Too many man, too many man

youcleanwepaint

I was discussing today with my pal ,me and him came to the conclusion one of the benefactors of England dismal success in major competitions is due to,

.Not the influx of too many foreign based players but the number of English players actually playing in the Premier League and not one of the the players plays in a league in Europe. English players need to play abroad to get a better understanding of the game

what do you think???

of course there are other reasons why England dont succeed???but could this be it

just add who in the england squad is good enough too play abroad

I would have said Stevie G but this aint 2005

Ashley Cole but he is now what 31

Joe Hart and thats just because he is a keeper

Lampard could have played abroad

And your probably going to slaugher me but Michael Carrick if this was the 2007/08 season

no tactical awareness

been screaming this since 06

in 6 years only hargreeves, backham and carrick(to an extent) have displayed any as englishman and especially in an england shirt.

not technique, not 4231, not playing abroad, not not caring about england, not lampards fault and definitely not because of sven or capello.

tactical awareness is one thing, 

opinion on the  importance of tactical awareness is another, the English Players have the awareness but its a case of when push comes to shove they will revert to their primal urge to play hell for leather 100% commitment and effort sod everything else routines. This is very evident when Players play for England, 

The Media play their role and as they form most people's opinions on footballers and their merits or otherwise. Carrick being a case, Look at how he's criticised in the media and some section of the support, In this country because the emphasis has traditionally been about about hardwork grit and determination the players who are tactically astute and play with their heads rather than hearts get more plaudits. 

if you asked 100 football fans who'd they prefer Kevin Nolan or Micheal Carrick, i reckon the results would be much closer than they should ever be.  

in the other top leagues this wouldn't be a question worth asking. Players with less self confidence and belief than Carrick might've decided to go down a more "Traditionally English" route and switch it up. 

also to add in my reasoning english players are unfit and dont know how to pace themselves through games...

like the italians for some reasoning have a nack of getting late goals for example

of course genetics are beyond your control, but the england team clearly dont work hard enough