Ghanian Kweku Adoboli, UBS trader charged with fraud, jailed for 7 years

mwpfilms

• 5 years later...

Hostile environment aka the compliance environment

Nothin ain changed and the public has zero appetite to support any immigrant criminal no matter how long hes been here

Lets not take this lightly

Its as bad as anyone of us bein deported. Can you imagine the feeling?

• Upvote 1

Adoboli was incarcerated at Verne Prison in Dorset, Ford Prison in West Sussex and Maidstone Prison in Kent.[7] He was released in June 2015.[11] As he had never sought British citizenship and had remained a Ghanaian citizen (despite having lived in the United Kingdom since 1991), he was subject to the British Home Office's policy of deporting any foreign national who has been given a sentence of more than four years. He was served with deportation proceedings in July 2015, and was therefore unable to work, and lived with friends in London and Edinburgh.[12] He lost an appeal against deportation in July 2016

/ 

he wasnt a citizen thefore he should be deported  more fool him 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Hostile environment aka the compliance environment

Nothin ain changed and the public has zero appetite to support any immigrant criminal no matter how long hes been here

Lets not take this lightly

Its as bad as anyone of us bein deported. Can you imagine the feeling?

Its really not

He committed a crime and he's not a British citizen he's lucky they didn't take him to a detention center on release and get him dafuckouddahere

More fool him if he thought everything was gonna be hunky dory

I doubt he thought it was gonna be hunky dory. He didn't know he was gonna fuck up his life with that shit. Nor did it ever occur to him that he'd have trouble staying in the country as someone who would have - before the shit started to happen - seemed like an asset to the country.

Still. He probably should have got citizenship a while ago. The UK passport is probably worth the effort to get.

29 minutes ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Dont agree with this at all tbh.

I know a few people this has happened to.

All black.

If he was from poland or lithuania and was here from 4 i doubt they would try a ting.

Heres a few people that aren’t black.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/641547/Polish-brothers-deported-UK-blight-picturesque-town-crime

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/crime/lithuanian-to-be-deported-after-receiving-jail-term-for-peterborough-robbery-1-7783715

1 hour ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Dont agree with this at all tbh.

I know a few people this has happened to.

All black.

If he was from poland or lithuania and was here from 4 i doubt they would try a ting.

?? bruv you chat so much shit.

/

Swear this has been like this for time. Once you finish your time, you get shifted if you're not British.

1 hour ago, Heero Yuy said:

I dont think you understand me.

I know people get deported erry day b.

Im talking about ones that were born here or came over at like 3/4 years old.

I would put good money on neither of these woicheks you posted meeting that criteria.

Seems like the player had a licence to trade with the old white mans money but was gambling instead rawdog with no dom. Whether this was a method the higher ups were aware of and condoned is a bone of contention. Maybe he absorbed the risks as an individual knowing that glory would await if he pulled it off. Maybe he was deeply invested in the mindset that somehow, no matter what, he would be able to pull it off. Whilst apparently contributing to the topic, I had added nothing to the conversation. So we beat on, Boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly to the past  

7 hours ago, SLEAZE BALL said:

Its really not

He committed a crime and he's not a British citizen he's lucky they didn't take him to a detention center on release and get him dafuckouddahere

More fool him if he thought everything was gonna be hunky dory

I meant in terms of how it feels emotionally for him

At the least anyway

Obviously I understand what the law says

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, dayomesaydayo said:

I dont think you understand me.

I know people get deported erry day b.

Im talking about ones that were born here or came over at like 3/4 years old.

I would put good money on neither of these woicheks you posted meeting that criteria.

If they get deported its no big deal

They get a about a grand an then come back an do the same thing all over again

If ur gettin deported outside the eu 90% chance ur not comin back so easily

18 hours ago, Uncle Man said:

Seems like the player had a licence to trade with the old white mans money but was gambling instead rawdog with no dom. Whether this was a method the higher ups were aware of and condoned is a bone of contention. Maybe he absorbed the risks as an individual knowing that glory would await if he pulled it off. Maybe he was deeply invested in the mindset that somehow, no matter what, he would be able to pull it off. Whilst apparently contributing to the topic, I had added nothing to the conversation. So we beat on, Boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly to the past  

THE POET 

JEEZ