Grooming for Men

JOHN DOE

Unless a savvy entrepreneur sets up an outlet for it and becomes a UK distributor.

Doubt the market is very large for that however.

It is though, issue is he's marketing it primarily as a "for black men" product.

In Europe/Asia they'd need to market it as a "for men with curled facial hair" which wouldn't be as straight forward - but ingrown hairs is an issue that a lot of non-black people suffer from as well. In an interview with the founder he says at least 30% of non-black men have those issues.

dont use a blade

beard trimmer 

never clean shaven

• Upvote 3

• 4 months later...

tbh the only thing that's worked for me to keep bumps away is shaving (with the grain) regularly, if I don't shave for more than 2 days I get bumps and if I do I have to shave then leave it for a day to heal then go back to shaving every day (or every other)

Yeah for a while I was shaving against the grain to get a closer shave but my barber showed me you should never do that and if you don't get it close going with the grain then it's time to throw that blade away and buy a new one he said cos razors are quite expensive people don't change them regularly enough

think he was sneek dissin uno.

what do you guys know about Bevel?

Is it good?

https://getbevel.com

Just get yourself a good quality safety razor, that's what a bezel basically is with a strong marketing campaign directed at black men.

For anyone suffering with bumps drop the gillette razors and all the disposables if you're using them, the way these multi blade razors tug at the hairs is a major cause of irritation for people with curly hair. Gillette and all them pulled a slick one and made disposable razors the norm despite the fact they're so much more expensive and cause a lot of people to have skin problems.

It's worth having a bottle of Tend Skin, the stuff is magic. Once you apply it to the skin you can see the hair rising to the surface within a matter of minutes. Apply it morning and night if you're having ongoing irritation.

I've just bought a Gillette Tech Safety Razor from ebay along with a brush, some blades and the rest of it to try out the traditional way of shaving. You have to learn the technique but it's well worth it for the improvement it can make on your skin, the Gillette Tech is a fairly mild razor for a beginner and recommended by a lot of people.

You can pick these up off ebay for £20-30 or alternatively edwin jagger and Murkr are two of the most popular current manufacturers.

4628275080_9c6baf3d67_z.jpg

• Upvote 4

i dont see how barbers dont spray or use gel after every single cut he makes

the just brush the cutter and next man sits in the seat

this is the root cause

only reason i have a majestic beard is cause i was tired of being clean shaven just to get razor bumps

only way around it imo is cutting urself

what do you guys know about Bevel?

Is it good?

https://getbevel.com

Just get yourself a good quality safety razor, that's what a bezel basically is with a strong marketing campaign directed at black men.

For anyone suffering with bumps drop the gillette razors and all the disposables if you're using them, the way these multi blade razors tug at the hairs is a major cause of irritation for people with curly hair. Gillette and all them pulled a slick one and made disposable razors the norm despite the fact they're so much more expensive and cause a lot of people to have skin problems.

It's worth having a bottle of Tend Skin, the stuff is magic. Once you apply it to the skin you can see the hair rising to the surface within a matter of minutes. Apply it morning and night if you're having ongoing irritation.

I've just bought a Gillette Tech Safety Razor from ebay along with a brush, some blades and the rest of it to try out the traditional way of shaving. You have to learn the technique but it's well worth it for the improvement it can make on your skin, the Gillette Tech is a fairly mild razor for a beginner and recommended by a lot of people.

You can pick these up off ebay for £20-30 or alternatively edwin jagger and Murkr are two of the most popular current manufacturers.

4628275080_9c6baf3d67_z.jpg

Respect 

If guys are getting the safety razor do some knowledge first, it's an art apparently

Yeah it's very different to shaving with disposables and mach 3 etcs.

The main thing is you don't need to apply anywhere near the same amount of pressure. I can't stress this enough, but if you rest a safety razor on your face in the same fashion that you do a disposable there will be blood dripping down your face. 

You also need to find the right blade for your skin, I'd advise getting this sample pack so you can test a few out.

From the research I've done teflon coated razors are well suited to curly hair, The Lord Super chromes are one option 

yh samesies im sick of these pisstake disposables

gettin that exact 1

feedback later in the week

I bought mine off this seller, can vouch for the condition and he sent it out quickly.