Week 11 - 12/13 - Premier League / Internationals

User

that goal was as much about Zlatan's character as it was about his technical ability.

I can't think of another player who would have had the audacity to even try that, maybe Dinho but even then I think he'd have done something a little more cut.

Zlatan was on a straight 'f*ck your life, I'm Ibrahimovic bitch' vibe.

ZI is a scorer of great goals Van Basten is scorer of A great goal

If you want be pedantic kompressor

did your big man/Ac Milan supporting Uncle tell you that as well? (I'd stop taking his opinions as gospel mate)

On Zlatan,

I agree it was a excellent goal,

i agree it was attempted due to the audacity of the man, and strength of his character

the martial arts stuff probably helped,

and it took a lot of skill,

However i'd say the condition which the goal was scored, I.E it was a when its all said and done was a friendly where he had already bagged a hattrick. at home where he is already as close to the level of God as he can get, the game was also practically over.

but would he have attempted such a thing in a final of a major competition,

Van Basten's goal came in serious pressure conditions. Angle was nearly impossible. and the keeper wasn't badly placed or terribly obstructed,

i'd go as far as saying it was a Perfect shot.

for arguments sake

If somebody down the pub wanted to try and denigrate the goal last night, they could say "it was a over head kick into a empty net in a meaningless game that had he of missed the shot nobody would've been fussed either way,

People's opinions are being skewed due to how aesthetically he was to look at, I.e his body position and the like, as goals go i could've saved the shot last night if on my line, Van Basten's aint getting saved. Plus Crouchy could've scored that goal last night into the empty net he just would've looked untidy as f*ck doing so so nobody would've been rating it as highly"

that guy wouldn't be totally right, but he'd have a fair argument

The Tec was flawless on Sinclairs volley