Racism In Football

Admin.

When Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand I said I felt he was well within his rights not to but all certain people kept saying was he should have swallowed his pride and done it despite the fact he was looking at a man he felt was responsible for lying to paint him as a racist, for the sake of positive PR.

Now those same people are saying f*ck PR etc and championing Ferdinand having a right to do what he wants as his own man.

Ahh f*ck it i'm biting,

Dalglish spoke with Suarez and it was decided by both that a handshake would take place, then it was announced as such by Dalglish.

in this situation

It is my understanding that Fergie was informed of Roberts' comments during the press conference, before he had the chance to Ask Ferdinand what he thought,

Fergie in full "i am god" mode, thought, no need to seek counsel with his squad, i run this sh*t, what i says goes and it doesn't matter what Ferdinand's opinions or views are,

In short, Suarez reneged on an agreement he had with his manager and made him look silly, whereas i don't believe Ferdinand had any agreement.

this is one reason why the situation is different,

There are more but thats all old ground.

When Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand I said I felt he was well within his rights not to but all certain people kept saying was he should have swallowed his pride and done it despite the fact he was looking at a man he felt was responsible for lying to paint him as a racist, for the sake of positive PR.

Now those same people are saying f*ck PR etc and championing Ferdinand having a right to do what he wants as his own man.

Ahh f*ck it i'm biting,

Dalglish spoke with Suarez and it was decided by both that a handshake would take place, then it was announced as such by Dalglish.

in this situation

It is my understanding that Fergie was informed of Roberts' comments during the press conference, before he had the chance to Ask Ferdinand what he thought,

Fergie in full "i am god" mode, thought, no need to seek counsel with his squad, i run this sh*t, what i says goes and it doesn't matter what Ferdinand's opinions or views are,

In short, Suarez reneged on an agreement he had with his manager and made him look silly, whereas i don't believe Ferdinand had any agreement.

this is one reason why the situation is different,

There are more but thats all old ground.

The principle is the same, do you put your principles/ opinions as a man to one side for the sake of doing what's seen as the right thing / positive PR

After The handshake Ferdinand said

''After seeing what I saw I decided not to shake his hand.

''He's not got the respect that he needs to have in these situations and acknowledge he's made a mistake and say sorry and move on from that.

''I lost all respect for the guy after that.''

He's saying Suarez needs to accept he was found guilty and do what was asked of him, so surely he should accept what happened in the case of his brother and do the same?

For the record I understand and respect what he did it's just I can't help but notice the difference in reaction to what happened.

Alan Shearer was saying last night Ferdinand was well within his rights to not wear the t shirt as his own man, so how is it that Suarez wasn't within his rights to not the shake the hand of someone he feels lied to paint him as a racist?

Suarez made Dalglish look like a fool but that wasn't the main reason he was condemned by the masses, it was seen as a lack of class.

If Suarez thought that, he should've stuck by his guns and in the talk with Dalglish said i'm not shaking that mans hand. He however agreed to do it and put the situation to an end, then decided not to without first explaining his change of heart to the manager before the game or even at Half time.

he would've been well within his rights to refuse to shake Evra's hand outright. the fact that he said he would, His manager said he has spoken to him and said he would publicly,

the big problem people had with the non handshake was the lie that came beforehand, the deception of Evra who was made to look stupid when he was left hanging, who was then joined in the stupid corner by Dalglish after the game who still hadn't been notified that the agreement he had with his player had been thrown out the window.

Ferdinand doesn't agree with the FA's puinishment but theres nothing to suggest he doesn't "accept it" after all its done now and nothing more can be done. What he doesn't support is the Kick it out campaign and their role or lack of in the proceedings and their lack of power in the game. Why support it when they are just a slogan and are tottaly powerless

To sum up, Yes a man has the right to stand for what he believes in, If Suarez believed he was wronged why agree to shake the mans hand, see your manager tell the world that you would, only to then snub the handshake.

If Ferdinand had told Fergie he would wear the shirt but then decided not to before giving Fergie a heads up an explaining his position, i would still agree with Ferdinand's stance (as the kick it out campaign is a load of crap) but i'd say he should've handled it better and should've warned him about what was going to happen,

• Upvote 1

Please tell me your not black....please

If Suarez thought that, he should've stuck by his guns and in the talk with Dalglish said i'm not shaking that mans hand. He however agreed to do it and put the situation to an end, then decided not to without first explaining his change of heart to the manager before the game or even at Half time.

he would've been well within his rights to refuse to shake Evra's hand outright. the fact that he said he would, His manager said he has spoken to him and said he would publicly,

the big problem people had with the non handshake was the lie that came beforehand, the deception of Evra who was made to look stupid when he was left hanging, who was then joined in the stupid corner by Dalglish after the game who still hadn't been notified that the agreement he had with his player had been thrown out the window.

