When/if you have children will/do you take them to a place of worship on a regular occurence

The Somalian

Interesting, of the numerous issues that I've heard people have with religion that's the first time I've ever heard anyone point that out.

To me religion isn't based on logic so if you're of a the christian faith something like there being a trinity would be something quite trivial when you compare it with other aspects of the faith.

I understand that faith isn't built on logic...but when it comes to the trinity, it wasn't a trivial issue to me because it is something that made me turn away.

The father, the son and the holy spirit. This represents God as three divine persons in one, each being equal. Now how is a messenger of God, also equal to God? The same God Jesus bowed down and prayed to? The trinity is something that was later added to the bible, so it's something I was a bit skeptical about. The bible itself shows contradiction after contradiction. One minute Jesus is a messenger of God who worshipped God and told others not to worship him, then you find in other passages that he refers to himself as God... I think this is when the Trinity was introduced. Can't remember where I read it.

The amount of times I've heard - 'It is beyond our understanding, you're not supposed to understand, just have faith' Sorry but not when it's as confusing as that.

From when ^ is finding sense in your religion it's time to convert

Embrace Jesus people

You are worshipping someone who asked god basically how could god have put him through the crusifix (sp), why would god ask god that?

It's also weird why people mention jesus instead of god when praying etc.

Jesus didn't die for our sins, the jews wanted him dead and "supposidly" got the romans involved to merk. If he died for our sins, we are not accountable for ANYTHING bad that anyone has done post the 0 century. This makes no sense.

I could go on and on but I'll stop now.

Jesus was a human when he cried out to God in that circumstance. It makes sense in that case why he would have done it, even though he knew His purpose for His time on earth.

Saved Christians pray in Jesus' name as He is the Intercessor, the only one permitted to come directly to the Father in His own right, which is also part of the work Jesus did on earth as the only acceptable sacrifi'e for human sin.

He did die/was crucified ultimately for human sin, with the death coming about in the manner you mentioned.

But anyway..

Guest CONFIRMATION

cnt believe ppl are sayin ye we arent christians but we will jus do it for the vibez.

dumbest sh*t ive heard.

may aswell have a bar mitzvah aswell, get tht jewish money whilst ur at it.

• Upvote 4

cnt believe ppl are sayin ye we arent christians but we will jus do it for the vibez.

dumbest sh*t ive heard.

Strong pos.

The concept of tradition is not hard to get ur head around really

I guess neither of u ever given Xmas presents or ate Easter eggs

Guest chap44uns

dumbest sh*t ive heard.

CHU

Guest CONFIRMATION

dumbest sh*t ive heard.

Strong pos.

i see wot ur sayin but those things are barely really related to religion anymore, at least not in the conscious of the souless western world.

totally different to putting ur child in a religion that not only are u not part of but u dont believe in jus for 'tradition'

im not even a christian but i find it pretty disgusting behaviour tbh.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

dumbest sh*t ive heard.

Strong pos.

i see wot ur sayin but those things are barely really related to religion anymore, at least not in the conscious of the souless western world.

totally different to putting ur child in a religion that not only are u not part of but u dont believe in jus for 'tradition'

im not even a christian but i find it pretty disgusting behaviour

U find it disgusting when some1 fasts once a yr but doesn't pray or practice islam otherwise?

Jus a thing some families do, bare presents, put the baby in a dress n have a gd drink, everybody wins n ur nans happy

dumbest sh*t ive heard.

Strong pos.

im not even a christian but i find it pretty disgusting behaviour

U find it disgusting when some1 fasts once a yr but doesn't pray or practice islam otherwise?

Jus a thing some families do, bare presents, put the baby in a dress n have a gd drink, everybody wins n ur nans happy

:/

An individual fasting once a year but doesn't practice the religion, doesn't take away the fact that they still BELIEVE. They are fasting for a reason.

An individual that does NOT BELIEVE in Christianity but still goes forth and baptizes their child, is involving themselves in a ritual they do not believe in just for the sake of tradition and wanting to party afterwards.

Now what sounds more disgusting?

• Upvote 1

I don't think there is anything wrong with fasting once a year but not really practising other ways.

Its not like fasting is through a selfish motive. Can not be compared to wanting to gorge on chocolate or recieve gifts and get pissed in honour of religion.

