Citizen Khan show

2NinesUp

Islam and its followers needs to be open to the same critical & comical analysis that all other religions receive or risk forever segregating themselves from the general population. We do live in a multi-cultural society and to be honest people should be happy there is a BBC one show primarily featuring Muslims.

What Muslims aren't allowed to be critiqued or made fun of? f*ck that, the strength of a religion isn't based on how well you defend against people who question or mock it but by the conviction of the individuals beliefs in their deity and doctrine.

And Pakistani's make up almost half of all muslims in the UK so it's statistically more likely that they would be selected right?

but there u go, u proved the point, its the pakistanis up in arms about the show, its the pakistanis who are distancing themselves from the general population, yet you've just said muslims, youve generalised us all based on pakistanis, a moroccan from grove or an algerian from finsbury park wont give 2 shits about this show and probably dont even know it exists.

I wasn't generalizing all Muslims under the same blanket categorization, what my gripe is why Religion is being involved anyway? Why would Morrocans or Algerians or Indians or Pakistani's give a sh*t, its satire.

And I only brought up the Pakistani stat because people were saying they were pissed off that its always Pakistanis that are used, but considering the demographic for a Comedy show that is trying to appeal to an audience of some kind wouldn't they go for one the largest population groups?

Saying that Pakistanis are 'always' used is incorrect, thats an opinon

No race war either guys. I want us all to get along. I lived with a Pakistani Muslim family for a year last year and I have some cultural understanding. They let me, an atheist, whoremongering drug abuser live in their home without problem, its obviously difficult to display the rainbow of muslim countries on National television, but this happens in like all minorities. And in a country that's 85% white you'd imagine the TV characters would reflect that too.

Black people wonder why only "Nigerians and Jamaicans" are shown on TV, but you look at Desmonds for example, the Main characters were Guyanese. I bet everyone who watched the show probably assumed they were Jamaican. This I bet goes accross lots of Ethnic minorities.

Yea i think we're all aware its down to the demographics of the country, its to be expected that pakistanis would be the main representatives of muslims in this country, but it doesnt mean we have to like it, what ur average non-muslim wont understand is pakistanis have some deep cultural traits that then get passed off as being islam.

For example in algeria we dont arranged marriages, we dont marry cousins, we dont have honour killings, we're not sex pests, we dont have 'burka', we dont stone and all the rest of the muslim stereotypes the dailymail/media put out there, which do seem to be part of pakistani culture.