Racism In Football

Admin.

Yeah but I think its cos they don't really follow that race, like another one of my brdrins who is the same said Keeley (page 3) would make him leave his wife and he was dead serious.

:rofl:

Just saw this on the sun website . A user commenting on the john terry saga ...................................................

This might sound funny to some people but i sincerely believed John Terry is not a racist. I am an African, I know he used the word but he is was the heat of the moment, and this is very common with majority of white people. For instance, a friend of mine is married to an Irish woman and they have two kids together, despite that the woman still call my friend monkey and make racist remarks, each time they are having problems. To her, is the only way she can hurt him and this is exactly what John Terry has done. He should public apologise to Anton Ferdinand and move on. He hanged out with the trio of Didier Drogba, Obi Mike and other nationalities, if he was a racist, i reckon he won't be close to mentioned players. As a Chelsea supporter, i believed he used those discriminating words and from the video, you could see how shocked Obi Mike was when John Terry utter those racist remark. Am shocked that the FA and the Court the not invite Obi Mike to give his own account of what John Terry said. I will refer anyone that might have some element of doubt to take a look at the video again, they will see how shocked and the frowning in Obi Mike's face

smfh...

if this was say Cristiano Ronaldo circa 2008, who's money is on Fergie handling this a little differently.

if Rio Ferdinand sticks to his guns on this it'll be an amazing signal of intent.

I've hated the guy since he decided the only way to mark his return from a ban brought about by his own negligence was to hold the club to ransom over a new contract and throw in a cheeky meeting with Chelsea.

but this will right all those(imo) wrongs,

Fergie is the biggest tyrant going when it comes to standing up for what he believes in, (Even when he has no or very little grounds) this includes banning journalists for reporting the truth where it concerns injuries within the squad and didn't talk to the BBC for a million years due to them having the temerity to question the dodgy-ness of his Son's dealing as a agent, (a fraternity within the game he claims to despise due to their dodgy-ness and shady ways.)

despicable human being,

Fergie is the biggest tyrant going when it comes to standing up for what he believes in, (Even when he has no or very little grounds) this includes banning journalists for reporting the truth where it concerns injuries within the squad and didn't talk to the BBC for a million years due to them having the temerity to question the dodgy-ness of his Son's dealing as a agent, (a fraternity within the game he claims to despise due to their dodgy-ness and shady ways.)

tbh, sometimes you have to back your family even when they're in the wrong and makes you look like a hypocrite and its understandable for him to be upset with a journalist that baits up information about his team selection, giving the opposition a tactical advantage over him.

Antonio Valencia leaves Anfield on crutches, journalist reports it, gets banned from OT press conferences, for real?

the family thing is whatever and his business, the point i was making is he was making a stance, same way Rio is, a man should be allowed to stand for what they believe in.

Daniel Taylor ā€@DTguardian

Problem for KIO, much of the time, is they are part-funded by the FA, so very hard for them politically to take issue with their Ā£ suppliers

For example: KIO very unhappy, privately, about Terry in and Ferdinand out of Euro 2012. Publicly, though, they wouldn't take on FA

KIO actually had someone supporting the Ferdinand family in court every day of Terry trial. It's just they're perceived as not strong enough

Sir Alex Ferguson says his Manchester United players will respect the Kick Racism Out of Football campaign this weekend, despite reports that Rio Ferdinand would be part of a boycott.

Reading striker Jason Roberts has urged other players to not wear Kick It Out shirts, in protest against the organisation's reaction to John Terry's racial-abuse ban. Roberts believes Kick It Out has "not been strong enough".

The Football Association slapped Terry with a four-match ban and a fine for using a racial slur against QPR defender Anton Ferdinand, although stressed he was not a racist. Terry has opted not to appeal his suspension.

It has now emerged that Rio Ferdinand, Anton's brother, will not be joining Roberts and shunning Kick It Out. "All the players are wearing it. I've only heard Jason Roberts is different," Ferguson said.

