What is ur perception of a RASTA

kerser

is jah meant to be a god or what

Rastafari are monotheists, worshipping a singular God whom they call Jah. Jah is the term in the "KJV" (King James Version of the Bible), Psalms 68. Rastas see Jah as being in the form of the Holy Trinity, that is, Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. Rastas say that Jah, in the form of the Holy Spirit (incarnate), lives within the human, and for this reason they often refer to themselves as "I and I". Furthermore, "I and I" is used instead of "We", and is used in this way to emphasize the equality between all people, in the belief that the Holy Spirit within all people makes them essentially one and the same.

Guest chap44uns

is jah meant to be a god or what

Rastafari are monotheists, worshipping a singular God whom they call Jah. Jah is the term in the "KJV" (King James Version of the Bible), Psalms 68. Rastas see Jah as being in the form of the Holy Trinity, that is, Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. Rastas say that Jah, in the form of the Holy Spirit (incarnate), lives within the human, and for this reason they often refer to themselves as "I and I". Furthermore, "I and I" is used instead of "We", and is used in this way to emphasize the equality between all people, in the belief that the Holy Spirit within all people makes them essentially one and the same.

iyah

/

unemployed

• Downvote 1

A true rasta has love in their heart and is righteous and peaceful in his/her dealings with the outside world

Always at the forefront of the mind of a Rasta is consciousness and respect for fellow man

However not every man you see with a beard, locs, hat and the colours has this in his heart. A lot of wolf in sheep clothing out there

• Upvote 3

It is a way of life, a faith rather than a religion. There are no doctrines and there are no hard and fast rules

It was founded in Jamaica as a result of the fight against opression of black people [(will post more when i have more time) - suggest you watch the muta videos tho really]

thanks to the 12 tribes of Israel movement, rastas can be found in every corner of the world from Japan to Brazil

Rastas strongly believe that the spirit of the almighty resides within each an everyone of us. For this reason we try to carry ourselves in a Godly manner, so we don't just experience God in church, or when we pray. We experience God in every thing we do because God is Love and if you know not love, you know not God. We view our bodies as our temples rather than grand buildings and for this reason we always feel that connection to the Almighty and recognise the Almighty in our fellow man

• Upvote 3