Monitors/headphones

Elementalism

What are you lot using? I can't get away with beating tunes too loudly these days, so headphones are the way for me.

Fully recommend the ATH-M50s by Audio-Technica, great all-round frequency response, comfortable for long use, bla bla.

ath_m50_1.jpg

When I move I'm gonna look into a set of monitors, currently weighing up the medium size KRK Rokits and the Yamaha HS80s.

Sennheiser HD280 pro headphones and Samson Rubicon R5a monitors, my main stumbling block at the moment is my room's acoustics, as soon as i can move to a bigger space my next upgrade will be to an unported design. If you can afford it go for a set of monitors that don't rely on ports for extended low end reproduction, they're more accurate and have a flatter frequency response.

looking to get rokit rp6's, anyone used them? need to know if sub bass and 808 kicks come out ok on them

Yeah they're the ones I want, the medium sized joints.

The bass is a little on the heavy side if I remember rightly. When we played the tunes out on a Turbosound and in my car, it was a little muddy at that end of things.. He was making a lot of tunes in E and F at the time, so typically bass notes were hitting at around 40-50hz. The air they pushed in his flat made my chest rattle, but like I said the clarity was lacking on the club system, kicks sounded a bit blurred against the bass if that makes sense.

What you got at the moment?

Sennheiser HD280 pro headphones and Samson Rubicon R5a monitors, my main stumbling block at the moment is my room's acoustics, as soon as i can move to a bigger space my next upgrade will be to an unported design. If you can afford it go for a set of monitors that don't rely on ports for extended low end reproduction, they're more accurate and have a flatter frequency response.

What sort of price do unported ones start at? Any good models?

• 1 month later...