Did all humans originate from Africa?

Guest chap44uns

So because it is possible for a god to create a bang, you think it is silly? :/

Well didnt that shut me up.

SMH

So what was before the big bang then, in your opinion?

Yh I do and like i said if u knew what came b4 the Big Bang then u would understand

But u don't so its bless.

Your so dumb, weakarm you cant say that and not explain. Your a fool! You know nothing of what happened before the big bang. Every single thing said in science is theory. Nothing is 100% fact in science, be it bio, chem or phy. Even things I believe in science is just theory.

lol@ still arguing about the big bang happening or not

this is more than just a bang.

once a bang happens then for everything to fall into perfect order requires intelligent design

even though i cant answer where the God i believe in comes from, if i follow that understanding, or to you...MYTH

it still appears logical from that sense. in that i am natural, and if what occured in the universe's creation is supernatural

then the logic of where God comes from is beyond logic.....but doesnt mean it cannot be answered.

and when i hear people who were at the top of their fields in Astrophysics, geology, metaphysics, and all of that stuff still say there IS a GOD

that is totally compatible with all their scientific understanding....i know that im not completely bonkers

so why would i need someone on vip2 who's nowhere near their understanding think he's making any sense to me?

who doesnt even grasp simple aspects of proven history

just not right now... to stephen dawkings this is WHY the God concept is flawed, yet his and his buddies theories are just as flawed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

once a bang happens then for everything to fall into perfect order requires intelligent design

Perfect order?

Can you not see the flaws in the Universe?

In this world?

In Humans?

My mother had an ectopic pregnancy when I was young, this is caused by a gap between the ovary and the fallopian tube.

Prior to modern surgery, ectopic pregnancy invariably caused the deaths of both mother and baby. Even in modern times, in almost all cases, the pregnancy must be aborted to save the life of the mother.

In the developing world, however, especially in Africa, the death rate is very high, and ectopic pregnancies are a major cause of death among women of childbearing age

I wouldn't call that intelligent design.

and when i hear people who were at the top of their fields in Astrophysics, geology, metaphysics, and all of that stuff still say there IS a GOD

that is totally compatible with all their scientific understanding....i know that im not completely bonkers

They are in the overwhelming minority.

Plus their belief in God is not based on their scientific understanding, it is pure faith.

Only 7% of the members of the American National Academy of Sciences believe in god

Larson & Witham, Nature, 1998

Of the several hundred Nobel Prize-winning scientists, only two claim to be christians.

Only 3.3% of the Fellows of the (British) Royal Society - the British equivalent of the National Academy of Sciences - believed in god.

R. Elisabeth Cornwell & Michael Stirrat, 2006

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nothing fell into perfect order guys. It took billions of years for the universe to form into its current state. Thousands of millions of years of gravity on a molecular and galactic scale pulling particles together.

You look at life on this planet as special and glorious, but it pales in comparison with the universe as a whole. Not to mention the fact that we're literally germs multipying on the surface layer of a rock, we're easily extinguishable and when all the humans who have been warring and disagreeing, and fighting and hating, and thinking and learning, and contemplating and philosophizing are gone, the Earth will live on, and eventually be consumed by The Sun when it enters its Red Giant phase.

We are so, so f*ck*ng arrogant as a species its despicable. Rather than trying to work out where we came from, we should focus on what we can do while we're f*ck*ng here. How can you live your life in anticipation of something better that has nothing to do with your current existence, except of course possibly damning you to an eternity of torture or an eternity of "Paradise". Live while you can, be good to your fellow man, work towards a better future for your ancestors we at least have the power to do that

• Upvote 7

One thing that always gets me though is

when i hear people who were ARE at the top of their fields in Astrophysics, geology, metaphysics, and all of that stuff still say there IS a GOD

A significant proportion of these leading figures are ridiculously religious. It's almost ironic for a lot of them in the context of their profession as well.

Just baffles me, and like I said, always makes me wonder.

Only 7% of the members of the American National Academy of Sciences believe in god

Larson & Witham, Nature, 1998

Of the several hundred Nobel Prize-winning scientists, only two claim to be christians.

Only 3.3% of the Fellows of the (British) Royal Society - the British equivalent of the National Academy of Sciences - believed in god.

R. Elisabeth Cornwell & Michael Stirrat, 2006

Those aren't significant numbers and they are falling.

394313at.001.gif

Lies. A lot of scientist and engineers are religious or believe in god.

Why do I know this? Because I and people close to me that are in those fields. Only a few arrogant tv personality scientist and deamons are anti religious.

