Racism In Football

Admin.

Stacks you going on like he didn't later manage the same Jamaican national football team.

Like he didn't try bring in no name man from the islands when he got the Tranmere job.

In 2008 Bain had finished top scorer in the 2008 Caribbean Cup tournament with 5 goals. Barnes was impressed enough with Bain to bring him to England, he signed for the Birkenhead-based club in August 2009

Or like he has hidden his Caribbean heritage like certain man do today

Barnes later believed an article attributed to Jimmy Greaves which had appeared in the Daily Mirror in which his loyalty to England was questioned- citing his supposed support for the West Indies Cricket team, had helped influence the booing in the crowd 

Or like he ain't regularly in the West Indies giving his time to the youth.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/10/09/barnes-picks-grenadian-quartet

I remember seeing him waving his Jamaican flag proudly in WC 98 against Croatia, man like Des Lynham telling him to calm down.

Barnes ain't no self hater bruh.

• Upvote 6

His statements here aren't at all ridiculous when looked at as a whole and within context. However from when he is basically saying "The Toure thing isn't a issue" eyebrows will be raised and and criticism given out.

The headline being very different would paint the article in a different light, as most people look at the headline and it helps form their opinion of the whole article.

Cant get taken for donkey kong on the pitch and walk becky down the isle imo

lol

I wouldn't do it personally but everyman have different tolerance levels.

He broke down a lot of barriers for black footballers and fans in this country, was the 1st black Superstar in England.

I've seen enough from Barnes to know he is proud of his heritage.

/

He only has kids with the 1st 2 women, them old women must be the nans of his kids.

how can he be proud of his heritage ? He's Jamaican but he choose to play for England . Guys a self hater of the highest orders
. Don't understand how the fuck I can get negged for this . My man is a Fukckin Jamaican that is clearly a fucking Jamaican yet he choose to represent a county that he is not even from . Yeah he clearly loves his heritage

Stacks you going on like he didn't later manage the same Jamaican national football team.

Like he didn't try bring in no name man from the islands when he got the Tranmere job.

In 2008 Bain had finished top scorer in the 2008 Caribbean Cup tournament with 5 goals. Barnes was impressed enough with Bain to bring him to England, he signed for the Birkenhead-based club in August 2009

Or like he has hidden his Caribbean heritage like certain man do today

Barnes later believed an article attributed to Jimmy Greaves which had appeared in the Daily Mirror in which his loyalty to England was questioned- citing his supposed support for the West Indies Cricket team, had helped influence the booing in the crowd 

Or like he ain't regularly in the West Indies giving his time to the youth.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/10/09/barnes-picks-grenadian-quartet

I remember seeing him waving his Jamaican flag proudly in WC 98 against Croatia, man like Des Lynham telling him to calm down.

Barnes ain't no self hater bruh.

he's a walking contradiction and so are you . Actually thought you was down aswell

lol

Maybe he's just a man, a multifaceted black man.

You tryna make out like he's some Ashley Young, not every black man with a white woman has forgotten where he is from or doesn't contribute to helping his people progress.

Cos Barnes does.

Try finding out about a person before you label him based on his partner.

Like so many afro centric blacks you need to pick and choose your arguments better.

To the simple minded person the notion of a multi-faceted individual is just that, a notion. Everything is Black or white. (Apologise for the pun)

Every black person you see in the pub with a group of white people is a bounty and is nicknamed "black Dave"or something.

Every Black man you see walking down the street with a white chick is a self hating guy who finds black females physically repulsive.

Etc etc.

As somebody who's probably received more racial abuse than most of us on here John Barnes has every right to speak on racial issues.

Stan Collymore receives more racial abuse each day on Twitter than most of us will receive in a lifetime but in meant to sit here and say coz my man has a white mum and represented England and openly supports the national team that he has no right to speak out on racial issues?

