emigration n ur mums

local

how would ur family / friends react if u told them u was emigrating

far away like australia

or even jus movin up north

would ur mum cope without rent money / company?

what about elderly relatives

considering f*ckin off next yr, family all seems fine with the idea but my grandad didn't seem too pleased

what if he cops it while i'm half way across the world n i aint seen him in a year

never thought it'd be an issue but making me re evaluate tbh

discuss

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

no one likes it when I go away

i've pitched the idea a number of times of me going to live an work in another country permanently

its always a problem, some voice it properly and others say certain indirect things

a few members of my family actually need me which i realised when i was away for 3 months last year, certain issues arose and some relationships just went downhill

im gna stay for 2013 an see what happens, but i would like to reach sunnier climbs come 2014

no one likes it when I go away

i've pitched the idea a number of times of me going to live an work in another country permanently

its always a problem, some voice it properly and others say certain indirect things

a few members of my family actually need me which i realised when i was away for 3 months last year, certain issues arose and some relationships just went downhill

im gna stay for 2013 an see what happens, but i would like to reach sunnier climbs come 2014

u say this every year.... :keeporder:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

don't be callin me a twat

/

@Local, the caribbean

I've had job interviews for a couple jobs in JA in the past but was unsuccessful

now I've got a lot more experience, next time I go for one I should smash it

and i when i was away last year, my grandad deteriorated but didn't die till I got back

I think if you always have air fare to go home, you will feel alright/better about leaving

anything could happen any time to anyone really and truly

service jobs yh?

what do you mean by this?

and is this the work you will going for in Oz?

Like hotel, restaurant work etc

Dont mean to sound presumptuous jus figured it's mostly that n agriculture out there

Na I'll be retailing but I heard if u do few months of farm werk u get a 2 yr visa

• Downvote 1

:/

figured you know- based upon what.

and why would she go all the way there to work in a hotel/restaurant

xacly

that ain my industry and it isn't an industry i'm interested in working in

im interested in energy

theres plenty big things going on in the Caribbean

its pretty simple for me coz if my dad didnt emigrate from sudan i wouldnt even be here...

my mum would cope fine. other day i asked her about retirement plans and if she intends to stay in glasgow - she said 'it depends where you and your sister end up'. when i was away in france she did say 'its strangely quiet without you about, just me and the cat', in a way its one thing that puts me off moving out, leaving her alone, but i know i'll have to do it eventually.

anyway - my only elderly relatives are in sudan so its not like i see them much anyway.

dont know where i want to end up, permanently, ideally somewhere further south so its warmer / less rain.

short term plans are move travelling - canada next winter, then somewhere warm for the summer, then maybe back to the mountains the following winter, but the problem being this fun stuff is just postponing regular life/career/boring stuff.

house prices in australia are f*cked fella. think this through properly.

this is why u dont make plans down the pub

prices look ruthless

i kno a lad that will be over there then we was jus gonna go n see what the crack is

itll all work out im sure

cheers 4 ur insight marvell we'll leave it there shall we mate