Meanwhile, Ferguson has condemned Roberts' stance, and implored others not to join him. "I completely disagree with Jason Roberts, I think he's making the wrong point. Everyone should be united," he said.

"All the players, the country should be wearing the warm-up tops of Kick Out Racism. I don't know what point he's trying to make, whether he's trying to put himself on a different pedestal from everyone, but when you do something and everyone believes in it, you should do it together. You shouldn't have sheep wandering off."

Reported yesterday

Fergie built a rod for his own back by being so bullish in his press conference(where he was pretty dismissive of Roberts) he left no room to back track and now it's bitten him,

Even in the case of injuries being reported before a game, is that really worth a banning. or is it just a sign of a man drunk on power.

I'm of the growing opinion that all journalists and media should boycott his press conferences, until his tyrant like behaviour stops.

The sponsors won't stand for a press conference where only MUTV are present, so I'd expect an Glasweigian apology to find it's way to the relevant people very sharply.

think this is one of those ones where publicly he says hes gnna use the hair dryer and in reality he wont do shit

as opposed to his usual everything is fine when really hes putting a credit card in someones mouth before winding his hand back

The irony of this situation being of course that he isn't angry about the medias scummy nature or lies but angry at them revealing his lies/planned lies, and reporting the truth.

If the Journalist's i mentioned were banned for telling lies and being scummy (as others already have) then I would have no issue with any of it, but they were banned for telling the truth and doing their jobs,

No moles or inside info, Journo sees Valencia leaving a match on crutches, he's writing about the game that has just taken place, is he meant to leave that bit of info out?

Whatever the case, Fergie having a go at anyone for lying is very hypocritical.

When Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand I said I felt he was well within his rights not to but all certain people kept saying was he should have swallowed his pride and done it despite the fact he was looking at a man he felt was responsible for lying to paint him as a racist, for the sake of positive PR.

Now those same people are saying f*ck PR etc and championing Ferdinand having a right to do what he wants as his own man.

When Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand I said I felt he was well within his rights not to but all certain people kept saying was he should have swallowed his pride and done it despite the fact he was looking at a man he felt was responsible for lying to paint him as a racist, for the sake of positive PR.

Now those same people are saying f*ck PR etc and championing Ferdinand having a right to do what he wants as his own man.

If I'm Fergie my only beef with Rio would be with the fact that he didn't give me the heads up about his part in the protest before the press conference on Friday

The papers told him, the journo's asking him, told him. He just thought I tell Rio what it is through the press and it failed yet he still is trying to talk to him via the media.

Ferguson still wont tell Rio face to face where Rio might argue his case, Rio will just get a text message saying fined 3 weeks wages you wanker. I made the team ride for you when you was smoking them funny fags. Now I believe there's a God above me, I'm just the God of everything else.

was gonna reply in full to this but i think M12 has it right.

If I'm Fergie my only beef with Rio would be with the fact that he didn't give me the heads up about his part in the protest before the press conference on Friday

The papers told him, the journo's asking him, told him. He just thought I tell Rio what it is through the press and it failed yet he still is trying to talk to him via the media.

Ferguson still wont tell Rio face to face where Rio might argue his case, Rio will just get a text message saying fined 3 weeks wages you wanker. I made the team ride for you when you was smoking them funny fags. Now I believe there's a God above me, I'm just the God of everything else.

precisely, Twitter is probably not the best place to air it, But Ferdinand's made it clear what he was going to do and that he supported Roberts' stance,

i'd imagine the issue is that Fergie doesn't pay attention to Twitter and so went into that press conference blind sighted, was asked a question, answered it far too gung ho and now he looks silly,

Should Ferdinand took the time to tell Fergie that he wouldnt be wearing the T-shirt, maybe,

does he have the right to publicly question the campaign and withdraw his support regardless of what his manager has said. Yes.

Fergie's problem is that he left himself absolutely no room to back track as he went all out in his comments about Roberts.