Managerial Merry Go Round

Admin.

Stoke City have confirmed manager Tony Pulis has left the Premier League club by mutual consent with immediate effect.

The Welshman guided Stoke into the Premier League during his second spell at the helm and later led them to an FA Cup final and into Europe.

But the Potters were dragged into relegation trouble last season and Pulis drew criticism from some sections of the Britannia Stadium support over his side's style of play.

A brief club statement read: "Stoke City and Tony Pulis confirm that they have mutually agreed that Tony will leave the Club with immediate effect."

Earlier, Stoke winger Matt Etherington had warned fans to be careful what they wish for as news of the manager's imminent departure began to circulate.

"I've spoken to a few of the other boys and they're shocked as well, it's hit us," he told talkSPORT.

"Fans were grumbling saying they wanted him out or wanted a change but it looks like they have got their wish.

"You have to be careful what you wish for in football sometimes. You look at Charlton under Alan Curbishley and look where they are now.

"Hopefully it won't go that way for us, hopefully we'll get someone in who will push us on and make us into a top-10 team.

"If you look at where Stoke were when he first came in - mid-table in the Championship - you can't argue he's done a fantastic job."

Sky Bet swiftly installed interim Chelsea boss Rafa Benitez as the early favourite to succeed him, with Roberto Di Matteo and ex-QPR manager Mark Hughes other frontrunners.

Pulis first took the Potters job in 2002 and returned in 2006 after a stint at Plymouth Argyle, overseeing promotion to the top flight two years later.

Behind Arsene Wenger, he was the second-longest serving manager in the country following Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement and David Moyes's subsequent move to Old Trafford from Everton.

:lmao:

Complete disrespect

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the big teams gnna have new managers in the cl next season

Faaaaaaaak

Basically Berlusconi wants him gone and replaced with Seedorf but Galliani wants Allegri to stay put which makes sense

I don't think Milan can get better than Allegri in terms of coach with their current transfer policy

Allegri has over achieved IMO

definitely, always confuses me when I see speculation regarding his job

they should be doing all they can to keep him

Basically Berlusconi wants him gone and replaced with Seedorf but Galliani wants Allegri to stay put which makes sense

I don't think Milan can get better than Allegri in terms of coach with their current transfer policy

Same

Imagine that bad start they had

Every week was his last game but he turned the club around

I dislike Allegri static aprroach but it seems like most Italian coaches are like this nowdays

The thing is there are better coaches out there than Allegri but most of them will ask for investment unlike Allegri

I think they want to hire Seedorf because Berlusconi wants a coach he can control and dictate when it comes to tactics.

Also he seems to think this current Milan squad is good enough to compete in Europe when it clearly isn't and also thinks the problem is the coach.

Same

I dislike Allegri static aprroach but it seems like most Italian coaches are like this nowdays

The thing is there are better coaches out there than Allegri but most of them will ask for investment unlike Allegri

I think they want to hire Seedorf because Berlusconi wants a coach he can control and dictate when it comes to tactics.

Also he seems to think this current Milan squad is good enough to compete in Europe when it clearly isn't and also thinks the problem is the coach.

swear all owners are the same in this sense :lol:

as for Allegri I always saw him as the Moyes of that league

not the best but gets shit done to an acceptable standard under difficult circumstances

but is Seedorf ready for management?

you're the first person I've heard mention him in that sense

Same

swear all owners are the same in this sense :lol:

as for Allegri I always saw him as the Moyes of that league

not the best but gets sh*t done to an acceptable standard under difficult circumstances

but is Seedorf ready for management?

you're the first person I've heard mention him in that sense

Yeah I can see the paralles between Allegri e Moyes

Allegri done well at Cagliari and moved to a biger club and has been excellent so far

I can see Moyes doing the same

The thing is about Seedorf he has said to himself that he ain't ready for management and wants to carry on playing for Botafogo(His wife Luviana being Brazilian wants to keep him there) but once Berulsconi gets an idea in his head he won't let it go

Italian Media having been driving this Seedorf to coach Milan next season for a few weeks now

• Upvote 1

surplus to requirements

rest is just speculation but this is what's been said

club offered him out but there wasn't so much interest other than a few Brazilian clubs and Lyon

he refused to go unless he got paid off since they weren't offering anywhere near what he was on

upper management told him he'll train with the U21's until his contract expires

it's a rotten, rotten way to treat the guy