ViP2's Coaches' Corner

Michel Kane

• 4 months later...

Hey guys I'm currently a community coach at a pro club in League 1 will also be teaching a BTEC offered by the club next year to supplement my coaching hours.

Short term goal is to get to academy level.

Qualifications:

FA Level 2 in Football

Youth Module 1

FA Supporting the development of PE and Sports in Education Level 3

PTLLS  Level 3

So my question to you guys is this, how hard do you think it will be to progress to the top in coaching with only semi-pro playing experience, some people say its a big issue some people say its not such a big issue anymore.

Trying to start my UEFA B by next year the latest, anyone here done it already?

Anyone done Youth Award 2 and 3?

Hey guys I'm currently a community coach at a pro club in League 1 will also be teaching a BTEC offered by the club next year to supplement my coaching hours.

Short term goal is to get to academy level.

Qualifications:

FA Level 2 in Football

Youth Module 1

FA Supporting the development of PE and Sports in Education Level 3

PTLLS  Level 3

So my question to you guys is this, how hard do you think it will be to progress to the top in coaching with only semi-pro playing experience, some people say its a big issue some people say its not such a big issue anymore.

Trying to start my UEFA B by next year the latest, anyone here done it already?

Anyone done Youth Award 2 and 3?

done youth mod 2 myself all them courses are shit until you touch down on uefa b fam...

only this country is hard to buss into first team coaching in the pl due to the draconian ways of the governing bodies

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Good read

This is the kinda shit I expected from that Dutch fraud

The way Pep outballed City and Roma>>>>>

Good to see Paco Jemez getting a shoutout. Would love to see him in the prem with a bigger budget or a young squad that will listen and learn. Would rather have a fearless coach like him than LVG, Mourinho or Giggs.

:/ Fraud?

Fix your smiley face. LVG is a fraud. He sold us dreams. This isn't the same guy that had Ajax playing beautiful football or the guy that knocked us out of the CL with Bayern.

This is a guy that isn't fixing the tactical mistakes he's making because he thinks we're just unlucky.

This quote though...

“Weak points or holes in the opponent’s position must be occupied by pieces, not pawns.”

– Siegbert Tarrasch

Sold Kagawa, kept Rooney

Sold ADM, kept Young

Pieces for pawns occupying key positions.

This quote though...

“Weak points or holes in the opponent’s position must be occupied by pieces, not pawns.”

– Siegbert Tarrasch

Sold Kagawa, kept Rooney

Sold ADM, kept Young

Pieces for pawns occupying key positions.

That quote is so true

I remember one analysis video someone posted after a CL game where everyone was ignoring Kagawa and the text on the screen said "boom to side" when 3HUNNA would hit a long diagonal ball instead of an easy short pass to Kagawa.

/

Tonight's MNF analysis of Barca and Henry/Villa's positioning and runs reminded of this article and how Pep used Robben vs Roma. This is how I thought Depay would be used and why I wanted Pedro on the other wing making them runs but as the analysis of our game showed LVG isn't about that life anymore.

• 2 years later...

Question to people that or have coached, or not a coach or even a parent that takes their kids to a football club or there son is in an academy...

would you always want your son to always be coached on the ball and around others in the team?  Would you be irked if one of coaches took your son away for a sort of individual coaching and having a conversation with your son to find out what they think their own strengths and areas of improvement  are and to get them to think about their own game over just a coach just firing pure talk in other of the other players which they may not understand which could make them feel awkward or embarrassed.

if I have a son I feel that is type of coaching is important as at least it gives the platform for the players to open up and as said to self coach themselves and get individual feedback away from everyone else.

also if your a younger coach and your working with a more senior coach say a uefa b to a level one isn’t it important for the level one to learn and get the platform to coach his ideas and build a rapport with the players as well and if you was in that position wouldnt you want to get the chance to put a session on and get feedback on what went well and how you could possibly improve for next time? Instead of just watching the senior coach?

any thoughts.

Two questions in there.

Yes it’s important and imperative that you speak to kids away from the others, more often than not you’ll have a completely different interaction with them than if you were to do it in front of their peers. In terms of individual coaching it’s unlikely you’ll have the resources to do so.

Also I’ve had both good and bad experiences of working with more senior coaches, one that just tried to treat me like I was just there to collect balls and put cones out. Another who brought me through nicely and let me take control where he saw fit.

• 2 weeks later...