Maybe an Islamic celebration that was centred around material gain could be comparable, but I am not clued up at all on the religion to know

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

An individual fasting once a year but doesn't practice the religion, doesn't take away the fact that they still BELIEVE. They are fasting for a reason.

An individual that does NOT BELIEVE in Christianity but still goes forth and baptizes their child, is involving themselves in a ritual they do not believe in just for the sake of tradition and wanting to party afterwards.

sorry soca luv but who are we talkin about here?

urself? jus cos u seem desperate to latch onto something don't shout ur nonsense at me

duno who's been preaching to u but i kno enough muslim lads n they aint muslim in any way other than traditionally

yh everyone knos the 1 guys brother that wears a dress but the majority don't believe in sh*t, only fast cos its expected of them n even then they're blazing after work n smashing back protein shakes

if ur seriously asking me what i find more disgusting, then i'd have to go with starving myself of nutrients for a month n boxing food back before bed rather than having a joyous family gathering

but don't get all sanctimonious with me love cos u aint welcome down the mosque

as for baptism (which i assume we're still on about) being centered around material gain, i duno where ur gettin that from tbh, i'll wait for cap planet to explain the ins n outs of it tho

gifts are given during ramadan if thats what people are fussing about

dont know why people are trying to sh*t on what is otherwise a very pleasant family occasion

c/s confirmation and soca

soca is welcome down the mosque tbf, as would u be if u had a genuine interest in the religion.

we dont give gifts during ramadan, the eid after ramadan some gifts are given, mainly to youngsters though, and we're also expected to give to charity that time.

On 06/11/2012 at 2:06 PM, local said:
On 06/11/2012 at 11:34 AM, Soca Junkie said:

sorry soca luv but who are we talkin about here?

urself? jus cos u seem desperate to latch onto something don't shout ur nonsense at me

duno who's been preaching to u but i kno enough muslim lads n they aint muslim in any way other than traditionally

yh everyone knos the 1 guys brother that wears a dress but the majority don't believe in sh*t, only fast cos its expected of them n even then they're blazing after work n smashing back protein shakes

if ur seriously asking me what i find more disgusting, then i'd have to go with starving myself of nutrients for a month n boxing food back before bed rather than having a joyous family gathering

but don't get all sanctimonious with me love cos u aint welcome down the mosque

as for baptism (which i assume we're still on about) being centered around material gain, i duno where ur gettin that from tbh, i'll wait for cap planet to explain the ins n outs of it tho

gifts are given during ramadan if thats what people are fussing about

dont know why people are trying to sh*t on what is otherwise a very pleasant family occasion

Are you stupid in the head? I wasn't talking about myself you idiot. About latching on, aint nobody latching on to sh*t. I'm talking about people who don't believe in something but still partake. Look at , man don't give a sh*t about islam, does he do it for tradition? No. He PRETENDS that he fasts. If you know muslims that actually starve themselves for the sake of tradition but they don't believe in the fundamentals of the religion.. then yes, that is disgusting.

About pleasant family occasion LOL.. it's already been stated that having a naming cermony and a party afterwards is nothing... but actually going into a church and having a priest pour holy water over your child's head when you don't believe in such antics baffles me tbh

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

how is it disgusting u emotional wreck

he's keeping his mum happy same way the parents at the last christening i went to was keepin theirs happy

ur overhyping the sanctity of these occasions, religion is merely an outdated method of human management, these are the cultural remnants n i think they're nice

the priest does go on a bit about the god parent's responsibilities but even he doesn't care as long as theres a bit of money comin in

i understand the viewpoint but as i said why is nobody crying about xmas n easter

clearly they're now consumerist holidays but that doesn't negate the principle ur crying over

how is it disgusting u emotional wreck

he's keeping his mum happy same way the parents at the last christening i went to was keepin theirs happy

ur overhyping the sanctity of these occasions, religion is merely an outdated method of human management, these are the cultural remnants n i think they're nice

the priest does go on a bit about the god parent's responsibilities but even he doesn't care as long as theres a bit of money comin in

i understand the viewpoint but as i said why is nobody crying about xmas n easter

clearly they're now consumerist holidays but that doesn't negate the principle ur crying over

I don't celebrate either festivals lol... nobodies crying over it. People have differences in opinion, it's a forum. I'm not going to say I don't agree with something without having the reasons as to why.