WENGER OUT

Captain Planet

HOW F**KING DARE HE. :rofl:

You'd literally put things on a plate for Gervinho, ala Bradford, and he'd fluff his lines. Fans (especially home fans at matches) turn on players who put in a sh*t shift. We turned on Ramsey, we turned on Eboue, we turned on Almunia, we turned on Denilson.

Eboue earned the respect back and became a fan's favourite. Gervinho was simply not capable of being a world class or even top tier player.

Mesut Ozil has claimed he would have joined Arsenal 'for free' after Arsene Wenger showed him the trust and respect that was lacking at Real Madrid.

The Germany international dramatically signed for the Premier League club on transfer deadline day from Real Madrid in a deal worth £42.5million.

The 24-year-old revealed to German newspaper Die Welt how Wenger called and spoke to him in perfect German on the morning of deadline day to convince him to move to London.

'In some way, that conversation flicked a switch in me and made me realise what I had lost at Madrid - transparency, trust, respect,' Ozil said.

'He told me exactly how he saw me, how he wanted to use me and what he expected of me.'

He added: 'I would have even joined Arsenal for free.'

Ozil will likely make his debut for the Gunners against Sunderland in the Barclays Premier League on Saturday, but is already thinking far beyond that.

'We will do everything we can to get as far as possible in all competitions,' he said. 'I learned that at Real.

'I don't go into any competition say: The target is the semi-final or the final. When I play, I want to win.'

Ozil performed with his customary elan on Friday evening as Germany beat Austria 3-0 in a World Cup qualifier at the Allianz Arena in Munich.

Another victory against the Faroe Islands on Tuesday will assure a place at the finals in Brazil, allowing Ozil to concentrate on playing for Arsenal.

Roma forward Gervinho has criticised Arsene Wenger for not having faith in his ability during his spell at Arsenal.

The Ivorian, 26, joined the Gunners in 2011 for £10.8million from Lille, but after scoring just nine league goals in his two years, left for Serie A.

But despite showing showing some abject performances in the Premier League, he has blamed Wenger for making him unconfident by not giving him enough time on the pitch.

Speaking to SunSport, Gervinho said: 'I was not getting much time on the pitch and was in need of this time to improve and play my best football

'Wenger was not prepared to give it to me.

'Also my position on the wing was not what I was expecting and I wasn't happy with it.'

And speaking about his former French boss, the forward added: 'It would have helped had he shown more confidence in me.'

Gervinho's move to Roma sparked a transfer merry-go-round this past summer, with Mesut Ozil eventually moving to Arsenal on transfer deadline day for £42.5million

Erik Lamela joined Tottenham from the Italian side, allowing Gareth Bale to join Real Madrid, and finally leaving the German free to make the switch to the Gunners for a club record fee.

I'll let you lot call it lol.

• 4 months later...