Mobiles are ruining relationships

16-22?

your boy has a lot of growing to do

Trust, man thought the single game was simple when he had a girl, didn't matter that he wern't getting it in he had a chick.

All good training for your pub team when you got a job, but when you quit your job to try and kick ball fulltime....

Well boy

I used to be like this when I had a BB. It was too easy... you'll be talking and hear the ping, then automatically you feel the need to message back. My best friend used to cuss me all the time saying, what's the point in seeing me if you're just gonna be on your phone. Until you get that reality check, you don't notice what yo're doing. I don't have the BB anymore so I don't really have this issue. iPhone isn't really the same.

i deleted my facebook and other social networks

no more whatsapp

never owned a bb so the obsession was never there

i restrict texting to sending important information or scenarios where i cant talk

i prefer and value face to face interaction so I sometimes feel cheated when someone disrespects my time

• 2 weeks later...

was on the train about an hour ago

sat in one of them 4 chairs facing each other spots, a male and female came in, no idea of the relation, male sat infront facing me, female sat on the opposite site so they had the isle between them

this whole time they were chatting the guy was on his phone on facebook (i could see the screen at certain points when he moved his hand)

i think his eyes moved up a max of around 5 times in roughly 15 minutes

reminded me of this topic

I tell my sisters not to use their mobile when they are in the car with me and my mum as it's bad manners and they should appreciate family time.

I'd say the car journey is fair game, travelling time is prime mobile phone time, but put the phone away at the destination/during meals, etc

/

social situations, I set my phone to "Phone Calls Only", so I'm not alerted by BB/Whassapp. They can be replied to at my convenience.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to check this muhf*cka a while ago. Dude called me out for a few pints and as we are chilling at the bar and I'm talking this d*ck head is busy swiping and touching away on his iPhone and his BB is buzzing away. Necked my pint and walked the f*ck out and sent him a text saying I didn't go to the toilet, I went home. Have fun with your phones.

Needless to say he turned up at my crib with 12 cans of beer. He never touched his phone for the rest of the evening.

• Upvote 1