• Upvote 5

what does a thick uneducated light skin welsh mixed breed who has quarter caste kids and a white mum and white in laws have to say to a pure bred thorough bred university educated member of the afghan intelligentsia who has dealt with the white mans cruelty and racism without quitting and breeeding the colour out of him

we are having 2 entirely different conversations

me and my people are working towards a future where we dont have a white man holding the keys to any doors

where as this old fashion west indian coon with his white off spring has to bite his tongue and live in shame knowing that he will go to his grave and his melalnin will die  with him

Took me a while to work out what you was talking about.

I think you read he was named after John Charles, John Charles was a famous Welsh footballer in the 50's played for Leeds United and Juventus.

Barnes father was Colonel/Diplomat Ken Barnes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/colonel-ken-barnes-trinidadianborn-military-leader-and-father-of-the-footballer-john-barnes-1670450.html

Barnes grew up upper middle class, very well educated.

To the simple minded person the notion of a multi-faceted individual is just that, a notion. Everything is Black or white. (Apologise for the pun)

Every black person you see in the pub with a group of white people is a bounty and is nicknamed "black Dave"or something.

Every Black man you see walking down the street with a white chick is a self hating guy who finds black females physically repulsive.

Etc etc.

As somebody who's probably received more racial abuse than most of us on here John Barnes has every right to speak on racial issues.

Stan Collymore receives more racial abuse each day on Twitter than most of us will receive in a lifetime but in meant to sit here and say coz my man has a white mum and represented England and openly supports the national team that he has no right to speak out on racial issues?

yeah but the thing is 9 times out of 10 these black men who have white birds are self hating . These nig nogs can't even speak about real black issues in their own house because they are married to white women. Also John Barnes is clearly a self hater ,that shouldn't even need to be debated . Can't be in bed with the enemy while fighting the enemy

Etc etc.

yeah but the thing is 9 times out of 10 these black men who have white birds are self hating . These nig nogs can't even speak about real black issues in their own house because they are married to white women. Also John Barnes is clearly a self hater ,that shouldn't even need to be debated . Can't be in bed with the enemy while fighting the enemy

lol

Maybe he's just a man, a multifaceted black man.

You tryna make out like he's some Ashley Young, not every black man with a white woman has forgotten where he is from or doesn't contribute to helping his people progress.

Cos Barnes does.

Try finding out about a person before you label him based on his partner.

Like so many afro centric blacks you need to pick and choose your arguments better.

Would I be lying if I said a black man who is from Jamaica but choose to play for a white country that is named England , who had not one but TWO white wives ,who said John terry and Suarez were not racist , who also done absolutely nothing when getting racially abused on multiple occasions is an Uncle Tom ?

I'll reference the national team issue as that is the most important point to tackle.

John Barnes father played for Jamaica himself despite being born in Trinidad, I think his own father was Jamaican.

Ken Barnes has always had a close relationship with his son, it seems unlikely John would have made that decision without consulting his father, impossible even.

So how do you know it wasn't a conscious decision from both of them, or even just his disciplinarian father, to help open doors for black people in this country?

Etc etc.

Can you post the evidence of your 9/10 claims. I'd like to run the rule over them with my analytical eye.

Your on about discussing issues of race like black couples are discussing this ish as a matter of course. I love the idea of you spouting all this pro black stuff whilst using the term Nig Nog. If I'm honest I've wondered in the past if your a white person taking the mick and in the middle of a long term troll.

Using a term like Nig nog to describe your "own people" isn't self hating no?

I'd prefer to have this "debate" in person as then if know what i was dealing with, as that isn't possible in just gonna leave it.

• Upvote 1

Etc etc.

Can you post the evidence of your 9/10 claims. I'd like to run the rule over them with my analytical eye.

Your on about discussing issues of race like black couples are discussing this ish as a matter of course. I love the idea of you spouting all this pro black stuff whilst using the term Nig Nog. If I'm honest I've wondered in the past if your a white person taking the mick and in the middle of a long term troll.

Using a term like Nig nog to describe your "own people" isn't self hating no?

I'd prefer to have this "debate" in person as then if know what i was dealing with, as that isn't possible in just gonna leave it.

What happens every topic.

A good post opening discussion/debate, and this is the reply.

