but i dont do tradition for tradition sake when it comes to religious tings. im cool with a naming ceremony etc.

i believe i look at things more rationally, this doesnt take away from my spirituality or lessen his childhood experiences. i dont do christmas either or easter, and you know what, not having the pressure to buy lots of gifts etc for nuff people is a huge weight off my shoulders. and its not cos im broke either.

i celebrate his birthday and mine and those aropund me because its a milestone, 1 year on.

I remember almost having a madness with his mother over his 1st birthday. she didnt want ME to celebrate MY 1ST child's 1ST earthday. beause she didnt want to bring him up celebrating these things, these times i was tryna compormise but that was something that i could not compromise on, however the week before she was attending other peoples birthday celebrations. you have to be very strong willed when dealing with someone who has different views on these issues.

im more consistent on my knowledge/spiritual/knowing myself, my history etc than she is with her JW doctrine.

Choose the parent of your child very very wisely.

• Upvote 4

I remember almost having a madness with his mother over his 1st birthday. she didnt want ME to celebrate MY 1ST child's 1ST earthday. beause she didnt want to bring him up celebrating these things, these times i was tryna compormise but that was something that i could not compromise on, however the week before she was attending other peoples birthday celebrations.

LOL

its all dumb

which brings up another point

only reason ill let my kids celebrate christmas is cause i wont want them to feel left out from their peers and whatnot

unless they decide they want to be religious

I used to feel it for the JWs at school during Xmas, they weren't involved in any Xmas plays/assemblies/activities.

No, but I won't deter them from it either

They're free to make their own choices, I'll give them all the options

People need to be careful with this kinda mentality. If you just let children do what they want. More time you will end up with a child who follows Rihanna and all these other pop stars. You need to push your child in the right direction until they have the capability to think for themselves. No 8 year old is gonna want to wear hijab or go church. They'd rather sleep and play games. Giving children options before they are mentally able to make those kinda decisions is equally as stupid as forcing religion on them and not explaining why.

• Upvote 3

Well I'm not going to just be like 'right, it's up to you now 4-year-old Bish JR, make some decision'

I'm just not going to ram ideology down their throats. They'll be guided by my own moral compass, but when they're of sound mind and are able to think (something I will hope to instill early on) then they can do what they want

Saying that though

#prayforason