Tony, there are so many institutions it is unreal, can't go by what that doc says tbh. Plus thats america, which will be worse.

lol@ still arguing about the big bang happening or not

this is more than just a bang.

even though i cant answer where the God i believe in comes from, if i follow that understanding, or to you...MYTH

it still appears logical from that sense. in that i am natural, and if what occured in the universe's creation is supernatural

then the logic of where God comes from is beyond logic.....but doesnt mean it cannot be answered.

so why would i need someone on vip2 who's nowhere near their understanding think he's making any sense to me?

who doesnt even grasp simple aspects of proven history

just not right now... to stephen dawkings this is WHY the God concept is flawed, yet his and his buddies theories are just as flawed.

/ thread

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lies. A lot of scientist and engineers are religious or believe in god.

Why do I know this? Because I and people close to me that are in those fields. Only a few arrogant tv personality scientist and deamons are anti religious.

Tony, there are so many institutions it is unreal, can't go by what that doc says tbh. Plus thats america, which will be worse.

th_defgif1.gif

• Upvote 5

where did toney get his stats from?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/28/science/28essa.html?scp=2&sq=scientists&_r=0

Darwin wrote "Origin of Species" as a theist, envisioning divine control of the universe. Today, surveys show that roughly 40 percent of scientists believe in a God who actively communicates with humankind and to whom one may pray in expectation of answers — hardly a mob of atheists.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/10/1018_041018_science_religion_2.html

There's no way that scientists can ever rule out religion, or even have anything significant to say about the abstract idea of a divine creator," Greene said.
Joel Primack has a long and distinguished career as an astrophysicist. A University of California, Santa Cruz, professor, he co-developed the cold dark matter theory that seeks to explain the formation and structure of the universe. He also believes in God.
"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." —Albert Einstein

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/24/opinion/la-oe-masci24-2009nov24

According to a survey of members of the American Assn. for the Advancement of Science, conducted by the Pew Research Center in May and June this year, a majority of scientists (51%) say they believe in God or a higher power, while 41% say they do not.
Furthermore, scientists today are no less likely to believe in God than they were almost 100 years ago, when the scientific community was first polled on this issue. In 1914, 11 years before the Scopes "monkey" trial and four decades before the discovery of the structure of DNA, psychologist James Leuba asked 1,000 U.S. scientists about their views on God. He found the scientific community evenly divided, with 42% saying that they believed in a personal God and the same number saying they did not. Scientists have unearthed many important fossils since then, but they are, if anything, more likely to believe in God today.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2003/sep/04/science.research

[C olin Humphreys is a dyed-in-the-wool materialist. That is, he is professor of materials science at Cambridge. He believes in the power of science to explain the nature of matter. He believes that humans - like all other living things - evolved through the action of natural selection upon random mutation. He is also a Baptist. He believes in the story of Moses, as recounted in the biblical book of Exodus/quote]

ALBERT EINSTEIN, Nobel Laureate in Physics:

1. ¨ “I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details.” (Einstein, as cited in Clark 1973, 33).

http://berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2005/06/17_townes.shtml

http://voices.yahoo.com/nobel-prize-winner-says-god-science-coexist-2210750.html?cat=34

The 1997 Gordon Bell Prize and Noble Prize laureate winner in physics, William Phillips, discovered that God can indeed co-exist with science.
He said: "People always try put religion and science against each other; and real scientists do not think they are against each other."

Phillips said that because he was in quantum physics of elementary particles research, he was able to recognize the existence of a God. He said: "To me, here's all this life and it is not accidental..This is a very difficult conclusion to avoid!"

when i said 'perfect' i meant perfect to maintain human LIFE

quoting another award winning astrophysicist

many of the physical constants that define our universe, from the mass of the electron to the density of dark energy, are eerily perfect for supporting life. Alter one of these constants by a hair, and the universe becomes unrecognizable
there could be infinite universes, the full range of values of all the physical constants are represented, and only some of them have values for the constants that enable the formation of stars, planets and life as we know it. yet, we find ourselves in one of the lucky universes, is this just by accident?

human illness and tragedy is not part of what i meant by intelligent design. all that came after the initial plan according to genesis anyway.

• Upvote 1

Lies.

There maybe many institutions but none higher than the 2 I referenced, they are the National Academies of the USA and UK respectively.

The "leading" Scientists.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." —Albert Einstein
ALBERT EINSTEIN, Nobel Laureate in Physics:

1. ¨ “I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details.” (Einstein, as cited in Clark 1973, 33).

Both written by Einstein the year before he died.

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

- Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman

The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.

Letter to philosopher Eric Gutkind, January 3, 1954

• Upvote 2

Lies.

There maybe many institutions but none higher than the 2 I referenced, they are the National Academies of the USA and UK respectively.