Ferdinand doesn't agree with the FA's puinishment but theres nothing to suggest he doesn't "accept it" after all its done now and nothing more can be done. What he doesn't support is the Kick it out campaign and their role or lack of in the proceedings and their lack of power in the game. Why support it when they are just a slogan and are tottaly powerless

To sum up, Yes a man has the right to stand for what he believes in, If Suarez believed he was wronged why agree to shake the mans hand, see your manager tell the world that you would, only to then snub the handshake.

If Ferdinand had told Fergie he would wear the shirt but then decided not to before giving Fergie a heads up an explaining his position, i would still agree with Ferdinand's stance (as the kick it out campaign is a load of crap) but i'd say he should've handled it better and should've warned him about what was going to happen,

He openly said that was his belief and when the club took the stance they believed him all that ensued was mocking and condemnation.

We agree on the fact Suarez reserved the right to not shake his hand and it was a mistake for him to reneg but I disagree that had he not shook his hand having said he wasn't going to, people would have understood and condemned him less.

The fact Ferdinand was a supporter of KIO up until the case of his brother to me says he it goes beyond him just not being in agreement with the outcome.

For me there are some things that are bigger than PR and personal beliefs along with principles go in that category all the time.

Loooool

Kompressor, we need your weekly input in the match thread.

Soon come soon come,

I'm gonna make a weekly thing on a Monday night, but in all honesty except for match of the day and the last 3 minutes of the Sun-New game I haven't seen anything. But I'm sure I'll be able to echo the opinions in the thread without watching games or even reading what's already been said.

He openly said that was his belief and when the club took the stance they believed him all that ensued was mocking and condemnation.

We agree on the fact Suarez reserved the right to not shake his hand and it was a mistake for him to reneg but I disagree that had he not shook his hand having said he wasn't going to, people would have understood and condemned him less.

The fact Ferdinand was a supporter of KIO up until the case of his brother to me says he it goes beyond him just not being in agreement with the outcome.

For me there are some things that are bigger than PR and personal beliefs along with principles go in that category all the time.

In the words of Roberto Duran, "No mas, No mas"

Anton didnt wear one either today.

If Black British players continue to not support, Kick It Out, the group will either appear to get more powerful but still under white control, or be replaced by a more powerful one.

Lets just say I think KIO about to get a pay rise on its current 330k that the FA give them annually.

it should be scrapped and an organisation be created that doesn't rely on the FA for funding.

the players themselves can run and finance it easily. who they have as figureheads and who they put in charge is a next thing.

the Kick it out campaign cant be expected to go all out and speak out and be speak objectively against the FA if they are so heavily funded by them, its a conflict of interest. its time for a breakaway, Players concerned enough have more than enough money to do their own thing and due to the players fraternity and the power they wield in the game the new organisation will be a lot more powerful. Whilst also being able to speak out against the FA as they're not biting the hand that feeds.

if 4 black footballers decide to set up and finance a new campaign, raising more than 330k annually is a piece of piss.

the Kick it out campaign has had its successes, but it has started to rest on its laurels to the point where its now just a slogan that we see now and then, It needs a shot in the arm or a lethal injection and a re-incarnation.

If Suarez had refused to shake Evra's hand and told Liverpool and Kenny pre-match, Suarez would have been on the bench and playing in Paris probably and I would be laughing at how salty Kenny is towards media workers while watching Being Liverpool, instead of me thinking Brendan is a homo right?

it should be scrapped and an organisation be created that doesn't rely on the FA for funding.

the players themselves can run and finance it easily. who they have as figureheads and who they put in charge is a next thing.

the Kick it out campaign cant be expected to go all out and speak out and be speak objectively against the FA if they are so heavily funded by them, its a conflict of interest. its time for a breakaway, Players concerned enough have more than enough money to do their own thing and due to the players fraternity and the power they wield in the game the new organisation will be a lot more powerful. Whilst also being able to speak out against the FA as they're not biting the hand that feeds.

if 4 black footballers decide to set up and finance a new campaign, raising more than 330k annually is a piece of piss.

the Kick it out campaign has had its successes, but it has started to rest on its laurels to the point where its now just a slogan that we see now and then, It needs a shot in the arm or a lethal injection and a re-incarnation.

While what you said is true and every man can see it, in essence it can't happen as any new organisation established, The FA would not recognise. It's by design The FA put the most money in.

