Is diving the cancer of the game?

Kompressor

After the weekend the media have placed themselves in their respective camps,

So let's see what the opinions are here,

Is diving the true evil of the game or are their more pressing issues that don't get spoken about as much which are equally as damaging or more so?

Take this weekend for example was Suarez dramatics as bad as RVP's incident with Cabaye?

"Discuss"

I believe in retrospective bans for diving

A lot of times to the naked eye and depending on the positioning of the officials dives are hard to see.

If you can look back at videos and clearly see a man dived(like bale and Suarez on the weekend) then I believe they should receive a ban of some sort

BUT

In saying that it's not exactly fair because if they were caught diving during a game they would receive a yellow card and no ban.

I dunno

Incidentally since August 2010 only 2 players have been booked more than once for diving(twice)....

Bale and Suarez

Retrospective bans are the wrong way to go, and could never really be implemented fairly anyway, look at players like Ronaldo, who often would go to ground a little easy, but it would normally be after being clipped anyway, how do you determine how much contact there has to be to go down?

Also are we implying that diving to win a freekick or penalty is a greater form of cheating than say, shirt pulling, deliberate fouls to break up an attack, or any other misdemeanour that isn't rewarded with a ban

Simply enforce with referees that if they think an outright dive has been committed, to book the player for unsportsmanlike conduct, simple.

People are getting carried away with this technology thing..

Win by all means necessary. That's why I like players like Suarez.

Never had problem with diving. If you can fool the ref, then he's just dumb.

What's cancer to the game is ref giving lame fouls for the slightest of touches.

So much contradiction in this post.

I think there's different levels of diving tbh.

If you running at full speed and a player runs up to you and tries to kick you at full swing, but pulls out last min, the player expects him to fully go through and jumps to avoid it. The player essentially dived out of the challenge (expecting a challenge) but in reality it's just looks like he's diving. The said player that falls down, doesn't appeal for anything, doesn't ask the ref anything. If he gets booked for preempting a tackle then so be it. Typical Bale.

You then have type that set out to fool the ref. Any minimal contact the player feels, he'll go down. The player just says that he felt something and went down. People complain about foreigners doing this but alot of british players do this!

Then you have the people that don't give a sh*t :lol:

suarez.gif

No it's not but as it's Suarez at the centre of it this week it's the most hotly debated topic, every man and his dog is dropping their 2 pence in.

Suarez' was a sh*t dive but the majority of the time what people are actually calling dives are player's avoiding or exaggerating contact.

It is part of the game and up until the referees start using their brain it will continue to be. How often do you see a referee calling a foul in the box without a player going to ground?

And that's why players will continue to exaggerate contact/dive to avoid contact because if you try to stay on your feet and end up losing your balance that results in a skewed shot you aren't going to get sh*t.

Win by all means necessary. That's why I like players like Suarez.

Never had problem with diving. If you can fool the ref, then he's just dumb.

What's cancer to the game is ref giving lame fouls for the slightest of touches.

So much contradiction in this post.

:lol:

Sounded alright in my head.

Refs that give foul for the slightest of touches is cancer.

:lol:@thinking Suarez is the only who is bad at it

Gerrard

Rooney

Young

Lampard

Difference is suarez will dive like that like twice or three times a match . Where as the rest will do it couple times a year . Doesn't make it right of course but they are nowhere near as bad as that buck tooth c*nt

Behave

:/

Annoying yes but would hardly call it a cancer . Nowhere near as bad as parking the bus for about 4 games like chelsea did to win the champions league . Made a mockery out of the beautiful game . Far worse than diving imo

What I hate about statements about teams that park the bus is the fact that so many teams have tried it and failed against the likes of Barcelona. They will 99 times out of 100 find a way past your stubborn defence, so when a team does succeed with it, surely we should be congratulating them for it? Yes? No?

• Downvote 2

No we shouldn't be congratulating them whatsoever

They showed no intrest of trying to win the game instead they played not to lose that is one of my biggest pet hates about football.

It's a good thing this only happens once every now and again because it would be painful if this kept on happening.

I think there's different levels of diving tbh.

If you running at full speed and a player runs up to you and tries to kick you at full swing, but pulls out last min, the player expects him to fully go through and jumps to avoid it. The player essentially dived out of the challenge (expecting a challenge) but in reality it's just looks like he's diving. The said player that falls down, doesn't appeal for anything, doesn't ask the ref anything. If he gets booked for preempting a tackle then so be it. Typical Bale.

:/

Bull