2012 round up

Fresh

Yeah there's a while left, but the Eric Thomas disciples among us are already looking at 2013, so let's have a round-up of the year so far.

Discuss memorable events, on and off the forum.

Your own personal achievements

Your own personal failures

Your highest high

Your lowest low

How have you changed since 2011

Most importantly, use this thread to lay some of your aspirations for 2013, maybe someone will remember to bump it in a year and we can all reflect.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your own personal achievements - Got a new whip, out of debt and a raise at work.

Your own personal failures - Having to sell my old whip to cover some debt.

Your highest high - Beating my court case.

Your lowest low - In the middle of the debt crisis.

How have you changed since 2011 - Don't go out getting on it as much. Not blowing my money on stupid things. Not selling di drugs anymore. Using di lowercase.

• Upvote 5

Got a degree, and a job !

Got some vile creature pregnant and caught something off her

Your highest high

Went to some sick parties, ran a couple events that went well

Your lowest low

The feeling coming back from uni, and realising how negligent I was towards my health at uni, almost becoming addicted to the rugs

Alot more self aware and worldly, feel almost untouchable right now and i haven't even began

I am sorting out the whip game, holiday game, and bitches game. Gotta try and make the most of being in the working world boii

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

finally believing i can do this music thang, always sung never fully thought i was good enough to pursue it (confidence thing)

dont know what happened but something shifted and i'm ready to go.

quitting my job without finding a new one *insert plainface* been drifting this year but i'm settled now.

Your highest high

going new york for the first time, had indescribable time want to live there at some point/ also creating some dope music with some cool producers

/ also been to some sick house raves/festivals

Your lowest low

coulda made way more money that i have, but it's not a thing back on my grind

Learnt a lot about love & relationships, which has been reflective in my recent experiences turnt 25 so generally feeling like a grown ass woman lol

Aspirations for 2013

Start dropping some music properly/performing/get on to the indie label of my choice, meet a man i really wanna ride with, travel to some countries/have fun :)

• Upvote 1

Got a car, and doubled my salary

Let my relationship drag too long

Your highest high

Bday, picked up di merc (first car) and iPhone 5

Your lowest low

Splitting with my ex

Alot more self aware and worldly, feel almost untouchable right now and i haven't even began

Promotion, get a bike, some savings, build my wardrobe. Make some plans to travel

• Upvote 1

Getting promoted at work .. getting a degree .. finally having the courage to do long distance drive ..

Not getting a job in what im qualifed in yet

Your highest high

Promotion at work .. graduating ..

Your lowest low

Havin a major asthma attack few months bk. Scary not being able to breathe i fully panicked.

Dont go out raving at all. Abandoned my vampire ways :(

aspirations for 2013

New job .. win the lottery .. new car or first couple holiday. Or both

• Upvote 1

Graduating, 1st class disso, getting a job I like straight after, negotiating a higher than averge starting salary, learning to ride a motorbike, going to Ghana and enjoying the family, helping my uncle kick off his business over there, vastly improving my fitness through distance running, eating healthy

Not getting a 1st class, not working over the summer, not realising rear tyre of said bike was faulty, being generally lazy

Your highest high

Graduation with parents and girlfriend,

Your lowest low

Not being able to go gym or do exercise until June because the NHS ruined me

More determined, more confident in my ability to excel, better work rate, more inclined to God

Get driving license, do masters at top Uni, learn to think on my feet and utilise information better, learn French, help more people

• Upvote 1

Got my very first permanent job and now have two interviews for assistant manager positions coming up

moved out

started back driving lessons

started back on the sax and refreshing/increasing my knowledge of music theory

failed my driving test twice

got bumped by one instructor and the worst is i've taken a break

partly due to financial reasons and because i was so f*cked off by the last test but im not a giver upper and i will get back on it

Your highest high

moving out, had one of the greatest birthdays ever this year, probably actually the greatest. it was a week long celebration

first time i had a cake since i was 13 years old. I saw the olympic torch, got wrapped up in the hype lol, got absolutely waved with the people i love the most. champers an brandy all night

became a God parent twice - really happy that the parents think this much of me

Your lowest low

_______

i will never be gassed over a man again and it is extremely unlikely that i will love a man again

the most a prospective can hope for from me is time and energy and he should appreciate this as all i can give which to me is still a heck of a lot

aspirations for 2013

want to get out of the office environment completely. To do this I will be working on my sax as well as pursuing a couple other interests and skill sets I have.

I WILL pass my driving test, it will not pass me

start muay thai and or athletics again

spend some more time with my god children and other family members whom I have neglected unintentionally

hopefully a MASSIVE family trip to JA

forward ever, backward never basically

/

pos to everyone for their achievements and hope that we all reach the higher heights of our aspirations going forward

• Upvote 3

getting into a decent uni and actually attempting uni this time round.

drifting apart from friends without making much effort, flopping uni first time round.

Your highest high

flying mumsie and pops business class on their holiday destination, paying for their holiday and other family related stuff.

Your lowest low

2012 is the year i lost my mind, literally. my mind state is f*ckED and i dont feel that i am mentally stable.

stopped going raving as much, cut down big time on the drink and drugs. feel more grown up with more responsibilities rather than going out with the lads every week... even if i do miss it.

2012 has been a f*ck*ng awful year for me though in all honesty.

• Upvote 1

Coming off drugs and drink (cocaine, weed and spirits)

Your own personal failures Not telling me ex how I really feel about her before she left the country

Your highest high went through April to may winning loads of bets won around 6k all together wasted most of it :(

Your lowest low being in hospital thinking I was going to die

How have you changed since 2011 I can see how drugs and drink had a devastating effect on things I do and being active. I no longer just talk the gospel I live it to

Most importantly, use this thread to lay some of your aspirations for 2013, maybe someone will remember to bump it in a year and we can all reflect. Going to work harder try and not waste money

Got the career path that I have wanted for a long time.

Possibly got the most disgusting cretin pregnant (heres hoping she isn't).

Your highest high

Probably being on holiday with the lads.

Your lowest low

Realising how out of shape I had become due to the working hours of my last job and having no time for the gym. Recovery currently in progress.

A lot more confident and laid back in regards to the A game.

The job will be in full flow, so will be looking to get my own place and impress in the workplace.