Racism In Football

Admin.

So was no farah right to choose Britain over Somalia ?

Or should of amir khan chose Pakistan ?

The guy should choose England its the motherland and he is more likely to get success Plus they pay more than jamacia.

No he shouldn't . Hes no more likely to win anything with england than he will with jamaica and also international wages in england go to charity

Now I'm not rushing out to put bets on England to win anything for the next 30 years or anything,

But what you just said........

[media=]

[/media]

Gary Lineker's apology over 'eating grass' commentary blunder at Muslim goal celebration

Karim-Ait-Fana--Yo_1598228a.jpg

FOOTIE pundit Gary Lineker has been forced to apologise after joking that two Muslim footballers celebrating a goal were "eating grass" ā€” when they were in fact taking up a prayer position.

The Match Of The Day host made the gaffe while presenting for Al Jazeera TV ā€” a station aimed at audiences in the Middle East and which has a huge Islamic audience.

The celebration - which is popular with Muslim players - sees stars drop to their knees and bow their heads in what is known as the "Sajda" pose.

gary-Lineker_300_1598224a.jpg

Mistake ... Gary Lineker

But 51-year-old Lineker had no idea he was taking the mickey - and sparked instant outrage on Twitter.

The former England and Spurs star made the slip during highlights of Wednesday nightā€™s Champions League game between Schalke and Montpellier.

Discussing the French sideā€™s opening goal, he said: ā€œA terrific effort from Karim Ait-Fana, who scored from just outside the area and then ate grass...as you do.ā€

One viewer wrote on Twitter: "Linekerā€™s comment about Muslims [is a] very stupid remark and [one of] sheer ignorance."

Another poked fun at his remark, saying: ā€œI'm off to the mosque for Friday prayers shortly. Or ā€˜eating grassā€™ as Gary Lineker likes to call it.ā€

BBC sport anchor Lineker - who was freelancing for Al Jazeera TV at the time - took to his website to defend his comments, saying: ā€œIā€™m sorry but Iā€™m not aware of every playerā€™s religion.ā€™ā€

smh

of course he knew its something muslim players do, they been doing it since long before he played, he just thought it would get a little giggle and keep it moving, just as he made the little "leave it yea" time of comments during the euros, he fancies himself as a bit of a comedian.

Im not particularly offended by it though, i think i may introduce it into my slang, when im with my muslim mates "bro i just need to go eat the grass", "u wanna come masjid and eat the grass?"

Reuters guardian.co.uk

A veteran broadcaster has been banned from the press box at Swedish football team AIK after he was heard referring to black players as "darkies" in a radio commentary booth.

Bo Hansson, unaware he was being broadcast, was watching AIK's match against Gefle from the Sveriges Radio commentary position. During the web commentary on the game, listeners heard a voice ā€“ later identified as Hansson's ā€“ make several references to "darkies".

"Bo Hansson is no longer allowed into the press box this season, what he has done is contrary to our values ā€“ we have zero tolerance for racism," AIK's managing director, Thomas Edselius, told newspaper Sportbladet.

Jacob Sillen, the head ofsport at Sveriges Radio, said in a statement: "Such comments can and should never be allowed in our broadcasts. It is deeply regrettable."

Hansson told Sportbladet: "I was talking to myself in my corner. It was never intended to be broadcast. I had no idea."

• Downvote 2

cant find it anywhere on the internet

checked bbc, the guardian, sky sports etc...

lee croft racially abusing a ball boy yesterday

(edit...on dailymail :o )

Police are investigating an allegation that an Oldham player racially abused a ball boy during a game.

South Yorkshire Police confirmed it was looking into the claim that an unnamed player abused the ball boy during the npower League One club's 1-1 draw against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane on Saturday.

The Greater Manchester side said the player denied the allegation and that they and his team-mates were fully supportive of him.

In a statement, the club said: 'Oldham Athletic Football Club was made aware by South Yorkshire Police after today's npower League One match at Sheffield United of an allegation of racist abuse by one of its players.

'The player has categorically denied the allegation and the club and his team-mates are fully supportive of him.

'The club understands that the police are making enquiries into the allegation and, as a result, will not be making any further statements in relation to this matter.'

The Football Association said it was aware of the incident and was looking into it.

And another League One club, Brentford, have announced that they are looking into a racially-abusive comment posted about their striker Clayton Donaldson on Twitter.

A statement from the club read: 'The club takes all forms of discrimination very seriously and will seek to take action against the person concerned.'