Managerial Merry Go Round

Admin.

It is with regret that Manchester City Football Club announces that Roberto Mancini has been relieved of his duties as Manchester City Manager.

This has been a difficult decision for the owner, Chairman and Board to make and it is the outcome of a planned end of season review process that  has been brought forward in light of recent speculation and out of respect for Roberto and his extensive contributions to the Football Club.

Despite everyone’s best efforts, the Club has failed to achieve any of its stated targets this year, with the exception of qualification for next season’s UEFA Champions League. This, combined with an identified need to develop a holistic approach to all aspects of football at the Club, has meant that the decision has been taken to find a new manager for the 2013/14 season and beyond.

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: “Roberto’s record speaks for itself and he has the respect and gratitude of Sheikh Mansour, myself and the Board for all of his hard work and commitment over the last three and a half years. He has clearly also secured the love and respect of our fans. He has done as he promised and delivered silverware and success, breaking the Club’s 35-year trophy drought and securing the title in 2012. I would like to personally and publicly thank him for his dedication to the progress that he has overseen and for his support and continued friendship."

Assistant Manager Brian Kidd will take interim responsibility for the remaining two games of the season and the post-season tour to the United States. 

disgraceful club tbh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could say that was the case if they were his signings that were bought last summer to push on, but lets be honest they weren't. Came like a spurs transfer window for them :lol:

could buy portsmouth with that 28m :lol:

Could say that was the case if they were his signings that were bought last summer to push on, but lets be honest they weren't. Came like a spurs transfer window for them :lol:

tbh he shoulda won the league again without signing anybody, got too many ballers in that squad.

• Upvote 1

It was the squad players that let him down in the league tho

The signings made sense, the change in tactics didn't....

As what happened was; Sinclair> johnson, Garcia/Rodwell> de jong, nastasic > savic and maicon as cover for Richards who was inj.

Didn't need replace starting XI players

disgraceful club

Trust, funny thing is if he was a more high profile manager they wouldn't have treated him like this.

Summer signs were trash but that side had more than enough to win the league, like i said though too many of them didn't turn up. Man didn't help himself though constantly airing out players on national tv and to the press all the time.

Genarro Gatusso becomes the fifth manager to be sacked by FC Sion this season

On 25 February 2013, Gattuso was named as the new manager of Sion after manager Víctor Muñoz was demoted to a scouting role after a 4–0 defeat by Thun in the Swiss Super League.

:lmao:  :rofl:  :lmao:

Di rage i would be feeling

/from manager 2 scout

fackkkk

C/s

A guy who done a pardew Job at lazio

Then got the biggest fluke ever at inter with fake league titles then when winning titles with zlatan and viera who he would never of bad if it was not for that case. It's like Celtic ain't going to wont the championship for the next 4 years. He had no serious competion. Hence why he had to prove himself in champs league which he couldn't and got sacked guy is overrated if he was to go inter now and turn them back into champs I will eat my words