Racism In Football

Admin.

"It is too big a subject just for David Moyes' opinion to matter that much. I did speak to the players," said Moyes. "I gave them the opportunity. It was up to them to decide. I spoke to them and told them how I felt. I understand their points of view and I'm totally supportive of the players.

"I think the Kick It Out campaign has been a great success. They have done a big, big job. I know there have been some incidents recently but overall I think it has been a success. The people have tried to do it to the best of their ability.

"My opinion here is only small. Other people's are more important. There are better people to speak. I understand my players entirely. I think they're more disappointed with our authorities in the way they've taken action, not the Kick It Out campaign."

Lord Ouseley insists that clubs should demand that their black players wear the T-shirts and join the campaign.

The chairman of Kick It Out says that the protests from the Ferdinand brothers, Man City defender Joleon Lescott and several others who joined Reading's centre forward Jason Roberts in publicly refusing to back the campaign were wasting their time, claiming players wearing the Kick It Out T-shirts, shaking hands with opponents, and respect is the way forward, not headline-catching boycotts and protests.

He said: "Would Rio tell England where to stick their shirt if picked or does he think the FA has done enough to tackle racism?

"Will he tell Manchester United where to stick their shirt and £150,000-a-week or have they done enough to tackle racism?

"Should we tell women not to support women against rape groups because they have not done enough to stop men raping women?

"Is that the best black footballers can do. That will frighten the powers that be!"

Aston Villa have dismissed suggestions that some of their players were involved in a protest against the ‘Kick it Out’ campaign ahead of Saturday’s meeting with Fulham at Craven Cottage.

A number of players across the Premier League declined to wear the group’s t-shirts before their matches, but Villa insist claims in the Mail on Sunday that their side removed the clothing “early” and threw them to the ground “in disgust” are “inaccurate, misleading and distorted.”

The statement read: “All Aston Villa players took to the pitch for the pre-game warm-up on Saturday wearing Kick It Out t-shirts.”

“As is usual practice the players were split into two groups during that warm-up to play possession football; in order to be distinguishable one group removed their Kick It Out t-shirts.”

“The players who removed their t-shirts for this reason were Brett Holman, Joe Bennett, Fabian Delph, Darren Bent and Nathan Baker. This was not a protest. There was no controversy.”

“No player threw their shirt to the ground "in disgust".

“Aston Villa are particularly disappointed with this irresponsible journalism, given that the journalist in question had the full facts of the matter at his disposal before this article went to press: he even asked a question regarding the issue at Saturday`s post-match press conference.”

The club went on to provide a transcript of the journalist asking Villa manager Paul Lambert about the incident, and the Scot’s explanation that it was not a players protest.

Lord Ouseley has rebutted the perceived lack of action from Kick It Out, claiming that the group is relatively powerless by comparison with the FA and Premier League.

"We don't make the decisions, we don't run football. We are a small charity trying to help football come to terms with the reality of the 21st century," he said. "We can shout from the rooftops and I can understand what the black players are saying: you are too involved in the game in the way you operate to be independent and say the things that have to be said.

"The power and decision-making is with the Football Association and the Premier League. We all would have liked the John Terry case to have been wrapped up within days last October, alas it's lasted a whole year and it has caused a lot of pain and grief.

" They know what has to be done. We've been knocking on their door for a long, long, long time so they know what their responsibilities are. The absence of their voices during all this has been noticeable."

The FA has said it continues to give its "unequivocal" backing to Kick It Out but the governing body believes the decision of whether to support the charity remains an individual and club matter. A spokesman said:

"The FA are 100% supporters of Kick It Out, we are funding partners and we believe they have an extremely important role in helping the authorities to fight discrimination in all its forms. The FA have increased funding for the current year and are reviewing funding going forward."

Ouseley did not criticise the players who opted against wearing the shirts but he believes their dissatisfaction should be directed elsewhere. He said: "I can understand the irritation from the black players who feel they have grievances which have not been heard. They've turned their fire against Kick It Out as a sport campaign organisation that's out there on the front line trying to bring about change but has not been able to sufficiently bring about it to satisfy them.

"Those players have every right to express their grievances. I think their grievances are misdirected at not wearing a T-shirt because I think the grievances are much more substantial. I think it's with the game as a whole."

yh, i mentioned earlier that he doesn't wear one due to something that happened with Emre, and the lack of serious action.

(rest assured if Emre had been a Liverpool player he would've been banned for a year,)

It was brought to my attention the other day that Lescott doesn't support the "kick it out campaign" due to the lack of support/action in regards to a incident with Emre a few seasons ago,

Respect to that man for not standing with the crowd. I agree with his stance.

Edit.

Ohh wait let me go and check what his Mrs is before I take his views and opinions on board. Coz if she's White I'll disagree with what he's doing as he surely doesn't understand what racism is and actually probably never received any anyway.

Funny how championship winning and by default England's first choice CB Joleon Lescott snubbing the campaign for half a decade receives no newspaper space or statements from Lord whatever the f*ck his name is.

