Racism In Football

Admin.

18 hours ago, ag. said:

Iits bait Souness hates on Pogba, whether he thinks he's too flashy, or it is actually a race thing who knows

i strongly believe it's a deep rooted hate thing based on race, GS seems to still have the same old skool mentally when it comes to black ppl in sports i.e their only ever strong, powerful, athletic etc

i lost count how many times he used the word "athleticism" to describe pogba's performance in the derby

Ā 

Why does that have to be negative. Its a matter of fact the west Aff players are generally faster and hencher than the rest. And pogba is hardly an iniesta type player. Black social media ppl are just being reactionary. As usual

I dont watch football much anymore before some of the mongs pipe up, but correct me if I'm wrong, the creative 'magician' playmaker type role has never been associated with aff players. They're usually known more for raw power and speed, natural athletic ability, physical strength. I cant think of any famous legendary Af baller that was 5ft 7 and skinny like iniesta but run the show how iniesta did. If am wrong then coolĀ 

22 hours ago, ag. said:

I dont watch football much anymore before some of the mongs pipe up, but correct me if I'm wrong, the creative 'magician' playmaker type role has never been associated with aff players. They're usually known more for raw power and speed, natural athletic ability, physical strength. I cant think of any famous legendary Af baller that was 5ft 7 and skinny like iniesta but run the show how iniesta did. If am wrong then coolĀ 

You are right in the main but it could be said this in itself is down to racism.

There are similar debates and discussions on quarterbacks in the nfl

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-almost-all-NFL-quarterbacks-white

1 hour ago, Toney Barton said:

You are right in the main but it could be said this in itself is down to racism.

There are similar debates and discussions on quarterbacks in the nfl

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-almost-all-NFL-quarterbacks-white

I know fuck all about the Nfl but in football u cant deny it or put it down to race. Maybe if the football academies in West Africa twenty or 30 years ago had the same philosophies as the likes of Ajax academy or La Masia, the modern day Aff ballers we see today might be bigged up for the same reasons people like Xavi and Iniesta get instead of just pats on back for physical attributes. Jus wondering out loud not saying im defo right. Or maybe it is something deeper and internal that means black atheletes dont have the same mentally creative dexterity to be able to rely a lot more, (if not entirely) on their brain as opposed to brawn...Ā 

@ag.Ā having played youth football myself for over a decade I would say there are defo racial elements to it.

From a young age you are put in positions where you are expected to be and this in turn shapes your mentality as a footballer.

When I was younger I never gave much thought as to why the white kids were always cm or made captain but now I look at it a lot more cynically.

The most creative and skillful footballers I knew were mostly black kids but they were invariably put upfront or on the wing orĀ at cb.

6 hours ago, ag. said:

Or maybe it is something deeper and internal that means black atheletes dont have the same mentally creative dexterity to be able to rely a lot more, (if not entirely) on their brain as opposed to brawn...Ā 

What is this bruv, whole post is baloney infact

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kuffir said:

What is this bruv, whole post is baloney infact

If no intelligent response jus be quiet or Neg me in a passive aggresive rage...

Ā 

12 minutes ago, Toney Barton said:

@ag.Ā having played youth football myself for over a decade I would say there are defo racial elements to it.

From a young age you are put in positions where you are expected to be and this in turn shapes your mentality as a footballer.

When I was younger I never gave much thought as to why the white kids were always cm or made captain but now I look at it a lot more cynically.

The most creative and skillful footballers I knew were mostly black kids but they were invariably put upfront or on the wing orĀ at cb.

Haha. I never used to get it when white people say ethnic minorities love to use race card. I understand it more as i get older. Instead of rationally assessing a situation, ppl jus go straight for the easy thing; race. Never mind the coach for whatever reasons he has to make someone else captain or give them main role in mid field, you assume you know their thoughts better than them and retrospectively assume racism. It really is pathetic...

@ag I don't assume anything, I simply listed some observations.

