Kiss FM DJ David Rodigan quits over 'marginalisation' of reggae

Yak_Louis

i wouldn't say they're bars cos selling choice FM was like any business transaction

why should he take it upon himself as a community thing?

comet has closed down...is that seen as a white community transaction failure?

Lol

Comet has failed as a business, different scenario completely.

The founders of Choice had a responsibilty to ensure the station continued in the same vein as the 1 which brought it's success and followers (of which I was 1 bk in the 80's early 90's).

I remember Simon Jordan saying he will only sell Crystal Palace ground to the right people who had the best interests of the club at heart, that is being responsible, not just cashing in and chilling in the Bahamas while the stadium get knocked down and turned into a Tesco Superstore.

i wouldn't say they're bars cos selling choice FM was like any business transaction

why should he take it upon himself as a community thing?

comet has closed down...is that seen as a white community transaction failure?

Lol

Comet has failed as a business, different scenario completely.

The founders of Choice had a responsibilty to ensure the station continued in the same vein as the 1 which brought it's success and followers (of which I was 1 bk in the 80's early 90's).

I remember Simon Jordan saying he will only sell Crystal Palace ground to the right people who had the best interests of the club at heart, that is being responsible, not just cashing in and chilling in the Bahamas while the stadium get knocked down and turned into a Tesco Superstore.

In an ideal world yes, the responsibility is there but everything has its price and i bet there ad rates haven't suffered as well

its like when people got at the founder of BET for selling out to viacom, he said he started the channel to make a profit nothing else

but you woudlnt call that a white man selling out if he did..

but cos choice sold to a conglomerate thats bought 90% of the existing UK radio market

that somehow is a bad 'black' decision?

is the murdoch's buying of star TV network in asia also a bad 'asian' business deal

when the owner of CNN sold it to Warner brothers was that also a bad 'white' decision or just a bad business deal?

why are they different?

Yeah i was wrong for saying f*ck him actually . Thats my bad still . Shouldn't have gone down that road and been so hateful

But same ways uncle toms just sit back and allow sh*t to happen like its nothing and make excuses .

Prime example dub .

"because Asian Network is for the Asian community, to serve them, not the rest of the country

Choice/1xtra isn't there to serve black people, its to satisfy the demand for black music"

Those are his words . So we must have white fce to push our music ?

You need to ask yourself why is it easier for a white face out there making our music than it is a black face.

because people are RACIST towards us you dumb pile of sh*t and THEY STICK TOGETHER .

Like when i bring up asians controlling our afro hair and beauty stores while looking down on us and following us in store . Same guys will STILL be making excuses .

If you dont see whats wrong with that you are n idiot

here we go

give up on the hair and beauty store sh*t, black people didnt capitalize on it/take it as seriously as 'they' did. sandeep and the asian conglomerate aint letting you walk in that business in 2012, from supplies, rent, to predatory pricing they will f*ck you.

people dont even know if its a viable business or not and still 'want a black face' owning it. retail is dying anyway so its on to the next ffs, its not 'ours', the gold goes to the best one who can execute.

No you don't NEED a white person to push black music.

Yes people are racist, perhaps too strong a word but... people are naturally uncomfortable around people they're not familiar with, with culture they're not familiar with, its natural - this is why white faces are put at the front of black music, because generally, a white face is more naturally friendlier to a white person than a black face.

TBH I don't even know what black person you'd replace Westwood/Charlie Sloth with. Who'd you guys suggest?

here we go

give up on the hair and beauty store sh*t, black people didnt capitalize on it/take it as seriously as 'they' did. sandeep and the asian conglomerate aint letting you walk in that business in 2012, from supplies, rent, to predatory pricing they will f*ck you.

people dont even know if its a viable business or not and still 'want a black face' owning it. retail is dying anyway so its on to the next ffs, its not 'ours', the gold goes to the best one who can execute.

This is the type of attitude i am talking about . Trust me suppliers will sell to anyone that has a business but hey we should give up because mr patels got them . wheres your fight nigga

here we go

This is the type of attitude i am talking about . Trust me suppliers will sell to anyone that has a business but hey we should give up because mr patels got them . wheres your fight nigga

have you checked if its worth fighting for

There are a few black-owned stores like that aren't there? Or are they just putting black people on the tills?

Does the black community have that inner support that will help its stores survive though? Like if a black head set up their hair products store will the community support or will they go 4 doors down to Sanjay who sells weave for £4 cheaper?

If black people are gonna run black hair businesses, in this era, then they better have a real understanding of retail or they gonna sink.

These asians will run rings round you cos they understand retail better, you may know black hair products better than they ever will, but if you ain't matching them in the management of business then boy.

The margins just ain't big enough nowadays to wing it while you learn.

• Upvote 1