Truth hurts . Anyway how can you marry and have kids with a ww and love your race . You lot do know that race mixing helps to kill your race right ? Or are you gonna live in denial because you are the product of a Uncle Tom and a socket...yeah , truth hurts

:lol:

Need to stop feeding.

• Upvote 3

Truth hurts . Anyway how can you marry and have kids with a ww and love your race . You lot do know that race mixing helps to kill your race right ? Or are you gonna live in denial because you are the product of a Uncle Tom and a socket...yeah , truth hurts

the real

stacks keep goin

i dont think hes a troll 

just has very strong views

• Upvote 1

A lack of education helps to kill your "race".

There are plenty of black people who raise their children to know nothing of their culture.

If there wasn't would black kids in this country be killing other black kids?

That's the biggest failure of the lot.

Going on like Uncle Toms only date white women.

• Upvote 5

the real

stacks keep goin

i dont think hes a troll

just has very strong views

I'm all for hearing his views if he brings them sensibly. The fact is I'm going to watch an away game on Saturday, due to the general make up of match going fans in the country I'm probably going to be either the only or one of two black people in a pub on Saturday, If my guy walked in he'd automatically assume I was a "Nig Nog" however if he saw me out socially in any other setting where my social group is made up of only black makes and a few black females he'd have a completely different view of the exact same person.

The only difference is one view has been formed coz he saw me in Spoons in a Friday night in Manchester and the other is coz he's seen me in a pub in the midlands less than 24 hours later.

This is flawed in a big way.

The fact that ol Uncle Tom has done more to aide the progression of black people in this country must really burn certain people. Instead of spouting empty bullshit on here every day go out into your community and help the guys on the roadside do better.

The character that Stacks has built up is if someone who has changed in his name to something more befitting of his/our African routes and where's traditional African dress on a daily. I'd also expect my guy to be helping out with certain black charities or provisions aiding the betterment of black people in his local community or the wider one.

So why am I left thinking that his musings and strong feelings are heard on here mostly and don't regularly see the light of day.

If my guy has strong forthright views that he believed can help oyr people then I believe he should get to work in spreading the message. If going down to the local youth club or setting up camp somewhere else in the community is abit daunting get yourself on Yourube and do a monthly/weekly blog on the issues.

If showing your face is also daunting, where a mask or even just do a written blog. If you truly believe what your saying and think its in the best interest of our people you have a duty to help edicate others.

From 19-24 years old I spent most of my time working hard as a youth worker coz I was sick of seeing black kids fucking up and making the same mistakes as loads before them, on two occasions I put an ongoing Uni course on hold to take on more work. It's added another few grands on my loan repayments but tbh I think due to the extra work I was able to put in it was worth it.

Bare in mind youth workers don't get paid big wages especially not those just starting out.

I've put in time and work to help our people.

When the government took my job away and made me redundant I volunteered for a year at a local church outreach project.

Now if I spoke with a posh accent chose to Marry Becky or Stacey and wanna go pub with Alan, Dave and Pete wore Abercombe and Fitch and ate beans on toast for dinner every night l. I wouldn't give a Damm what some self righteous Internet character has to say.

Now if the last paragraph was all reality and the history was the same would I still be a self hating "coon"?

If yes, why?

• Upvote 4

your automatically an unk tom if you marry a white woman 

you cannot champion black culture whilst claire is at home rustling up the sausage and mash 

no two ways about it 

that pic with barnes surrounded by all them white women truly shocked me

Certain Shaniqua's don't wanna be hearing that culture shit either.

I'd sooner buy a ring for Claire who willingly engages in talks on the topic than Shaniqua who "don't wanna be hearing that, have you heard the new Kartel tune"

The most knowledgeable woman I know on issues of this nature is mixrace with a white mother who she lived with in a single parent home. (Dad is still around).

Due to the fact that mum was raising a "black child" she took it upon herself to go above and beyond on the cultural education side of things.

There are certain white parents who teach their kids more about black history and culture than black ones do. But we all know who you'd rather share a drink with.

This is hugely flawed.

I believe there is a problem with self hate amongst all cultures but your criteria for diagnosing this is retarded!

• Upvote 2