I was gonna reply but you are not interested in a discussion tbh.

You have a contrary approach when it comes to racism I'm not even saying this is a bad thing in general but regarding football it doesn't seem like you have much experience or want to hear people's experiences.

Ā 

@ag.Ā the point was black players have been coming through youth teams in this country for 40 years now so the lack of black creative midfielders can't be put down to lack of talent.

Ricky Hill was an incredibly talented cm and only got 3 caps for England.

The other point you missed was as a child, managers tend to play you where they want you to play, not where you want to play.

This in turn affectsĀ your development.

The fact that the magician type player is not usually associated with black players has more to do with this than anything else.

Possibly. I never made out my point was facts. The point of a debate is two contrary views being discussed no?

I hear you, the managers might be putting black kids in a box from a young age in terms of what positions they put them and whatever information or affirmation they give black youts compared to whites, cool. So it could possibly be the case that in England and Europe generally,black footballers development COULD have been stunted by coaches in this way... I have acknowledged your side. Now why don't you acknowledge my point? Why are there no big well known movements in Africa or Caribean that school kids about a certain approach to football like what they have had at barca for instance for years? Or has it been going on under the radar, genuinely intrigued to know. Overall you didn't really address directly the subtle nuances in the points I made and their importance...

6 hours ago, Drift said:

I beg you... Vacate the sports section.

Please man.

It would be so easy to shut me down with quick facts if am chatting shit. But ppl rather neg me like passive aggresive bitches or drop a line like this. Cool!Ā 

@ag.Ā you do need to calm down with the cursing. The constant dissing makes people dismiss what you say, even if there is a little bit of truth to it (on this subject, I disagree with you) and find you jarring.

I'm sure you and everybody else on here don't verbally attack people irl when someone disagrees with them.

That's my advice to you when trying to have conversations with people on here.

• 2 weeks later...

@ag. I was reading this the other day,

The Gold Mine Effect, Rasmus Ankersen.
https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=EV6RAAAAQBAJ

it pretty much exploresĀ the points I was gonna make in my response to you, it does a better job of it thoughĀ but I think you will find the preview of interest.

I think it is more about cultureĀ than inherent ability in certain ethnic groups though.

Quick skim of it. Seems to be linking talent to cultural shit like diet, poverty, aspirations, specific to location or 'gold mines' as he calls it.. Only a quick skim so maybe theres more. Thats cool i never denied that but the point is that various groups, at elite level, still have genetic advantages that go past culture. Fast and/or slow twitch fibres in different African populations for instance. A man from Somalia can train for as long as he likes but they will probably never win the 100m Olympics because of genetics and how their bodies are built. But as Somalia gets more of a cultural focus long distance running, due to people like Mo Farah, they can exploit their natural physical 'disposition' to long distance running, the way other east African groups like Kenyans and Ethiopians did long ago. Meanwhile, places like Brazil are a genetic melting pot of mainly West Africa and Southern Spain. West Africans and their descendants across the board are succesful in sports requiring attributes like explosive speed and power, because of fast twitch fibres. A tall, stick thin, overly lanky man from somewhere like Sudan or Rwanda doesn't have the body genetics forĀ  *certain* explosive sports however much he strives for it, but they do for some, ie Luol Deng in basketball. I could go on and on. The general point i think Ive been making is that there are very clear and undeniable phsyical differences in groups that undeniably play a massive part... But mental differences are much more controversial because of things like eugenics and the legacy of scientific racism. Of course i could be chatting shit but the mongs on here don't know how to debate intelligently. It's a shame...

Wonder if West Brom would have stayed up if they'd given the job to Darren Moore straight away instead of Pardew. The players absolutely love him as well they've been talking up how well he's got them drilled. Should be backed and given a fair crack and taking them back up.

players usually do like the assistant/coaches... they play the good guy

plus playing with nothing to lose, no pressure.

hope he gets the job and does well tho