They will double the budgets, give them more than their current 7 (lol) staff and let them do way more community work with kids (your already seeing it highlighted in the international break), give them some youtube and radio ads, but they will not let them become a definitive voice for black players within the inside football community incase the next England captain decides he too wants to call the younger brother of a former England captain a "black c*nt" on the eve of a England tournament where they are both expected to go too bar injuries.

you don't think right now with the climate being the way it is and the attention the issues are getting, the FA couldn't be lobbied almost forced into accepting the new organisation,

especially with this almost faux outrage at the Serbian fans.

its now or never really, The two cases last season, as well as the Serbian u-21 match have opened the door to a massive opportunity for others to take control of the campaign,

i'm not on about a slap dash organisation with no long term planning or aims, but a number of players getting legal advice, working out the costs and other things involved creating some sort of ethos, and constitution putting an educated person who share the same ethos' aims and beliefs and most importantly making sure this person can validly speak for the players. Whilst arguing the case that it'd be best if the campaign whilst maintaining a good working relationship and communication with the FA stands independently, including not receiving any payments or funding from the FA.

right now is the best time, get a good PR guy/speaker to say the right things in front of a camera and use the right buzzwords, sort all the administration stuff get everything rubber stamped put the right people in charge to run it day to day and we may end up with a worthwhile campaign.

it'll take work but the biggest obstacle is the funding, something that the players can easily sort and finding someone to put in charge something that can be done.

The FA would be hard pressed to refuse to work with a racial equality campaign which is publicly recognized and who have done all the necessary ground work and have good aims methods and ethos.

one thing is for sure, The FA can't be trusted to effectively run an organisation that is tasked with removing racism from the game,

• Upvote 1

No as they would say KIO has done good work over the last 20 years and will continue to do so... The recent episodes are a blip on the 20 years... and they will apologise, promise to educate themselves better and strive to ensure they dont happen again.

The FA are just too invested in it and LOVE it that way, they LOVE that they are founding & funding partners in it. Black players would need to mount a hostile takeover of KIO IMO. As I just couldn't see a new organiation.

They would need to put there own capital in to match or better what The FA do (no problem realistically as I'm sure Rio has paid that to The FA in fines over the years alone) and would probably feel like they want their own man in there to do that. As they probably think Ouseley attending too much dinners and lunches losing sight of the role they perceive him to do.

David James acted a fool the other week but he knows what really happened, like we all do...

There is a tendency to have a go at the FA for everything, but I do think that in this case the criticism is justified. The recent revelation by the Crown Prosecution Service that it did not instruct the FA to delay its investigation into the case is damning.

An 11-month delay in proceedings, conveniently allowing a European Championship to take place with Terry part of the squad, along with the ludicrous suggestion from some quarters that Anton Ferdinand should shake hands with Terry before the case had even been resolved, prompting days of intense media speculation and scrutiny, subsequently, left the issue to fester, causing unnecessary stress and upset to the Ferdinand family.

It also brought about a situation where the anger levels of a group of black players, so incensed by the authorities' perceived lack of action, reached boiling point. Those players are threatening a breakaway group from the Professional Footballers' Association and are refusing to wear the Kick It Out T-shirts this weekend. We now know that this could all have been avoided.

The FA did not have to wait for the CPS to give its verdict; it did not have to decide whether JT was a racist or not. All it needed to do was establish whether racist language was used on the field of play. Enter the video evidence, stage left. Job done. JT used racist language on a football pitch; that goes against the laws of the game and should have immediately been punished. The FA should have been swifter, and braver, in its response.

I/we all refuse to believe The FA are less intelligent than David James, so they knew what they was doing, and tbh no group was stopping them from doing what they wanted to do.

I hear you, and sadly I wouldn't bet on anything happening,

You raise a good point in regard to a takeover of the organisation though, I'm not sure of the cobstitution of the KIO campaign but maybe they could implement a chair person or president who can be voted out or re elected depending on what type of job is being done.

Who snubbed shirt?

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)

Joleon Lescott (Manchester City)

Micah Richards (Man City)

Jason Roberts (Reading)

Fabian Delph (Aston Villa)

Anton Ferdinand (QPR)

Nedum Onuoha (QPR)

Junior Hoilett (QPR)

Djibril CissƩ (QPR)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (QPR)

Steven Pienaar (Everton)

Victor Anichebe (Everton)

Sylvain Distin (Everton)

Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City)

Ryan Shawcross (Stoke)

Entire Swansea City and Wigan Athletic squads.

Reading took their shirts off and gave them to the crowd in support of team-mate Roberts.

Who snubbed shirt?

Jason Roberts (Reading)

Anton Ferdinand (QPR)

Nedum Onuoha (QPR)

Junior Hoilett (QPR)

Djibril CissƩ (QPR)

Steven Pienaar (Everton)

Sylvain Distin (Everton)

Ryan Shawcross (Stoke)

Reading took their shirts off and gave them to the crowd in support of team-mate Roberts.

^_)

Who snubbed shirt?

Jason Roberts (Reading)

Anton Ferdinand (QPR)

Nedum Onuoha (QPR)

Junior Hoilett (QPR)

Djibril CissƩ (QPR)

Steven Pienaar (Everton)

Sylvain Distin (Everton)

Ryan Shawcross (Stoke)

^_)

Shut up you moron

• Upvote 1