Manny Steward critically ill

Fighting Weight

• 2 weeks later...

Wlad has confirmed via his facebook

Wladimir's statement to the passing away of Emanuel Steward:

Boxing has suffered a tremendous loss with the passing of Emanuel Steward.

Vitali and I, along with the entire Team Klitschko, send our deepest and most heartfelt condolences to Emanuel's family and friends.

It is not often that a person in any line of work gets a chance to work with a legend, well I was privileged enough to work with one for almost a decade.

I will miss our time together. The long talks about boxing, the world, and life itself. Most of all I will miss our friendship.

My team and I will carry on with the goals we had set while Emanuel was with us because that is exactly what Emanuel would have wanted. I know he will be with us in spirit along the way and we will accomplish these goals in his honor.

Rest in peace Emanuel. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again my friend.

Wladimir Klitschko

This is ridiculous....what happened was one of Mannys close friends said 'hes gone, rip' on his twitter, then stewards family came out and said he's still alive, then did Stewards asistant trainer Ali Bashir said he'd died

Eddie chambers said he'd died (Bashir is Eddie's trainer)

Wlad then put up a statement on his fb saying rip, but then he took it down along with a pic of him and steward

Again his family came out and said

"You can tell folks that he is alive and being treated by some of the best experts in the world. The Steward family is dismayed and greatly disheartened and disappointed that during this personally challenging time, people would callously and thoughtlessly run wild with untrue statements in order to garner their '15 minutes of fame.'

"Where is the moral compass of those seeking to capitalize on this situation? Does anybody take the time to check out the facts anymore?

"Many of those issuing reckless statements have our phone numbers as well as Emanuel's office number and yet, they haven't called, just issued statements that are terrorizing Emanuel's children, siblings and relatives that aren't able to be here at the hospital.

"SHAME ON THEM! He has feelings and we, his family, have feelings. Consider that and give us our privacy to help our loved ones."

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/sports/emanuel-stewards-family-disheartened-by-reports-of-death#ixzz2AKi0O3ac

News reports have surfaced saying he's alive

And now Antonio Tarver has tweeted

Sad but true I just confirm myself from someone close to the family.. R.I.P. to one of the greatest Emanual Steward

So I don't know wtf is going on, I can only assume he either went into soem sort of severe cardiac arrest and was brought back MJ style

Or he's died and those involved want to leave the family to make the statement