The "leading" Scientists.

Come on now Rimac, there are lots of institutions; for all different sciences and engineering. Tuere is no BIG ONE as you claim as it all depends on multiple factors (i have currently applied to two institutions to start my registration, were I am allowed to bit can't others).

Venom done your dance though, but allow quoting something that does not show the true reality of what people believe.

Nothing fell into perfect order guys. It took billions of years for the universe to form into its current state. Thousands of millions of years of gravity on a molecular and galactic scale pulling particles together.

You look at life on this planet as special and glorious, but it pales in comparison with the universe as a whole. Not to mention the fact that we're literally germs multipying on the surface layer of a rock, we're easily extinguishable and when all the humans who have been warring and disagreeing, and fighting and hating, and thinking and learning, and contemplating and philosophizing are gone, the Earth will live on, and eventually be consumed by The Sun when it enters its Red Giant phase.

We are so, so f*ck*ng arrogant as a species its despicable. Rather than trying to work out where we came from, we should focus on what we can do while we're f*ck*ng here. How can you live your life in anticipation of something better that has nothing to do with your current existence, except of course possibly damning you to an eternity of torture or an eternity of "Paradise". Live while you can, be good to your fellow man, work towards a better future for your ancestors we at least have the power to do that

The single greatest thing, and the 'thing' that I believe is most fundamental in the universe is consciousness.

Nothing more, nothing less.

To be conscious of oneself and ones' environment is all that is needed to participate in this universe. I happen to believe consciousness is the most fundamental form of energy that exists in this universe. Humans are nothing more than the sum total of all the self-aware atoms that make us up. We began as the self-aware atoms of an egg and a sperm, and we are what we all are now.

String theory, and other quantum theorem propose that we are all much more entangled that we live to believe, space and time is illusory. Time is relative. There is no explanation for consciousness, it is not fixed in a point. Science has already hit a hurdle in its own logic - the observer paradox, and it is now clear that consciousness is perhaps even more fundamental that the E in Einstein's E=MC2 equations.

It is not arrogant to believe that my consciousness is fundamentally the same as that of a lion, a mosquito, or anything else. Plant-life included. Germs included, hydrogen atoms included. I believe that God, YHWH, Allah, whatever, is simply the highest form of consciousness there is. He is essentially the sum total of all the energy/consciousness in the universe + 1. Meaning God is every conscious being + or - his own awareness.

Perhaps God (the Universe) is not aware himself. An observer a million light years opposite us could look directly at our galaxy and deduct that is is no more than light, and like us believe that consciousness requires a sentient human mind. I do not doubt that we are the most intelligent beings, i.e. we utilize our awareness of our environment to our advantage (and detriment) more so than any other being.

Toney you need to read God's Debris by the guy who wrote Dilbert...

Come on now Rimac, there are lots of institutions; for all different sciences and engineering. Tuere is no BIG ONE as you claim as it all depends on multiple factors (i have currently applied to two institutions to start my registration, were I am allowed to but can't others).

Wow smh, the clue is in the title Justin, National Academy.

But just incase that isn't substantial enough for you to recognise.

The NAS membership totals approximately 2,200 members and 400 foreign associates, of whom approximately 200 have received Nobel prizes.

To put that into scale there have been 338 American winners of the Nobel prize.

So the NAS members account for way over half of American winners.

The Royal Society is the national Academy of science in the UK, and its core is its Fellowship and Foreign Membership, supported by a dedicated staff in London and elsewhere. The Fellowship comprises the most eminent scientists of the UK, Ireland and the Commonwealth.

There are approximately 1,450 Fellows and Foreign Members, including more than 80 Nobel Laureates. Current Fellows include Jocelyn Bell Burnell, Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking, Harry Kroto, Tim Berners-Lee, Paul Nurse and John Sulston.

There have only been 118 winners from the UK.

You fail to use logic on African history too, like Isa being black, failing to see the distribution of people on this planet.

If everybody is taught in school that no matter what part of the world you come from, we all descend from a small group of black africans and we are ALL related, no matter what skin tone, which can be proved by genetics, that is the key to race relations, respect and harmony.

when America was "discovered", it was populated by Native Americans. like You say, this was 500 years ago, so tell me how the Native Americans who had always lived there descended from African people?

all continents and countries were all once joined up, it was just 1 green place. that green place was called the motherland a.k.a - africa

until a massive worldwide armageddon, which broke up the motherland, and then countries and continents formed

so yes... u could say we all originate from di afreek

but surely any continent could say that their continent was the motherland if they were all one?

You'd have to argue that Africa, as it's continent, didn't exist until the continents were separated, so You can't call it the motherland if that "one green place" is the motherland also.