Citizen Khan show

2NinesUp

Why?

Cos they sayin it's mocking islam and pakistani culture even tho the cast is Pakistani they saying it's made for racists to laugh at steotypes

numerous successful black shows have played on stereotypes, theres all white cast comedies that play on regional sterotypes ffs

show is dead anyway, those complaining should find something better to do with their time

i dont like how pakistanis are always used as representatives for muslims in this country anyway, f*ck this show

But to be fair it is a country that's maybe 99% muslim and i could be wrong but i think it was even created as a country in the first place just for muslims to live in but i ain't muslim so i can't speak on it too much

• Downvote 1

i dont like how pakistanis are always used as representatives for muslims in this country anyway, f*ck this show

pisses me off

would you prefer them to use somalis

lol

pakis are the majority muslims in the country

they are all over the uk from north to south

they not gonna use arabs as they are only largely based in london

even somalis are more spread over the uk than arabs

• Upvote 1

pisses me off

would you prefer them to use somalis

its not about who id prefer, its about representing the muslim community as a whole. Pakistanis have a culture that many non-muslims in the uk would perceive as being part of the religion, when in fact its just as alien to us north africans.

In uk we have a decent size north african community, somali community, arabs, then u got others like the white reverts, black reverts, sub-saharan africans, malaysians/indonesians, theres lots, it would just be nice to see some variation when uk muslims are shown.

Islam and its followers needs to be open to the same critical & comical analysis that all other religions receive or risk forever segregating themselves from the general population. We do live in a multi-cultural society and to be honest people should be happy there is a BBC one show primarily featuring Muslims.

What Muslims aren't allowed to be critiqued or made fun of? f*ck that, the strength of a religion isn't based on how well you defend against people who question or mock it but by the conviction of the individuals beliefs in their deity and doctrine.

And Pakistani's make up almost half of all muslims in the UK so it's statistically more likely that they would be selected right?

• Upvote 1