Lescott has not worn a Kick It Out T-shirt since 2007 after Newcastle’s Emre Belozoglu escaped punishment at an FA inquiry for allegedly directing racial abuse at Everton’s Joseph Yobo during a game in December 2006. Lescott, an Everton player at the time, provided written evidence but the charge against Turkey midfielder Emre was not proven.

article-2220442-15953CB6000005DC-518_306x423.jpg

The organisation’s chairman Lord Ouseley sought to defend their work, saying: ‘I have no intention of speaking for black footballers who have lots of money and power. They have much more power if they organise themselves. Don’t pretend that KIO would be more powerful by being independent.’

They would definitely want their own man if they funding, lol.

Seems he would rather take them all to task.

Who snubbed shirt?

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)

Joleon Lescott (Manchester City)

Micah Richards (Man City)

Jason Roberts (Reading)

Fabian Delph (Aston Villa)

Anton Ferdinand (QPR)

Nedum Onuoha (QPR)

Junior Hoilett (QPR)

Djibril Cissé (QPR)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (QPR)

Steven Pienaar (Everton)

Victor Anichebe (Everton)

Sylvain Distin (Everton)

Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City)

Ryan Shawcross (Stoke)

Entire Swansea City and Wigan Athletic squads.

Reading took their shirts off and gave them to the crowd in support of team-mate Roberts.

^_)

Shut up you moron

:lol:

stacks b>>>>

"The issue is quite simple," said Ferguson at a press conference today.

"I have spoken to Rio. I think there was a communication problem.

"He felt I should have spoken to him [about wearing the T-shirt] on Friday.

"I didn't anticipate I would have any problem in the dressing-room as far as wearing the T-shirt was concerned.

"I always feel that a union is stronger than any individual.

"I told Rio it's important he airs his grievance to the right people, the PFA and the FA.

"But it was a communication problem rather than anything else.

"As a manager of course, when you lay down club policy, you don't like to see it ignored.

"But there are no lingering problems.

"I can understand Rio's stance. The only advice I would give him is that he should take it up with the proper authorities and be heard, because only through that people will listen."

"He and Patrice Evra will not play. There is a big game at Chelsea on Sunday. They will be the two main changes (on Tuesday)."

Ferdinands issue statement

Statement issued by New Era Global Sports.

It has been a year since the incident at Loftus Road. During that time, some of the deep divisions that exist in football have been exposed. In the coming months there will be ongoing discussions, we are sure, on finding a way forward. We intend to participate in these discussions, along with numerous other current and ex-professionals of all races, from the grass roots upwards, across the football community as a whole.

On the issue of Kick It Out, we would like to go on record to say what fantastic work they have done in the past regarding education and awareness. However, times change and organisations need to change with them. We are more than happy to join the discussion, privately, to make Kick It Out more relevant in its fight to stamp out racism in football.

Although we have been left disappointed by the PFA and the FA's actions over the last year, as a family, we are committed to working with football's existing organisations towards the betterment of the game and to achieve immediate action.

We would like to thank all the fans and the staff at Queens Park Rangers and Manchester United for their support in what has been a difficult year. In particular we want to thank Sir Alex Ferguson and Mark Hughes.

We will not be discussing publicly any issues connected with the case. We are now going to concentrate on playing football.

- Rio and Anton Ferdinand

black and half cast footballers and black people for that matter are getting exactly what we deserve .

We deserve this sh*t for creating and raising uncle toms like "flojo" who are the cancer of the black community .

We deserve this sh*t for creating choc ices like ashley i stand by john terry cole and glen,suarez is not racist he has black mates johnson .

We deserve this sh*t because black footballers are the FIRST in the cue to f*ck up di bloodline and marry and breed these white birds and give back NOTHING to the black community . And these fools wanna talk about black community now . pshtt...

We deserve this sh*t because time and time again we allow this sh*t to happen

We deserve this sh*t because of people like rio effing ferdinand who will now shake terrys hand http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4607996/Rio-Ferdinand-Ill-shake-hands-with-John-Terry.html

Rio: I’ll shake hands with JT and Ashley

• Upvote 1

black and half cast footballers and black people for that matter are getting exactly what we deserve .

We deserve this sh*t for creating and raising uncle toms like "flojo" who are the cancer of the black community .

We deserve this sh*t for creating choc ices like ashley i stand by john terry cole and glen,suarez is not racist he has black mates johnson .

We deserve this sh*t because black footballers are the FIRST in the cue to f*ck up di bloodline and marry and breed these white birds and give back NOTHING to the black community . And these fools wanna talk about black community now . pshtt...

We deserve this sh*t because time and time again we allow this sh*t to happen

We deserve this sh*t because of people like rio effing ferdinand who will now shake terrys hand http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4607996/Rio-Ferdinand-Ill-shake-hands-with-John-Terry.html

Rio: I’ll shake hands with JT and Ashley

c/s everthing

The "do nothing for community" thing is gas but I can understand everything else. There are plenty of bounty ballers who help the kids in the area they grew up, start soccer schools etc.