The World Class Thread

Mame Biram Diouf

Been having a lot of debate recently about whose world class, who isn't etc

Basically someone posts, a pic, next poster says YES or NO

They then post a pic and it carries on etc, intruiged to see what people now class as world class, as me for its the top top players

where as some deem to be just very good players

So will start off with an interesting one (Porchy please dont start questioning people until page 2 at least)

Luis-Suarez-liverpool.jpg

Luis Suarez

• Upvote 1

hmmm... a bit iffy but i would say yes putting the hate i got for him aside.

/

14_reus_1534557a.jpg

Id say its 18 months too soon for Marco Reus

Yes hes done it in the Germany league for 2 seasons now and destroyed Bayern, also impressed so far for Germany nation wise and for Dortmund in Europe

I look at him again at the end of the season, seeing if he has that consistency

Id say world class = x factor + consistency

World Class performances few times a season doesn't make you world class (not in reference to Reus)

Ranking among the foremost in the world; of an international standard of excellence; of the highest order:

of or denoting someone with a skill or attribute that puts him or her in the highest class in the world

/

so in football terms... good enough to play for any side in world football in there position as a footballer.... then you have the second part which could be someone who is not world class as a footballer but has something that is world class like a free kick or a header..........

in short a world class player would walk into any side in the world.(noting the fact that there might be 2 or more in 1 position then its down to opinion)

Ranking among the foremost in the world; of an international standard of excellence; of the highest order:

of or denoting someone with a skill or attribute that puts him or her in the highest class in the world

/

so in football terms... good enough to play for any side in world football in there position as a footballer.... then you have the second part which could be someone who is not world class as a footballer but has something that is world class like a free kick or a header..........

in short a world class player would walk into any side in the world.(noting the fact that there might be 2 or more in 1 position then its down to opinion)

See I agree with this definition, but would like to know if Rooney fitted in that category because according to you guys, he's not WC but I think he'd walk into any team in world football, Barcelona, Madrid & Bayern included.

• Upvote 2